Steeda S550 IRS Subframe Support Braces

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

I have the Steeda subframe support braces recently fitted. I noted that the kit seems to have 2 missing bolts: (one on each side)
Steeda IRS.jpg

The shop who did the install have said the install pack does not have the bolts which are missing here. Should there be bolts to fix this here? Anyone from Steeda here able to advise if having this double bolted here is necessary? Or any issues if driving the car with these bolts missing?
Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Call Steeda and ask them to ship you the hardware or go to a Fastenal store and buy it yourself. Make sure the bolt and nut are grade 5.

thelostotter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
Are there even threads in the body there for a bolt to mate with? That looks different that my car..

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
There is a large washer that goes under the head of the bolt and a nut that goes on top (installed from the top of the subframe).

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It just might not be Steeda's fault the blister pack is pretty standard.

IMG_0110.jpeg

What do you think the chances would be that the shop blew it?

Pretty good I'm betting... V

After all if they were worth a shit. They could have sprung for a nut and bolt ? It's not rocket science?

That's a shit shop and workmenship.

Perfect example & reason, do my own. These so called mechanics, lack simple common sense.
So pathetic

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 8.29.09 AM.png

OP they install this also ? LMAO part of Steeda's missing hardware?

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My blister pack also contained everything just as it it depicted in your photo Rapid Red. I am wondering if the hardware may have been misplaced during install, or simply omitted because of the slight amount of difficulty required to install those rearward bolts and nuts.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My blister pack also contained everything just as it it depicted in your photo Rapid Red. I am wondering if the hardware may have been misplaced during install, or simply omitted because of the slight amount of difficulty required to install those rearward bolts and nuts.
Stuff like this just irritates the hell out of me ... :-(

I am with you on that, and would not pay for the mistake, they'er goof there labor.

"difficulty required to install those rearward bolts and nuts." not difficult a monkey could do it.

Hell take a laptop over
Show them the video, post #2 and point out how the installer leaves all the hardware loose.

Before tying things down, BTW is the correct procedure.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I agree, this was such a simple mod to do. I had no issues at all installing mine. Maybe I used the wrong word (difficult), when I should have said a little bit of a tight channel up top on the subframe. A short stubby ratchet wrench does the trick.

OP, I would just go to your local hardware store and pick up the bolts, nuts and washers and finish up the install correctly. Here is what you want taken from Steeda’s instructions.

9. Place the other 12mm x 45mm (longer) flanged hex head bolt and oversized washer, through the rear bracket of the sub frame brace, through the sub frame, and secure with the provided 12mm nut. See Figure 4. Note: If at this point, everything is not lining up correctly, the two 13mm hex head bolts on the front rear sub frame support brackets, and the main sub frame bolt may need to be loosened up, so that the sub frame support bracket can be repositioned slightly

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TeamDenno

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
It just might not be Steeda's fault the blister pack is pretty standard.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 8.29.09 AM.png

OP they install this also ? LMAO part of Steeda's missing hardware?
So has this been mis fitted too? (Sorry, I am the least mechanically minded!)

OP
OP
TeamDenno

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Aha! Thanks mate!

Its going back in again on Wednesday to get the added bolt into the IRS - I will ask the fitters about that too!

Thanks heaps!

OP
OP
TeamDenno

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
As a side - the gear creaks a little under initial acceleration. Is that expected / normal under normal driving conditions?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As a side - the gear creaks a little under initial acceleration. Is that expected / normal under normal driving conditions?
I haven’t noticed anything like that on my car yet. Maybe Check all components for proper torque to see if that clears up the creaking sound.
Sponsored