Anybody waiting for spring?

HGFireHazard

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I will be waiting until spring/summer of 2015. That will give it time to:

Have incentives on the 2015 - I would assume you could bleed off as much as 5k of depreciation if you wait until next spring with incentives discounts.
Know what the SVT can do and cost
Know what the color options/power options are for 2016 for GT
See what bugs are in the 2015
Know what is coming out in 2016 (competition)
Absolutely agree.

In addition this gives me a chance to see all the colors in person before making a final choice as well as test driving and testing out all the features. Plus I think it's definitely worth it to wait 4-6 months that are through cold(er) weather to potentially save several thousand dollars.

If the cars were available today I wouldn't be waiting but that's not the situation we find ourselves in.
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I am not waiting. I am ordering tomorrow and as long as it arrives before Jan, I will be happy. I can't wait to put on some Blizzaks and DD it :)

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP
And you never should drive on summer tires in the winter.. Unless of course you don't really have a "winter".
That is correct, I have the summer p zeros on my camaro and when it's under 40 degrees, they don't have good grip. Forget driving when there is snow on the ground. Just too dangerous. Snow tires or At least all seasons if you won't be driving in too much snow.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
That is correct, I have the summer p zeros on my camaro and when it's under 40 degrees, they don't have good grip. Forget driving when there is snow on the ground. Just too dangerous. Snow tires or At least all seasons if you won't be driving in too much snow.
Best excuse not to go to work lol

LIPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/50th AP

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I'm just waiting on a VIN and build date :rant:

Boss Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C43C
Was waiting to possibly get a GT350 but not sure I can hold out. The Nurburgring videos looked really good. Wish I had more data like price and performance to let me know it will be worth the wait.

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
ill be waiting til spring 2015 not because I want to ,but because I am going thru a nasty divorce

Sponsored

Babiblues75

Threads
Reaction score
I've been actually considering cancelling my order and waiting till next year; I keep hearing that our orders won't be coming in till November which for my area is when all the snow hits. I really don't want to drive it in the snow at all because of all the salt they use up here. Plus that will take about 6mths off my warranty because I know I'll never ever hit the miles with only driving it half a year so I'm not sure what to do:frusty::frusty:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've been actually considering cancelling my order and waiting till next year; I keep hearing that our orders won't be coming in till November which for my area is when all the snow hits. I really don't want to drive it in the snow at all because of all the salt they use up here. Plus that will take about 6mths off my warranty because I know I'll never ever hit the miles with only driving it half a year so I'm not sure what to do:frusty::frusty:
Rumor was on here the Mustang gained 300 pounds...from credible inside sources...yeah we saw where that Rumor got us. Sit back. Take a deep breath and relax.

I've been waiting since May 13th, had to go off zero info and uncooperative dealers to snag my LE. If you're serious about your purchase you won't let rumors phase you. I've been here for every single blown out of proportion/jump to conclusion rumor posted here. I'm as excited as I was the day they announced the 50th Limited Edition in Kona...you can't say no to this face. Just hang in there! (Btw I love how kona reacts to light)

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I originally was planning to order once order banks open for convertibles, but now I'm starting to re-think it for a few reasons:

1) I told my wife I'd pay off our Fusion before getting the new car (ordering doesn't count, lol) I should be able to pay it off in Jan/Feb timeframe

2) It is kind of pointless for me to take delivery of a convertible in Nov/Dec. Even though our winter here starts later, it still would be kind of depressing.

3) I kind of want to hold out for some mid-model year updates, such as offering a PP for GT convertibles. I've been complaining at Ford about this and hopefully they'll listen and make it available...though I'm not holding my breath!

4) I just yesterday went halves on an old E-350 tailgate short bus with a friend of mine, to bring to the Broncos games (already decked out, but I owe him my half now and we need to fix up a few things on it)

5) It doesn't hurt to wait for all the kinks to be worked out in manufacturing. I'm an engineer for a consumer product so I know how it can go sometimes!

6) I wouldn't mind being able to see some different configurations in person and drive at least a coupe before I order, since Ford's marketing is terrible and no one currently know what they're really getting when they order. I don't see all of the questions being resolved until people actually start getting the cars they ordered and/or they're on the lot.

With all that said, I think it is smarter for me to be patient and wait to order until Jan-Mar time frame next year. Our winters go late...we had several snow days in May this year, so maybe ordering in March is the best idea (my birthday is in March anyway!)

abie915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 EB PP
I was going to get a new car this summer, but with the launch this late in the year it makes more sense to order in Jan/Feb for delivery in the spring.

I don't want my shiny new Mustang all encrusted with salt and crud right off the bat, considering that this will be my daily driver :-)
Sponsored