Sponsored

Any regrets with Steeda H Pipe?

RS30061

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush RS3 auto
I went from an X to an H, the H has a much deeper tone which I prefer. Sounds more like muscle cars sounded back in the day. Takes the harshness out of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Any drone issues? If I want to revert back, do I need to weld the resenators?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Mine doesn't drone. I believe the shop cut my resonator out, so it would have to be rewelded. I don't think you will ever want to go back to the resonator.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, zero drone, and I've had dozens of aftermarket systems (across all sorts of makes and models), so I've experience a few "touring" systems that claim none, but still have some, this is exactly like stock.

Yep, resonator is clamped in the front, but cut at the rear, hahaha, I didn't even bring mine home, shop pitched it for me. :D

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Any drone issues? If I want to revert back, do I need to weld the resenators?
You can technically clamp it back on the same way h-pipe is, but welding is always better for both - h/x pipe or the resonator.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
You can technically clamp it back on the same way h-pipe is, but welding is always better for both - h/x pipe or the resonator.
Yeah, I've like to get my H-pipe welded, it's got a little water seepage, it's just hard to get a perfect seal with clamps.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've got it...and love it. All it did for my 18 w/active exhaust was turn the volume up in each exhaust mode. Didn't modify the tone at all

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I just added a Steeda H pipe to my AE, it’s perfect. Very pleased with it, I highly recommend it.

wtb6mtv8rwd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
To you guys who added x or h pipe to the active exhaust: How has it affected the quiet mode? Is it still quiet and stealthy?

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
To you guys who added x or h pipe to the active exhaust: How has it affected the quiet mode? Is it still quiet and stealthy?
Absolutely. I had the steeda x with my active exhaust and it was perfect with the active exhaust. Once I added the catless LTH it was insane loud. So I had to remove it asap and added a magnaflow true x in its place. It is absolutely perfect with longtubes, zero drone, active exhaust still functions perfect. even better after adding a whipple. I loved the sound of the X pipe with active exhaust and stock manifolds. But its just dumb after long tube headers. The res delete should be one of the first things you do. very easy to do.

Sponsored

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I just got a Steeda H-Pipe. What is a reasonable rate to pay a local shop to install it? I stopped by one today and they wanted $350!

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I just got a Steeda H-Pipe. What is a reasonable rate to pay a local shop to install it? I stopped by one today and they wanted $350!
That is robbery. Some shops may change a minimum of 1 hour for all jobs. I’d pay no more than an hour worth of whatever the shop rate is. Mind you, this can be done on jackstands with typical tools easily too.

gorgin4325

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
That is robbery. Some shops may change a minimum of 1 hour for all jobs. I’d pay no more than an hour worth of whatever the shop rate is. Mind you, this can be done on jackstands with typical tools easily too.
Thank you. Yes, $350 seems like a lot! I thought about doing it myself, but I much rather have a professional do it. I'll shop around. Or maybe I'll have it done at Steeda when I decide to lower the car. It's just not right to have an h-pipe in my livingroom! Can't wait :)

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
should be at most $75 to install at a shop. Really easy!

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, $75-100 tops. My local guys did it in like 30 minutes :)

Just the other day, I ran down to the grocery, and there was a guy in a Camaro convertible behind me, I had the car in Sport mode (AE so exhaust in Sport as well), he asked me in the parking lot, "What kind of exhaust do you have??" Hahaha, I said, stock, well, would you believe stock-ish?
Sponsored