Sponsored

Any Suggestion for a number touch up?

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Backed up and did not look at the cam, yes dumb mistake.

Hard to see in the picture but very little damage but anyway to heat it up or some kind of cheap bumper touch up?

it's right in the middle of the rear bumper on the strips
1463411026.IMG_5602.JPG
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Not much you can do since the plastic is deformed. You can try carefully heat the plastic see if it would pop back up.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
1) I don't think heat will pop that out much. Prob gonna have to do some filler to level out surface again, prep prime and paint.

2) But if your stripes go over that area - I'd just sand a little, use some filler, sand smooth and get the stripes re-done over the imperfection - you'll never see it after it's been leveled out and new stripes are on.

Unless.... the silver area you're showing is NOT a stripe section... Then revert back to first comment.

OP
OP
cyberbro

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
1) I don't think heat will pop that out much. Prob gonna have to do some filler to level out surface again, prep prime and paint.

2) But if your stripes go over that area - I'd just sand a little, use some filler, sand smooth and get the stripes re-done over the imperfection - you'll never see it after it's been leveled out and new stripes are on.

Unless.... the silver area you're showing is NOT a stripe section... Then revert back to first comment.
thats not a bad idea (#2) thanks

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I'm a perfectionist, and had a similar incident, but the crease was bigger and near the end of the bumper. Expensive repair.

You might be surprised if you aren't as bothered by it after two weeks. If you ever replace your stripes in the future, then do the fill/sand/re-stripe idea as previously posted.

Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Ouch. Reminds me of what I did with my old '06 GT at work a few years back. I was backing into a spot and 1) never would have imagined that rear bumper hangs over curbs as much as it did, and 2) the rear quarter panel window louvers were a horrible blind spot and I didn't see the concrete base of one of the parking lot lights in the grass past the curb that the passenger side corner of my bumper lightly grazed.

Sad part was I was being all annoyed and dickish that someone parked way too close to me, and was moving my car to avoid damage. Self fulfilling prophecy, apparently. :doh:

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
Remove stripe. Heat it up. Then it needs to be pushed from behind with blunt object until it's flush, keeping it hot the whole time. Re stripe
Sponsored