Sponsored

another "who felt a difference?" thread........(rear shock mounts)

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Anyone already have an upgraded companies rear shock mount, then saw a different company release their version of a rear shock mount and now can't decide if it's worth the upgrade?.......For those who have, any noticeable difference?
Suspension is already quite modded.

Thanks
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
List your mods. IME the shock mount is most noticeable if you have also done the rear lower control arm bearings. My suspension is heavily modded also.

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
im at...

steeda pro action adj/progressive springs
steeda rear shock mounts
steeda camber plates
vertical links/toe links
BMR Cb005
steeda alignment dowels
bmr 762
steeda bumpsteer
Steeda S550 Mustang Front Control Arms (Lateral and Tension Links w/ Bearings)
Steeda S550 Mustang Rear Lower Control Arm Spherical Bearings
whiteline front and rear sway bar kit
19x10/285 ms4s cornered

--Honestly.....i dont know if i would?.....but if ppl out there that have them are like "its a huge difference" then im curious

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm confused. You said you already have shock mounts? Or are you waiting to install?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Also, I have to ask, why soft progressive springs with all those other stiffening suspension mods? Sounds counterproductive to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
haha the progressives were due to listening and reading from the wrong sources. it wasnt what i wanted. Hence, my previous post about the dual rates and linears.I have the steeda. Was curious when i saw the bmr.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The shock mounts are more of a complementary mod IMO if that helps you.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The shock mounts are more of a complementary mod IMO if that helps you.
He's asking if the BMR is an upgrade to the Steeda which I think depends on what you're looking for/need. Steeda is a stronger version and improved over the stock design, but the BMR design allows for more travel.

I don't have experience with either so I can't comment on the results. Fairly certain @BmacIL has both.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
He's asking if the BMR is an upgrade to the Steeda which I think depends on what you're looking for/need. Steeda is a stronger version and improved over the stock design, but the BMR design allows for more travel.

I don't have experience with either so I can't comment on the results. Fairly certain @BmacIL has both.
I've used my current setup with 1) Steeda, 2) Stock and 3) BMR shock mounts. The Steeda and BMR both offer ride and and response improvements. The Steeda are compatible with all shock types, though require a different nut depending on the shock type and thread type. The BMR mounts are compatible with all stock or stock-type shocks with M10x1.5 thread and no adjusters. If you have Steeda's adjustable shocks, they are not compatible with the BMR shock mount.

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
Thanks BmacIL, that about sums it up. I wasnt aware that bmr only supports stock or stock-like options.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
oh but wait!.....i have the actives on order.....which are m10x1.5........lol oh no!......im jp fellas. They should be here by friday. Steeda sent me a hardware kit (bolt, spacer) so that i can use the steeda shocks mounts( that were originally meant to be used with pro action adj's) with the new active set. Lets see how this goes. Along with the sport linears and 1/4 spring spacers in the rear, im hoping for a welcomed upgrade.

OP
OP
Safridi22

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue
and be honest. Do you guys ALWAYS buy the ford fastener kit when you do something to the suspension. Its like one of those......do i really need to ......Well besides the fastener kit i was also thinking of grabbing the ford performance jounce bumpers that come with the shorter length. However, i remember reading that with the bmr rear mount, you actually want the oem length.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
The steeda shock mounts are to protect your investment. After stiffening the suspension up like you did, the stock ones become a weak point and have broken on track and even on street. The Steeda ones are much stronger and definitely recommended if you have that many modifications done already.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I installed the BMR's today. I chose to move over because the Steedas -while a very nice and strong part- gather junk on top and my spherical bearings are fully rusted causing a lot of noise and binding. This was my second set of Steeda mounts and I'll be totally honest I never felt a driving difference from stock rubber ones so I'm not sure the BMR will be any different. What I am sure of is the design of these ones while physically not as strong won't be able to have a whole beach worth of sand and gunk on top of the bearing.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
The Steeda billet mount bearing, the ball is Chrome plated and the race is Stainless with a Teflon wiper seal. Therefore, it can handle severe environments without rusting. On another note, if you do not torque the nut properly you will eventually beat the bearing up and it will make noise. After, selling thousands of our billet mounts we have never seen one bind up! In closing these mounts are used in Competition and have set records,won races and championships!
Sponsored