Billet rear shock mounts - advantages?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I saw online mention of a version for wider tires. If you have stock or PP shocks but may go with wider than factory tire width, which would you choose?
All of them will accommodate wider tires. Fyi you can get 315s on with either mount, but they'll poke a little. 305 fit.

The four versions are just for the different thread types on the shock shafts.
Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
So I went back at these mounts to make sure the top nut was tight on both sides. I had to slide the bumpstop with the dust boot down a little to hold the shock but now I cant get the bumpstop all the way back up! Does anyone know if it will re-seat itself in the shock once I go over a large enough bump?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
So I went back at these mounts to make sure the top nut was tight on both sides. I had to slide the bumpstop with the dust boot down a little to hold the shock but now I cant get the bumpstop all the way back up! Does anyone know if it will re-seat itself in the shock once I go over a large enough bump?
You'll have to use a couple tools to get it seated in the dust boot. A large bump will probably do it, too, but could also damage the boot (unlikely).

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried to get the boot to fully seat manually, but I only get it half way in.
It seems to have stayed seated that way. The mount seems to be angled in a way to prevent positive engagement.
I can't see it as a problem.

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
I think this is really one of those mods that improve everything with the only downside being cost.
Unlike springs, bushings etc, you always need to trade some comfort for performance. The shock mounts improve both ride and handling.
I agree with the fact that these are VERY big improvement, but I was thinking on the same way as to the price, but when you really break it down the price is about right. if you figure total machining costs in time& labor costs.

I just installed mine & took the car for a nice ride & was blown away by how much things changed. mind you i hadn't trimmed my bump stops yet either.
I adjusted my steeda shocks to 3/4 from full soft.

for my DD its so much better then i thought it could be.

Great investment IMO

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the fact that these are VERY big improvement, but I was thinking on the same way as to the price, but when you really break it down the price is about right. if you figure total machining costs in time& labor costs.

I just installed mine & took the car for a nice ride & was blown away by how much things changed. mind you i hadn't trimmed my bump stops yet either.
I adjusted my steeda shocks to 3/4 from full soft.

for my DD its so much better then i thought it could be.

Great investment IMO
Preach! They really do work.

[MENTION=29672]BChuck[/MENTION]

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Big fan of mine. I am switching from KW V3 to Airlift and one quick call to Steeda and a new set of inserts will be on the way soon. These things are amazing and the ability to swap the inserts to work with multiple dampeners is brilliant.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Putting my shock mounts on this week. Will report back with my thoughts on any change.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Just added mine today. The engineering in these is so much better. I messed with the articulation of the mount and it really shows how alignment of the shock will stay regardless of suspension geometry change. Mad at myself for not doing these earlier. Already noticed the lack of an occasional squeak/twist that I had when backing out of the driveway or going over slow bumps. I can't imagine how much better they will act during normal driving and track days.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Just added mine today. The engineering in these is so much better. I messed with the articulation of the mount and it really shows how alignment of the shock will stay regardless of suspension geometry change. Mad at myself for not doing these earlier. Already noticed the lack of an occasional squeak/twist that I had when backing out of the driveway or going over slow bumps. I can't imagine how much better they will act during normal driving and track days.
We appreciate the feedback ... Steeda engineering & quality are some of the advantages you get when running with Steeda - that is the Steeda difference!

Designed, Engineered, Manufactured & Track Tested right here in the U.S.A. ... :cheers:

Have a great rest of the weekend & on behalf of everyone at Steeda - have a Happy Easter!

TJ

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Just put these on this morning. I have ultralite linears on non adjustable steeda shocks. I put the steeda bumpstop kit on too while I was back there. My parents have a very bumpy, long driveway. I immediately noticed that the car soaked up the bumps better and was less bouncy. Getting it on the road I got up to highway speeds and it was much less bouncy than it was before the mounts. I honestly thought these would not have near the effect they did. I thought these were just bling for car guys since everyone loves some nicely made billet pieces. These really deliver on what they say they will and more. I would recommend these as a must do for any lowered car. They are so worth it.
Sponsored