Sponsored

another overheating question?

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
I don't seem to find many 2016 models with the track pack but there are aloft of tech packs? how bad is the problem overheating on the track? should one only buy a track pack or wait for the 2017?
Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I don't seem to find many 2016 models with the track pack but there are aloft of tech packs? how bad is the problem overheating on the track? should one only buy a track pack or wait for the 2017?
Until there is a realistic solution, if you plan to track the car buy a track package. If you want leather and to track the car wait for a 2017.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Here we go again...

OP
OP

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
what do you think the price for both will be for 2017

Dawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT convertible
I didnt pay attention and read deep enough on this forum and almost bought a Tech Pack. Thankfully I caught it in time. I hate the Recaros or a track pack would've been the choice. I'll be waiting for the 17's now.

Sponsored

OP
OP

formoutofchaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby
I didnt pay attention and read deep enough on this forum and almost bought a Tech Pack. Thankfully I caught it in time. I hate the Recaros or a track pack would've been the choice. I'll be waiting for the 17's now.
I also didn't like the Recaro seats to much HUG

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I was pleasantly surprised by my Tech Pack at Willow Springs. I babied it the first day and didn't shift. Rn the track in 4th. The second day I pushed harder and shifted as I usually would. This is a 3-4 track for me. I only went into limp mode on 1 cool down lap. That being said, it was a cool day and I drive this daily. I will probably only go to 2 open tracks a year. A 17 is still your best bet but if you can get a deal as these cars sit on the lots after the 17 release I would do it. I have still really enjoyed the last 5 months with my car. I do plan to add coolers when a complete kit is available.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
Its $3000 more to get the fancy stereo setup and whatnot from the tech package. Its equal cost to get it with the recaros or Leather heated/cooled seats. Can't get the leather couches without the electronics stuff.

Also I'm hardly skinny and the Recaros feel good once you get used to them. Its really weird feeling driving other cars and your torso can just flop around at will vs the Recaro soft hug.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wait for the '17.

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Get the track pack.. The Recaro seats are great.

Sponsored

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack

Shadow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow GT350
Until there is a realistic solution, if you plan to track the car buy a track package. If you want leather and to track the car wait for a 2017.
Wish I would have read this last Friday :headbonk:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Its $3000 more to get the fancy stereo setup and whatnot from the tech package. Its equal cost to get it with the recaros or Leather heated/cooled seats. Can't get the leather couches without the electronics stuff.

Also I'm hardly skinny and the Recaros feel good once you get used to them. Its really weird feeling driving other cars and your torso can just flop around at will vs the Recaro soft hug.
"Fancy stereo" is subjective, I suppose. That was my first upgrade, even though I don't use it half the time. My wife's 2010 Fusion has a Sony that blows my "fancy tech pack stereo" back to the 1970's. It was so bad, I never let anybody hear it. Just keep the hammer down. For real. :(

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Wish I would have read this last Friday :headbonk:
You may be surprised. Where do you plan to track it and how serious are you? I had a blast with mine at Willow Springs and only hit limp mode once on a cool down lap.
Sponsored