Sponsored

Another oil cooler line blowout.

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
Just adding to the list of failed oil cooler lines. Was driving home from work on the highway and noticed a huge smoke cloud out of the back on my car. Pulled off to an exit and looked under in. Oil pouring out of the engine bay and oiled down the entire bottom of the car. Got it home and was look about 3 quarts. Drove it the next day to Ford. They pushed it in and said it would be a week to even look at it. Got a call after 4 days and it's an oil cool line that blew or leaked. Should have the car back in another week. Yay.

Update. Well after 2 weeks I got my car back. They were told to throughly clean the underside. They didn't. They went to park it and ripped off one of the front canards. Now they gotta order a new one. I took off the belly pan and rear pan and cleaned them. Sprayed down the bottom with brake cleaner too. FUCK FORD. This is all after my ac failing and took 3 weeks to fix that.
669302478.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
How many miles and what year?

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How many miles and what year?
It's a 2020 I bought used. It has 18000ish miles on it now. Bought it with 15500.

An ac line went a month ago. Now the oil cooler line.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I didn't know the oil cooler line was a repeat issue for these cars. Can you clarify the 3 qt comment? Were you down to 3 qts or were you 3 qts low?

Edit:
I just did a quick search and nothing popped up for oil cooler lines failing. Do you have a link?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
I didn't know the oil cooler line was a repeat issue for these cars. Can you clarify the 3 qt comment? Were you down to 3 qts or were you 3 qts low?

Edit:
I just did a quick search and nothing popped up for oil cooler lines failing. Do you have a link?
We had the GT350 oil line recall, but havenā€™t heard about one for the GT500ā€¦

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
We had the GT350 oil line recall, but havenā€™t heard about one for the GT500ā€¦
Yes, I recall that one. Defective crimps on the hose fitting.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Edit:
After driving it home it was low 3 quarts. I added 3 and was above the fill line which is ok cause it would have leaked more the get it to Ford.

I can't recall exactly where I read about the lines before but I kinda remember the lines were loose or not connected properly on someone's car causing a leak. Lines had to be replaced. Same as mine now. Dealer said the the cooler line was leaking. Not the cooler and not a seal. Had to order new lines. This dealer doesn't have any experience at all fixing the new gt500 so it takes longer for everything.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
Sorry to read that happened to you. Engine in car is stock with zero modifications? Were you getting on it? I hope this is a random one off.

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to read that happened to you. Engine in car is stock with zero modifications? Were you getting on it? I hope this is a random one off.
It has different wheels and had a cold air. I was driving home from work and not beating on the car at all. Had my young son in the car too. Steady 80mph down the interstate. Looked out of my mirror and had a huge smoke cloud out of the back. I never had the belly pan off and hadn't even done its first oil change since I bought it used from a dealer. So I haven't even touched those lines.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
After driving it home it was low 3 quarts. I added 3 and was above the fill line which is ok cause it would have leaked more the get it to Ford.

I can't recall exactly where I read about the lines before but I kinda remember the lines were loose or not connected properly on someone's car causing a leak. Lines had to be replaced. Same as mine now. Dealer said the the cooler line was leaking. Not the cooler and not a seal. Had to order new lines. This dealer doesn't have any experience at all fixing the new gt500 so it takes longer for everything.
Wow drove it home !!! how far was it ???

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Make sure the Service Center totally degreases and sanitizes the bottom of your GT500 - oil goes everywhere from such a failure... I would make it a point that you want to see the car on their lift (before taking it back) to make sure all oil blowback and any residual oil is completely gone...

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure the Service Center totally degreases and sanitizes the bottom of your GT500 - oil goes everywhere from such a failure... I would make it a point that you want to see the car on their lift (before taking it back) to make sure all oil blowback and any residual oil is completely gone...

Yes I'm going to make it very clear the car needs to be spotless before it comes out of their stealership again.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I would add to that before they put the belly pan back on.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Just adding to the list of failed oil cooler lines. Was driving home from work on the highway and noticed a huge smoke cloud out of the back on my car. Pulled off to an exit and looked under in. Oil pouring out of the engine bay and oiled down the entire bottom of the car. Got it home and was look about 3 quarts. Drove it the next day to Ford. They pushed it in and said it would be a week to even look at it. Got a call after 4 days and it's an oil cool line that blew or leaked. Should have the car back in another week. Yay.
If it's possible, can you update us with a pic of the failed component?
Sponsored