Sponsored

Another oil cooler line blowout.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
It's gouged like it got hit. Doesn't look like a manufacturing assembly issue or defective part to me. Thanks OP.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
OK I’m a little cynical, but I will come out and say it anyway …

You mentioned an AC issue that took a while to fix. At any time during that process is there the possibility that someone worked on your car that was seriously pissed off either at you directly or or indirectly via their manager ?

WD :like:

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Looks like a burst line to me. Nothing more.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a burst line to me. Nothing more.
I would like like to think so, but I would hazard a guess that if the braiding was cut off that hose and there is any manufacturer ID on the hose itself (not the fittings), it’s rated pressure will be ‘much’ higher than what it actually sees in that application (and it’s not like age is an influencing factor).

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
I would like like to think so, but I would hazard a guess that if the braiding was cut off that hose and there is any manufacturer ID on the hose itself (not the fittings), it’s rated pressure will be ‘much’ higher than what it actually sees in that application (and it’s not like age is an influencing factor).

Working on Porsche I have seen plenty of oil lines fail. And fuel for that matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTFORMULA

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
OK I’m a little cynical, but I will come out and say it anyway …

You mentioned an AC issue that took a while to fix. At any time during that process is there the possibility that someone worked on your car that was seriously pissed off either at you directly or or indirectly via their manager ?

They were slow to fix the ac line but it was done without any bad blood or argument. The main reason it took too long was the service writer didn't know the part came in. Just dropped the ball. The ac line was done by a near retiree guy and I talked to him for awhile. Cool old guy and had a friendly interaction.

Calif-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange (1 of 480)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone know what the oil pressures are in a transmission line? Maybe a defective hose just gave out at a weak point in the line.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Typical automatic transmission cooler line pressures are usually sub-50PSI IIRC, but I don't know about the DCT...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
They were told to throughly clean the underside. They didn't. They went to park it and ripped off one of the front canards. Now they gotta order a new one. I took off the belly pan and rear pan and cleaned them. Sprayed down the bottom with brake cleaner too. FUCK FORD. This is all after my ac failing and took 3 weeks to fix that.
The problem is the techs are paid per job. They don't make any extra money cleaning up the mess.

In the futire, tell the tech you will float him an extra $40 if he cleans it up real nice.

If you don't want to pay, then you will get the bear minimum.
Sponsored