corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Just curious what website do you guys use for your pony. American muscle or Late model resoration. Or both. Is one website better than the other. Just wondering what most people out there use. Thanks
I've bought from both, but neither of them is a go-to-first site for me, even though I've had generally good experience with both.

I've also used Steeda, MGW, and BMR directly, Vorshlag, Stranoparts, and SCandC for various things, my dealership's parts counter and an independent brick and mortar store for some FRPP stuff, and both Tire Rack and Saferacer for brake pads and rotors. Probably a couple more I'm forgetting.

Norm
Sponsored

vtchopperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2002 Roush Stage 2
Vehicle Showcase
If you store your old wheels & tires close enough to the car, your car may still be reading them instead. After 20 or 30 miles when they can't pick the old ones up any more is when you get the fault.
I sold the original wheels/tires a few days later, so that wasn't the issue. But, as you mentioned, the car took about 20-30 miles to realize that the sensors weren't present, and threw the code. The real issue is that AM didn't install the TPMS sensors like they were supposed to. I've been trying the stupid learn procedure for hours, and can't get the tool to recognize the sensors. Finally took it to a local tire place, and their fancy TPMS scanner couldn't pick them up. AM screwed up... They are sending me the Ford TPMS sensors, and covering the labor to fix the issue.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
If you store your old wheels & tires close enough to the car, your car may still be reading them instead. After 20 or 30 miles when they can't pick the old ones up any more is when you get the fault.

Norm
Yep. i have this exact issue. My old set sit about 2 feet from the car in the garage.Just haven't had time to take it in to have the new ones relearned.

Sponsored

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've bought from AM and Beefcake with no issues. LMR is next on my list to purchase from, as soon as all this 'Rona crap is done.

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
LMR is an hour away from my location and bought lots of parts from them. They used to have a showroom and buy it from the spot. They don’t have showroom anymore, but I can still call and pick it up the same day. I used AM before and didn’t have any problem. That was early 2000’s though.

Blufc3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Premium GT PP1, 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve purchased stuff from both LMR and AM.
I’m a Canuck and have my parts shipped to Calais Maine and bring them across the border myself (pre Corona and hopefully post Corona). AM charge me Maine state tax (6%) whereas LMR doesn’t. I assume this is because of tax arrangements between Maine and Pennsylvania are different than Maine-Texas.
All else being equal I’ll order from LMR.

Sponsored

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Steeda and AM. CJ has a habit of not letting you know when you place the order that it's not in stock.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda and AM. CJ has a habit of not letting you know when you place the order that it's not in stock.
Where here :)

And ...

burnouts-for-deals-homepage.jpg

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Where here :)

And ...

burnouts-for-deals-homepage.jpg
I don’t even know why I haven’t contacted steeda. I got a few parts I need to buy. I need a quote please.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score