TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Any updates?
Sorry for the delay. But like many new projects there are always a few set backs.

We had to wait for the machine to get freed up to create the mold. That is taking place as we speak. Once done, it then needs to be re treated a few times and finessed so the parts come out beautiful. Yeah I know its a filter... lol But we like when the parts look a certain way. Its a radical design. Its one of the more difficult molds we are having made so its taking a bit more time.

The date was pushed up a little, but we are on it. We will have something real soon. We are looking at before the end of the month.
Sponsored

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
Sorry for the delay. But like many new projects there are always a few set backs.

We had to wait for the machine to get freed up to create the mold. That is taking place as we speak. Once done, it then needs to be re treated a few times and finessed so the parts come out beautiful. Yeah I know its a filter... lol But we like when the parts look a certain way. Its a radical design. Its one of the more difficult molds we are having made so its taking a bit more time.

The date was pushed up a little, but we are on it. We will have something real soon. We are looking at before the end of the month.
Understand completely, ramping up a new part can have difficulties. Keep us posted.Only reason I asked is because it's about time to swap out the paper filter I have now.

Any flow data comparisons?
Testing data you can share?
What is pricing looking like?
Any cool pictures of the machine that makes it, lol?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
They both use the same filter, but the 18+ GT air box is larger and supposedly flows more. It's a direct swap for 15-17 GT's.

I can assure you that the tube from the air cleaner to the engine has a larger diameter. the rest of the top unit fits onto the 15-17 air box.

CVCashmere

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I can assure you that the tube from the air cleaner to the engine has a larger diameter. the rest of the top unit fits onto the 15-17 air box.

CVCashmere
True. I forgot about that.

OP
OP
TKO Performance

TKO Performance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tkoperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Corvette
Understand completely, ramping up a new part can have difficulties. Keep us posted.Only reason I asked is because it's about time to swap out the paper filter I have now.

Any flow data comparisons?
Testing data you can share?
What is pricing looking like?
Any cool pictures of the machine that makes it, lol?
I should have the proto real soon. We just have to see how things go this Friday with the mold. Again, because of certain ridges..etc its a pretty complex mold. But Im confident my guys will make it happen.

The Nano media created for the Attack blue is simply amazing. Filtration is still super important. Yeah getting some more horsies is always good but protecting that engine is job one. We did the standard ISO test and went sub micron with fine dust, not large (which some companies do). We took it one step further and tested under ASHREA52.2 which is used for breathable air quality! A bit overboard but why not.

Here are the results for our nano vs a leading oiled filter media from an independent test.
nano-data_charts.jpg

Besides the media the new design will also add to the flow which will create more power.
Im not sure on price yet. But yes it will be a little more then the other options available. However this filter will be washable and reusable. Use soap and water. No oil. No special cleaner.
So in the long run its actually cheaper and far better.

Last edited:

Sponsored

2018GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I should have the proto real soon. We just have to see how things go this Friday with the mold. Again, because of certain ridges..etc its a pretty complex mold. But Im confident my guys will make it happen.

The Nano media created for the Attack blue is simply amazing. Filtration is still super important. Yeah getting some more horsies is always good but protecting that engine is job one. We did the standard ISO test and went sub micron with fine dust, not large (which some companies do). We took it one step further and tested under ASHREA52.2 which is used for breathable air quality! A bit overboard but why not.

Here are the results for our nano vs a leading oiled filter media from an independent test.
nano-data_charts.jpg

Besides the media the new design will also add to the flow which will create more power.
Im not sure on price yet. But yes it will be a little more then the other options available. However this filter will be washable and reusable. Use soap and water. No oil. No special cleaner.
So in the long run its actually cheaper and far better.
Can we get the comparison with a good paper filter like a Napa gold/wix?

Sponsored

james5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp
Proto is done. Its a slightly different design. We think its bitchin. We are now in the middle of testing, getting numbers...etc.
I'll have more info shortly.

Thanks!
When do you estimate we can buy one? I’m down if it’s pretty soon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.