OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I think someone else mentioned, but Airaid makes the filters for Ford Performance. I had an Airaid filter in my previous Mustang. It’s a good quality filter and it’s washable. Non-oiled also
I didn't know that. Thanks. 👍🏻
Sponsored

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
Good old K&N in the factory airbox. Installed when the car was brand new and recently cleaned and re-oiled for the 30K service. It was the dirtiest I have ever seen one at 30K, so I'll be inspecting at 10K intervals going forward.
Maybe there's something new or different or better, but I've used them in cars and bikes for 30 years and they work for me.
Yep, what he said.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
So is this normal after 5k miles? 🤔

20240119_143925.jpg

20240119_143940.jpg
Yep, my first one looked like that after about 5k miles. I just keep using the paper ones since it's dusty out here and they offer superior filtration to the other types. Not that say the airraid is bad or anything, I just want the highest protection.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I'm using the Ford Performance filter, made by AirRaid. It's a dry, non-oiled, washable filter. Well-made, using the SynthaMax material enclosed in a fine wire mesh.
100%, I chose the same :like:

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I noticed my factory Yellow air filter is looking a little dingy at 5k miles. Seems a little soon to change it, so I thought I'd ask when is everyone changing their filters, and if you're keeping the OEM style or making an upgrade.

I see Steeda has a washable dry filter, but it's $100! 😳🤦‍♂️

i have used the steeda, airaid, k&n filters. they are all nice and going to hold us well. you cant go wrong with washable. i have experienced those hold up better in most cases. i carry them all on the site as well. if you need help with part number just hit me up.

Cyberbill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium Gt Convertible
Purolator for Grandpa Bill. They invented the first oil filters for cars, and I think their air filters are just as good. I believe they supply Ford with their filters. Too much air lets in too much dirt, and too little air starves the engine. I think the Ford engineers have enough experience and college degrees then me to know what they are doing. Happy with the Purolator, air and oil filters.

Grandpa Bill

OP
OP
AZ_Ryan

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Purolator for Grandpa Bill. They invented the first oil filters for cars, and I think their air filters are just as good. I believe they supply Ford with their filters. Too much air lets in too much dirt, and too little air starves the engine. I think the Ford engineers have enough experience and college degrees then me to know what they are doing. Happy with the Purolator, air and oil filters.

Grandpa Bill
I'm not aware of Purolator making a CAI filter though.

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
I pinged Green Filter for a part number for the filter that comes with the Ford Performance part calibration kit with CAI and throttle body. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

Does anyone happen to know the part number off hand? I hadn't thought about it much because I took my car in for service and they said they changed the air filter but they didn't. It's not looking good.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I pinged Green Filter for a part number for the filter that comes with the Ford Performance part calibration kit with CAI and throttle body. https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

Does anyone happen to know the part number off hand? I hadn't thought about it much because I took my car in for service and they said they changed the air filter but they didn't. It's not looking good.
https://www.steeda.com/green-filter...MI_LfS9r_vgwMVXBWtBh0HpQjnEAQYAiABEgLlWPD_BwE

Should be this one, it’s the same intake

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP

docmogas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I switched to the blue Airaid filter as well. Did it pretty early on and at the same time I might or might not have removed the carbon filter, so can't say if it made a huge difference. My last oil change at the dealership they suggested I replaced the filter and I was like hell no> I'm sure the tech was just going of mileage and didn't really look and/or didn't know what he was looking at. And before I receive hate, only getting oil change at the dealership was to use up my Ford points from buying my mach. I swear I'm going to do my own maintenance now that the points are gone haha.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I switched to the blue Airaid filter as well. Did it pretty early on and at the same time I might or might have removed the carbon filter, so can't say if it made a huge difference. My last oil change at the dealership they suggested I replaced the filter and I was like hell no> I'm sure the tech was just going of mileage and didn't really look and/or didn't know what he was looking at. And before I receive hate, only getting oil change at the dealership was to use up my Ford points from buying my mach. I swear I'm going to do my own maintenance now that the points are gone haha.
Make sure to put one of the stickers that comes with the filter on the intake tube. The tech should notice it (key word being should) and they’ll leave you alone about it going forward. I did that with my Green Filter, I have one of the stickers on the airbox.
Sponsored