AhmadAq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 ecoboost
Hello all,

i have mustang 2016 ecoboost tuned and have K&N intake system, after i make an carbo cleaning by hydrogen pulse technology the RPM fluctuate between 700-1200 with shaking the car turn off.

i've got the following errors when i connect it to my OBD:
P0088: Fuel rail/system pressure too high
P00C6: Fuel rail pressure (FRP) -engine cranking - pressure too low
P0171: System too lean (Bank1)
P2195: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 - signal stuck lean

any help ?
Sponsored

2020Tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang ecoboost
Is this something like doing Seafoam induction cleaning. If so this is bad. Can cause all sorts of damage, especially to the turbo.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Clear the codes and see if they come back.

joshua.knofski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016
could be [Air intake/vacuum/boost pipe leak] or [the cleaning caused a fault with a sensor]

Sponsored

Ecto1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Who did the cleaning? These HHO cleaning machines are VERY expensive so I doubt it was a DIY. Start by going back to the shop where the cleaning was performed and have them review their work. Maybe they disconnected a sensor while cleaning. Maybe intentionally, maybe by mistake. But based on the tech literature available on these machines they should have NO detrimental impact on the car/engine at all. They should be the most effective and least error prone process for decarbonizing the intake & valves. But they look like the most expensive equipment by far.

Disclaimer: I've never had this procedure done so I'm basing my response solely on the literature I've reviewed on-line.

I read about HHO machines before I had my intake & valves cleaned by my local Ford dealer shortly after I bought my car. It sounded like a way better option than "walnut blasting". The local Ford dealer used a chemical solvent to clean the intake & valves. No idea what chemicals. Claims they never heard of HHO cleaning or "walnut blasting".

OP
OP

AhmadAq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 ecoboost
Here is all about the carbon cleaning i used on my car:

http://www.carboncleaningusa.com/

My car has resonator deleted and catless.

What exactly is happening that the car on idle start stalling and the RPM is going above the 1000 and flicking down until it dies and turn off.

i've got the following errors when i connect it to my OBD:

P0088: Fuel rail/system pressure too high
P00C6: Fuel rail pressure (FRP) -engine cranking - pressure too low
P0171: System too lean (Bank1)
P2195: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 - signal stuck lean

i cleared the codes and tried again, nothing resolved.

* the car before that was Lean on dyno i wasn't know that.

and i am about to replace the O2 Sensor (the upper one) and the Fuel rail pressure sensor.

any other opinions are most welcome.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I can't speak to the procedure. I did review their web site, in which they list zero tests proving the cleaning does anything.

I realize you're overseas and might have limited access to Ford service, but I'd seek out a good mechanic, someone who knows fuel and emission systems well. Problem could be something as simple as a loose connector, or something more extensive, like sensor or injector damage.

I wouldn't take it back to the people who did the work; they gave the car back to you unwell and generating trouble codes.

Sorry I couldn't be more help to you, but with the thread started, someone with in-depth knowledge of the codes could assist.

OP
OP

AhmadAq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 ecoboost
Few updates here:

Today i changed the fuel pressure rail sensor, high pressure fuel pump and the O2 sensor.

the stalling and losing the RPM on idle has gone and it works well while in idle.

the remaining problem is while on drive and the car full stop (on brake pedal) it is stalling and the rpm up and down and start loosing power and die.

on my OBD the following errors appears with no check engine:

1- P0088
OBDII: Fuel rail/system pressure too high.

2- P2195
OBDII: Heated oxygen sensor (HO2S) 1, bank 1 signal stuck lean.

KeyLime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lenny
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT/CS Convertible
I'm very skeptical. Yes, hydrogen decomposition/decarburization is possible but I don't think it can be done at typical intake valve temperatures. And this isn't a pure H2 gas stream. It's a small amount of HHO being injected into an air stream.

I'd like to see a before and after borescope of the valves.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AhmadAq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 ecoboost
This problem happened with me two times.

the first time after cleaning carbon by hydrogen it was vacuum leak from the intake tube.

the second time was from one of the Ignition Coils, after checking by the electrician guy it was not working properly, it has a bad smell and seems short happened in it.

hope this help someone in the future.

thanks for all of you.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Thanks for the update and posting of your experience with hydrogen pulse carbon cleaning.
Sponsored