Sponsored

Advice on ordering.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Note when you said ordering a 2021. Curious if I missed it or if anyone has heard any scuttlebutt on how many years Ford intends to build this car.
Sponsored

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
2021? Isn't that a little too early?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
They are listed as 2 separate models in the ordering guide and in the Ford Build & Price App.
Go to the 2019 Mustang Build & Price App and build a GT350R starting with the GT350 model. There is no 920A option in the GT350 B&P, and there is no 900A option in the GT350R B&P.
Choose Your Model
GT350 = 900A
GT350R = 920A

2019 GT350-GT350R.jpg

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
They are listed as 2 separate models in the ordering guide and in the Ford Build & Price App.
Go to the 2019 Mustang Build & Price App and build a GT350R starting with the GT350 model. There is no 920A option in the GT350 B&P, and there is no 900A option in the GT350R B&P.
Choose Your Model
GT350 = 900A
GT350R = 920A

2019 GT350-GT350R.jpg
I find it intriguing that you are taking such an interest in the 2 seat Shelby's namely the GT350R and the 2020 GT500 CFTP car when in fact you have no interest in owning either one of these two outstanding rear seat delete Mustangs and still continue to concern yourself with the "Golden Ticket" allocation process.

As I mentioned previously I have spoken to many friends and other enthusiasts who have also ordered a GT500 with the CFTP option with all of us being very happy with what the Ford order guide showed us along with what Ford's eSourceBook provides us with respect to the CFTP option and we all can't wait for our rides to arrive.

Why you continue to concern yourself with the 2 seat CFTP option for a GT500 when you have no interest in owning one is beyond me?

I am done responding to you on this issue and wish you nothing but the best with your upcoming GT500 and hope that it arrives sooner than later.

:like::like:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Why do you continuously defend Ford, are you afraid that if you don't, it will affect your social media standing with them?

Sponsored

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
Why do you continuously defend Ford, are you afraid that if you don't, it will affect your social media standing with them?
I agree with you that Ford should have had an R model or some other designation for simplicity’s sake. If it’s a sub-allocated car, it would make it much easier for these lower IQ dealers to know what you are wanting to order and if they will get one. When you call, asking for a GT500R would make it much easier on their easily confused minds rather than asking about individual options like painted stripes or CFTP. Just my opinion

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
I don't get it.

I walked into my dealership on July 31 and they knew exactly how the allocation process worked and what a "Golden Ticket" was. At that time they were sitting on eight allocations, five of which were CFTP. They made it clear there would be a lot of wheeling & dealing of allocations between dealerships which is how they have become the largest Shelby retailer in the US. It was also made clear that allocation orders must be made by a certain date or they would be lost. Hence they were preparing to order floor models as necessary.

My order was made on July 31, received a VIN 2 weeks later and am scheduled for the week of October 14. Inside information currently indicates all new GT500 orders will be Unscheduled/Material Hold at this time. I do not know what that means for existing submitted orders, maybe nothing. It appears that dealerships are trying to either lock-in orders or sell their allocations. I know my dealership has scouts out looking for any allocation available. This tells me there may not be any more allocations and back store deals are occurring more frequently.

Still, I am having a hard time believing dealerships do not know the process. Regional Managers are informed and regularly meet with all dealerships within their region to keep them informed, organized and coordinated. Then National Allocation Manager is organized and coordinated with FP and Flat Rock. Even Shelby, Saleen, Roush and Hennessey are familiar with the process and many of these execs have made personal orders.

I do not buy that any dealership is still waiting for an Ford Issued Allocation nor were they are not informed of the process - unless they are simply trying to sneek in the back door hoping for "possible" allocation due to not registering within the required time frame. Note below "DEALERS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENROLL POST ENROLLMENT DEADLINE".

Ford has been organized and continues to be organized and coordinated. Certain dealerships are the problem.

shelby-dealer-enrollment-program.jpg

View attachment 393109

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
I don't get it.

I walked into my dealership on July 31 and they knew exactly how the allocation process worked and what a "Golden Ticket" was. At that time they were sitting on eight allocations, five of which were CFTP. They made it clear there would be a lot of wheeling & dealing of allocations between dealerships which is how they have become the largest Shelby retailer in the US. .
selling of allocations does not impact a dealerships status in terms of GTxx0 allocations they get directly. Only sales figures.
That info is from my dealership who purchased about 12 allocations.
edit: correction

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I don't get it.

I walked into my dealership on July 31 and they knew exactly how the allocation process worked and what a "Golden Ticket" was. At that time they were sitting on eight allocations, five of which were CFTP. They made it clear there would be a lot of wheeling & dealing of allocations between dealerships which is how they have become the largest Shelby retailer in the US. It was also made clear that allocation orders must be made by a certain date or they would be lost. Hence they were preparing to order floor models as necessary.

My order was made on July 31, received a VIN 2 weeks later and am scheduled for the week of October 14. Inside information currently indicates all new GT500 orders will be Unscheduled/Material Hold at this time. I do not know what that means for existing submitted orders, maybe nothing. It appears that dealerships are trying to either lock-in orders or sell their allocations. I know my dealership has scouts out looking for any allocation available. This tells me there may not be any more allocations and back store deals are occurring more frequently.

Still, I am having a hard believing dealerships do not know the process. Regional Managers are informed and regularly meet with all dealerships within their region to keep them informed, organized and coordinated. Then National Allocation Manager is organized and coordinated with FP and Flat Rock. Even Shelby, Saleen, Roush and Hennessey are familiar with the process and many of these execs have made personal orders.

I do not buy that any dealership is still waiting for an Ford Issued Allocation nor were they are not informed of the process - unless they are simply trying to sneek in the back door hoping for "possible" allocation due to not registering within the required time frame.

Ford has been organized and continues to be organized and coordinated. Certain dealerships are the problem.
Right? There are people securely employed to know and handle this exact situation, daily, weekly monthly, year after year.

"Doesnt know" is unacceptable from a dealer at this point in time. Enough of us from different parts of the country have all the information we could want, so its not a ford, regional, zone rep issue

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
Right? There are people securely employed to know and handle this exact situation, daily, weekly monthly, year after year.

"Doesnt know" is unacceptable from a dealer at this point in time. Enough of us from different parts of the country have all the information we could want, so its not a ford, regional, zone rep issue
I agree, but "playing dumb" is definitely a negotiation tactic. When buyers are coming to you cash in hand, why waste time by keeping them fully briefed?

Sparko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT 500 convertible
Just make sure you bring the correct size snow chains to drive it home

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I DON'T GET IT, I DON'T GET IT, well neither do I but I am on the other side of the I don't get it argument. This should be simple and easy, you enroll, you get allocation, you order, you wait till it shows up at dealer. I am HERE to tell you this is NOT my experience at all, it should be but it is not. My experience with more than a few dealers is they are WAITING, WAITING, WAITING....waiting on allocation. Many will tell you this is pure BS and I can't say i don't agree with them. BUT there is a ton of it going on and my case in particular I have been dealing with my dealer for 9 months and have full faith he will come through but I have my concerns. Like i have said time and time again as much as i have called\texted\annoyed I CANNOT believe they would string me along and lie to me but maybe I am the sucker. Only time will tell....

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I DON'T GET IT, I DON'T GET IT, well neither do I but I am on the other side of the I don't get it argument. This should be simple and easy, you enroll, you get allocation, you order, you wait till it shows up at dealer. I am HERE to tell you this is NOT my experience at all, it should be but it is not. My experience with more than a few dealers is they are WAITING, WAITING, WAITING....waiting on allocation. Many will tell you this is pure BS and I can't say i don't agree with them. BUT there is a ton of it going on and my case in particular I have been dealing with my dealer for 9 months and have full faith he will come through but I have my concerns. Like i have said time and time again as much as i have called\texted\annoyed I CANNOT believe they would string me along and lie to me but maybe I am the sucker. Only time will tell....
Just a little joke for you. When you're in a room with a bunch of guys and you can't figure out who the sucker is. Its probably you. Just kidding around with you. LOL
Sponsored