Sponsored

GT500 Ordering Guidance

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, Tech & Handling, Twister Orange!
Hi All! I'm a long time reader of the forum and have received some really great info on the state of Mustang over time. I've been a Mustang driver for over 30 years and have been piloting my 94 Cobra since I bought it new.

I'm fortunate to be ready to order a GT500 after a 5-year program of saving and heavy spousal influence. Can y'all offer some guidance on how best to approach dealerships with getting an order in at MSRP? I've placed calls to three dealers today and they are all looking for ADM which I am not all that open to. I have no issues traveling a bit if that is the best route. Thanks much in advance!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thats a tall order. Call around and keep doing so until you find one. Be ready to put an immediate deposit down when you find one. Midwest dealers seem to be more msrp oriented, rural non metropolitan area dealers seem to have better deals.

Best of luck.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Hi All! I'm a long time reader of the forum and have received some really great info on the state of Mustang over time. I've been a Mustang driver for over 30 years and have been piloting my 94 Cobra since I bought it new.

I'm fortunate to be ready to order a GT500 after a 5-year program of saving and heavy spousal influence. Can y'all offer some guidance on how best to approach dealerships with getting an order in at MSRP? I've placed calls to three dealers today and they are all looking for ADM which I am not all that open to. I have no issues traveling a bit if that is the best route. Thanks much in advance!
Good luck, it will be worth the wait. There have been sightings of MSRP deals but it may take a while. Watch out for the 500 in track mode it will swap ends in a heart beat.

OP
OP
Ophidian

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the suggestion to call around. After placing ~5 calls I found a dealer within an hour and I'm in @ MSRP!!! Wasn't too bad at all. Amazingly they had 2020 GT500 with the CFTP and GT350R on the floor. Pretty dam impressive for a smallish dealership.

Now the wait. The salesperson was setting expectation for a late summer delivery. I'm a bit more optimistic than that, but let's see.

This is a HUGE day! :clap:

Sponsored

mds3606

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marlon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2018 GT350, 2022 F150, 03 Cobra
Congrats!! What color did you go with?

OP
OP
Ophidian

Ophidian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)