Sponsored

Advice on ordering.

Powerwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I want to ge in line for probably a 2021 model and to order it with the options I select, as usual want MSRP or close. I've called my normal dealer and they said they are getting one that's close to what I want. Not sure what the deal is with not just getting notified when I can place an order as I want. Anyone else seen this? I just want the best odds of getting one the exact way I want and I'm in no hurry.
Sponsored

Last edited:

TexxasGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2018 Rator, 2020 GT500
You need to establish a trustworthy relationship with a dealer/salesman. Ask to get on their upcoming list of potential allocations for 2021. Call, call, call. Dealers get allocations and no dealers have allocations for the 2021 MY. You cannot build an order online at this point and will have a hard time securing an allocation online, if at all. Once you have an allocation secured you can order to your spec with that dealer when 2021 order banks open.

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
I would also add that if 2021 is the same as this year you might have to ask around for a dealer that has an allocation for the carbon fiber track pack and painted stripes. This year they were very rare and quite expensive.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I would also add that if 2021 is the same as this year you might have to ask around for a dealer that has an allocation for the carbon fiber track pack and painted stripes. This year they were very rare and quite expensive.
Hopefully Ford will replace the CFTP car with a GT500R. That would solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings for both the dealers and the customers.

OP
OP

Powerwheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
I want a Base, Recaros, Handling Pack and CF Dash. Still deciding on Color and Stripe Options.

Dont care about the Tech Package particularly.

Not in a hurry, just want to get locked in at MSRP.

Guess the phone is my friend, time to get busy.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
With the cold weather coming, if you live in a snow state, you maybe able to walk into a dealer and buy one off the showroom floor for MSRP on a snowy day.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I want to ge in line for probably a 2021 model and to order it with the options I select, as usual want MSRP or close. I've called my normal dealer and they said they are getting one that's close to what I want. Not sure what the deal is with not just getting notified when I can place an order as I want. Anyone else seen this? I just want the best odds of getting one the exact way I want and I'm in no hurry.
I want a Base, Recaros, Handling Pack and CF Dash. Still deciding on Color and Stripe Options.

If you want to put $$ down now, call Rob Dell at Bob Ruth Ford in Dillsburg PA. tell him Steve sent you. i wont say MSRP, but it shouldnt be bad.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
If you want to put $$ down now, call Rob Dell at Bob Ruth Ford in Dillsburg PA. tell him Steve sent you. i wont say MSRP, but it shouldnt be bad.
I still cant believe you beat me to Bob Ruths for 2020.
Steve you are true pro, plus i was still shoppong GTRs in the winter didnt jump on board on with the GT500 till late spring.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hopefully Ford will replace the CFTP car with a GT500R. That would solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings for both the dealers and the customers.
I have read the Ford "Order Guide" and the "eSourceBook" for the GT500 and really don't understand your concerns with respect to problems and/or misunderstandings regarding "Equipment Group 950A" and the CFTP option as it seems pretty comprehensive to me at least it was when I ordered my car?

CFTP - Option Code 67J
Technology Package - Option Code 67T
Handling Package - NA with CFTP Option Code 67J
Recaro Seats - Included with Option Code 67J
Painted Black Roof - Option Code 94B
Vinyl OTT Stripes - Option Code 47S
Vinyl Side Stripes - Option Code 464
Painted OTT Stripes - Option Code 47W
Exposed Carbon Fiber Instrument Panel - Included with CFTP Option Code 67J
Twister Orange - Option Code CA
Rapid Red Metallic = Option Code D4
Car Covers - Dealer Installed

As you are aware all of the above options also has detailed information for each of the free standing option packages therefore don't know where the confusion is for ordering a CFTP car and have spoken to numerous other individuals who have ordered a CFTP car as well and none of them were confused with any of the above information either.

:sunglasses:

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500

PM me if you want info on a dealer in Minnesota who got me an MSRP deal on a base model.

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
As you are aware all of the above options also has detailed information for each of the free standing option packages therefore don't know where the confusion is for ordering a CFTP car and have spoken to numerous other individuals who have ordered a CFTP car as well and none of them were confused with any of the above information either.
:sunglasses:
The confusion was centered around the lack of knowledge concerning the "Golden Ticket". In the documentation you listed can you point out any reference that indicated a special allocation was required for the CFTP and Painted stripes?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
The confusion was centered around the lack of knowledge concerning the "Golden Ticket". In the documentation you listed can you point out any reference that indicated a special allocation was required for the CFTP and Painted stripes?
If the "Golden Ticket" issue was or is an issue for you I get all that but at no point in your post #4 did you talk about of refer to the "Golden Ticket" issue and only spoke of replacing the CFTP car with a GT500R and that would solve a lot of problems and misunderstandings for both dealers and customers.

With respect to your question about a special allocation being required and referenced for the CFTP and Painted stripe option obviously that is not listed in the Ford dealer order guide or the Ford eSourceBook.

I just pulled out a copy of my eSourceBook for the 2016 GT350R Base model that I ordered back in 2015 and Ford did not list any special allocation being required for that 2 seat Shelby GT350R either therefore not really sure what path that you are going down here?

The only difference between the 2 seat R models from 2015 thru 2019 and the 2020 2 seat CFTP car is that the 2020 GT500 has an allocation called the "Golden Ticket" whereas back in 2015 and beyond there was no assigned name to these rare and specifically allocated 2 seat GT350R's.

As you are probably well aware the GT350R model production numbers from 2016 thru 2019 never came close to the suggested ~1250 2 seat 2020 CFTP cars and if Ford continues to produce the CFTP GT500's based on the first production year numbers the Gt350R models will become a much more rare car in the long run.

It seems to me that you have an issue with the "Golden Ticket" allocation process but from my standpoint it is really no different than what I experienced when I was looking for a 2 seat 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca in 2011 or a 2 seat 2016 thru 2018 2 seat Base R model in 2015 and suggest it is time for you to move on and accept what Ford has elected to do here.

:)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
As far as your GT350R reference, everyone knew there was a special requirement for an allocation. The GT350R was a standalone model, it was not an option that could be added to the GT350.
I have never considered buying a CFTP or Painted Stripe optioned 2020 GT500. I don't buy a car to impress others, I buy it for myself.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I still cant believe you beat me to Bob Ruths for 2020.
Steve you are true pro, plus i was still shoppong GTRs in the winter didnt jump on board on with the GT500 till late spring.
i started my search as soon as i saw the car jan 14th. It was a friend of a friend thing and i made a very good argument/incentive. I only keep cars/trucks 2 maybe 3 years at most. im about to trade my 17 f150 in on a ranger, and wives 17 explorer lease is up in a few months, so thats 3 vehicles moved from me alone, plus my reach to other potential buyers

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
As far as your GT350R reference, everyone knew there was a special requirement for an allocation. The GT350R was a standalone model, it was not an option that could be added to the GT350.
I have never considered buying a CFTP or Painted Stripe optioned 2020 GT500. I don't buy a car to impress others, I buy it for myself.
I suggest that you do your homework as the GT350 R model is a standalone "Optional Package" namely "Equipment Group 920A" just like back in the 2015MY and still today for the 2020MY and not a standalone model as you so seem to think.

A Mustang EcoBoost, Mustang GT and Bullitt are examples of standalone models with the GT350/R both being the same vehicle with the R model having an optional package and equipment group.

Not sure what initiated your last sentence regarding not buying a car to impress others but obviously you have an issue with myself or others that choose to purchase this cool option.

BTW, was it not you who suggested that the "Adjustable Strut Top Mounts" came as part of the Handling Package and if so I don't seem to read it that way.

:wink:
Sponsored