Sponsored

Thinking about ordering a gt500

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
I have a couple of leads on allocation for order. Is there anyway to truly verify they have the allocation or if they have allocation for the track pack? Does ford give a estimated production date with allocation?
Sponsored

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I have a couple of leads on allocation for order. Is there anyway to truly verify they have the allocation or if they have allocation for the track pack? Does ford give a estimated production date with allocation?
At this point in the game there are no unspoken for allocations for CFTP cars with the exception of dealers wanting 50k over.....
The car has gotten very positive reviews so there won’t be any base models sitting on lots anytime soon either . Dealers lie all the time about allocations , if they don’t have a VIN and a build date currently then they don’t have a car anytime soon . Your best bet is waiting things out until after ADM dies down and production ramps up next model year .

OP
OP

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
At this point in the game there are no unspoken for allocations for CFTP cars with the exception of dealers wanting 50k over.....
The car has gotten very positive reviews so there won’t be any base models sitting on lots anytime soon either . Dealers lie all the time about allocations , if they don’t have a VIN and a build date currently then they don’t have a car anytime soon . Your best bet is waiting things out until after ADM dies down and production ramps up next model year .
One dealer told me they have allocation to order now and one dealer told me there allocation is for February and it's there only gt500. If I go to dealer and order car with options is there a way to know they had allocation and order will get picked?

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
The answer is no, there is no way to verify. Many of us in the march mustang club are simply waiting and hoping their dealer isn't putting them on.

If you order one now, it wont be scheduled until January (at the earliest) and wont be built until March (earliest)

M1AK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Gt500
I ordered my CFTP ca in July and was told in August by the dealer and area Ford Rep that it wouldn’t get built until spring. So I guess if you ask for confirmation you could get if via the area Ford Rep. The dealership I ordered mine through has a base model left but now the ADM is higher than what I paid for the CFTP car.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The answer is no, there is no way to verify. Many of us in the march mustang club are simply waiting and hoping their dealer isn't putting them on.

If you order one now, it wont be scheduled until January (at the earliest) and wont be built until March (earliest)
Unless you find an order in "clean" status. Unscheduled material hold could, or could never get built.

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Unless you find an order in "clean" status. Unscheduled material hold could, or could never get built.
I am fully in this boat. My dealer got 2 allocations with one Golden Ticket. I ordered a base with tech package and carbon fiber dash first week of August. I am still Unscheduled Material Hold. I’m a little concerned not having a VIN at this point.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I am fully in this boat. My dealer got 2 allocations with one Golden Ticket. I ordered a base with tech package and carbon fiber dash first week of August. I am still Unscheduled Material Hold. I’m a little concerned not having a VIN at this point.
That's the problem. You never know. In one instance pertaining to one of my Rs, I contacted my regional rep to verify my order. The problem is that is not normal protocol and it is not ok to just reach out to the regional or zone reps. I did it because I was about a year into my wait.

Dealers in the past have sold allocations they didnt have. In years prior, they were supposed to have fixed it so that an order couldn't be placed unless they have an allocation. Apparently, you can place an order now and not necessarily have an allocation.

All I can say is that you have to trust the system however apply some common sense. Is your dealer a large dealer that moves a lot of mustang's? Yes? Ok, do they move a lot of GT350s? Yes? Do they move a lot of R models? Yes? Then you are probably ok. No to any of the above questions and I would be weary. I forget the exact formula, but "golden ticket" allocations (that is such a stupid term) are incentive and merit based allocations that are awarded for sales performance of all of the above. If you are dealing with a dealership that is small and low volume, you are probably screwed.

And then there is the other thing to be concerned about. Let's say your dealership does have the CFTP allocation..... you better hope they are honest and reputable and stand up and do the right thing. There were factions at my dealership that were wanting and ready to flush the toilet on me and my deal that I made 2 years ago. If it weren't for the key people there who stood up to do the right thing, I'd be totally screwed.

There is another part of my GT500 story that I can't get into. It's a shame because many would understand my attitude towards the way this whole 500 release has played out. But I guess that's neither here nor there.

I wish you and everyone else out there who is patiently waiting for their 500s the best of luck. I wish I could give you more info, but the ordering system and dealership model doesn't offer you any kind of guarantees whatsoever. At the end of the day, it is the dealership who is ordering the car. It belongs to them and they can do whatever they want up to the point that you sign and pay for it. Most dealers are honest. The few that are not are the ones that I worry about.

Edited to add: I see you are buying a base 500. Every dealer who opted into the program will get at least one 500. My references above mostly pertain to the CFTP car. Anyone in the hat for a base should be fine, its just a question of "when" not "if" the car will get built. My disclaimer stands pertaining to the dealership and the greed factor. Nothing is stopping them from selling the car to someone else if a better offer comes along. However, for a base, that probably isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Unless you have a scheduled build date you will not have a VIN assigned to your car until approximately 2 weeks out from the scheduled production date.

Once a VIN is assigned to your car then a Window Sticker will be issued very shortly thereafter and again you should have access to your WS approximately 2 weeks out from the Blend Date.

Shortly after your car has it's dash installed to the shell of your car then a consecutive Chassis Plate Number will be assigned and placed into your car with your chassis number being kept in a log at the FRAP.

I assume that your dealership has supplied you with a VOC (vehicle order confirmation) and if so it will show an order number for your car along with their Ford dealership number after which time you can call FP and provide them with both of these numbers at which time they should be in a position to verify and confirm that your order is solid.

Like you my CFTP car was ordered in early August and I have no concerns whatsoever that my order is legitimate and it is sitting as Unscheduled Material Hold also and suggest that your order is legitimate and fine as well.

As mentioned above if you have a VOC then verify your order with FP and as @Tomster said you need to trust the system as Ford always works at their own pace especially when it comes to high demand Mustangs such as these GT500's.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
My experience with respect to ordering a Limited Production Mustang over the last ~20 years has been this.

Ford Performance always has had an allocation committee for any LP Mustang and that is certainly again the case again with the GT500/R.

If we use the 2007 to 2014 GT500 program or the 2012 and 2013 Boss 302 program or even the recent GT350/R programs it is very evident that the allocation committee in Dearborn would initially allocate a certain number cars to all of the U.S. and Canadian dealerships after which time they would subsequently allocate additional vehicle allocations throughout the rest of the model year.

It was Ford's initial intent to build ~3750 GT500's and ~1250 GT500 CFTP cars for the 2020 model but with the recent delays/problems with the launch of the new GT500 I am not sure that they will reach those production numbers for this MY.

Having said that no one can convince me that the allocation committee for this new Halo Mustang have already allocated all ~5000 units for this model year and just as they did back in 2006 for the GT500 back and then back in 2011 for the 2012 Boss 302 allocations will continue to appear for the 2020 GT500/R vehicle during the 2020 calendar year with no one knowing when they will be coming except for the small group of individuals in Dearborn.

I recall lusting after a 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca and saw that program in its entirety with allocations coming out at all different times of the year and keep in mind if Ford reaches its goal of producing ~1250 CFTP 2 seat cars that will be almost double the production of the 2012 Boss 302 LS 2 seat cars therefore I suggest that anyone interested in a 2 seat CFTP car to not give up hope on getting an allocation.

As far dealerships lying all the time about an allocation, I agree that some dealerships will do this but based on living in S.C. for ~20 years and getting to know many Ford dealerships very well over there I found all of the dealerships in that State that I dealt with to be very honest with me.

Bottom line is find an open allocation and get an order submitted then get a VOC and confirm the order with FP after which time you should be good to go and don't be surprised to possibly see a new batch of allocations to be awarded during the first half of 2020.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dealerships lying all the time? Who said that? Some do, but that's a given based upon numerous stories pertaining to allocations that command large ADMs. My comment was all about doing your due diligence and apply some common sense.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
The VIN is issued shortly after the car has been labeled Unscheduled/Clean and that time your status will be changed to "In order Processing/Scheduled to Week/Day". Next step is "In Production/Sent to Plant" at which time you will have access to your Window Sticker, this is when your VIN is sent to the plant for scheduling.
Sponsored