Sponsored

Active exhaust retrofit without the actuators

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Might sound odd, but I would like to replace my non-active mufflers with the active ones but not necessarily keep the whole active valve operational. I don't care for the quiet/normal/sport/track options, I just want the loud.

And yes, with a resonator delete the non-active mufflers are loud, but they sound like poop at WOT, very tingy and raspy. I have heard the active mufflers in track mode and they sound glorious especially with an h pipe.

I know the mufflers themselves are a direct swap, but is there a way to remove the actuators and lock out the valve in the open position all the time?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
This guy put gt350 active mufflers on and set them up to work with a DPDT switch

I would think its possible with the 5.0 active too but idk about the specifics on how to do this, I just had seen this video and thought it seems like a great solution.

OP
OP
EFI

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This guy put gt350 active mufflers on and set them up to work with a DPDT switch

I would think its possible with the 5.0 active too but idk about the specifics on how to do this, I just had seen this video and thought it seems like a great solution.
I think I saw that, or maybe another similar thread, where the guy does a separate wiring to utilize the valve functionally. But I don't need all that, I basically want to lock the valve in one position and leave it there 100% of the time

Siege

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible PP1, 2003 Marauder Trilogy S/C #250, 1992 Mustang 5.0 Notch
I'm sure you could use some wire to hold the valves open at the top where the actuators go.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I believe the valves will default to the wide open position as long as they do not receive an electronic command to do otherwise. So you may not need to do anything about it.

Wernerj18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I believe the valves will default to the wide open position as long as they do not receive an electronic command to do otherwise. So you may not need to do anything about it.
They don't default anywhere. If you open them it's possible it might close on you. I ran without actuators for awhile and if I got into the high rpms it would shut the drivers side on my every time.

Leaving the actuators on will keep it open tho
Sponsored