Sponsored

Corsa xtreme active exhaust Sounds like actuators are rattling

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
any one else with this issue. When I hit the throttle it sounds to me like the actuators are rattling. It really sounds crappy. It didn’t do this at first with install so I’m wondering if there’s a way to fix the issue. Happens way more in track than quiet mode. While idle there’s no rattle. Most likely going to have to bring it in to be looked at.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
Yes, there have been a few members (myself included) having the same issue. Some have reached out to Corsa and gotten replacement tips/valves, but I'm not sure if that has rectified their issues 100%. I contacted Corsa and they were very nice, but they made it seem like it was the first time they heard of the issue. I haven't had time to follow up with it, but I'm hoping to soon. I have noticed the rattling is not noticeable in track mode.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/corsa-extreme-w-active.123562/

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/corsa-active-exhaust-19gt.122652/

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Yeah there is a few members having that issue. One I believe got a 'fix' for it but it still occurred, as stated above.

This issue and the fact the Corsa extreme is a bit raspy in tone high in the RPMs are the reasons I went with the Borla ATAK

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah there is a few members having that issue. One I believe got a 'fix' for it but it still occurred, as stated above.

This issue and the fact the Corsa extreme is a bit raspy in tone high in the RPMs are the reasons I went with the Borla ATAK
It would be good if I could see what was done to fix the issue. Because reality is there’s clearly a warranty on the exhaust. But I disagree with you on the Corsa not being good. It’s a great exhaust and on the dyno gave me almost 20hp more than I had already with a tune. Not many after market exhausts are 3in pipes. The xtreme with out the actuators probably has zero issues. But overall I like the sound and the exhaust is overall great. I just need to get this issue looked at. Bringing it in in a few days.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
It would be good if I could see what was done to fix the issue. Because reality is there’s clearly a warranty on the exhaust. But I disagree with you on the Corsa not being good. It’s a great exhaust and on the dyno gave me almost 20hp more than I had already with a tune. Not many after market exhausts are 3in pipes. The xtreme with out the actuators probably has zero issues. But overall I like the sound and the exhaust is overall great. I just need to get this issue looked at. Bringing it in in a few days.
Yeah the Borla has the same proven whp numbers and 3" pipes, there's a few others too. I also wasn't saying they were bad, just stating that there were multiple reports from customers with active exhausts having this issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the Borla has the same proven whp numbers and 3" pipes, there's a few others too. I also wasn't saying they were bad, just stating that there were multiple reports from customers with active exhausts having this issue.
I’ll be honest I really wish I could find some because it seems like even google isn’t bringing the issue up.

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2017 mustang gt
I had the rattle issue with the Corsa active exhaust. Matt from Corsa sent me new valves and the obnoxious rattle went away. It still has a rattle when cold started after sitting a few days, but goes away quickly. I do have catted longtubes so i don't know if that contributes to the cold start concern. When driving in any mode there is no longer a rattle noise. I only hope the valves last and it is not a continuous problem. The quality of this exhaust is top notch and Corsa has been very helpful in getting it fixed.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the rattle issue with the Corsa active exhaust. Matt from Corsa sent me new valves and the obnoxious rattle went away. It still has a rattle when cold started after sitting a few days, but goes away quickly. I do have catted longtubes so i don't know if that contributes to the cold start concern. When driving in any mode there is no longer a rattle noise. I only hope the valves last and it is not a continuous problem. The quality of this exhaust is top notch and Corsa has been very helpful in getting it fixed.
Thanks. Good to know. I’ll call on Monday and speak to them about it.

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

I may have been that member, the fix was having new tips sent out and having my old ones sent back for R/D purposes. It didn’t fix anything and I still never use regular or sport mode due to rattling.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may have been that member, the fix was having new tips sent out and having my old ones sent back for R/D purposes. It didn’t fix anything and I still never use regular or sport mode due to rattling.
I spoke to technical assistance at Corsa. They believe it’s the valves as one of the members on here said. I will be getting it checked sending them a video of the issue along with the warranty form filled out and new valves should be getting sent out to me. No big deal. Just a little bit of a hassle. Nothing crazy. I’ll check when I install the short shifter and it’s on the lift.

Sponsored

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
When i checked mine they felt/seemed fine while they were installed on the car with the actuator motors bolted on. Once i removed them and took the actuators off it was very clear the butterflies and or shafts had alot of play compared to the new warranty replacements. Hope this helps

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When i checked mine they felt/seemed fine while they were installed on the car with the actuator motors bolted on. Once i removed them and took the actuators off it was very clear the butterflies and or shafts had alot of play compared to the new warranty replacements. Hope this helps
Yeah it helps to know that but realistically I have to send them a video of it making noise. It’s a pain in the a$$. But whatever. Needs to be done.

91gt331sc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I dealt with Matt Goldun there and did not have to send a video. The problem is Ford's active system is truly active and also works with throttle input, so if the valves are in quiet (closed) position and you firmly roll into the throttle or go wot they open accordingly. It works this way in quiet, normal and sport modes. My original valves rattled all the time. The new valves still make noise at cold start and also when the valves are opening under throttle. It is much better now and is manageable with throttle manipulation, but I'm a perfectionist and do not like the tone. The 18-19 mustangs already make enough weird noises on their own, my $ 2000 exhaust shouldn't be another one.

Heartlessssss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I spoke to technical assistance at Corsa. They believe it’s the valves as one of the members on here said. I will be getting it checked sending them a video of the issue along with the warranty form filled out and new valves should be getting sent out to me. No big deal. Just a little bit of a hassle. Nothing crazy. I’ll check when I install the short shifter and it’s on the lift.
Yeah I am aware of why they rattle. What I’m saying is new valves don’t fix the issue. It seems to be an issue across all of the valves corsa has

I dealt with Matt Goldun there and did not have to send a video. The problem is Ford's active system is truly active and also works with throttle input, so if the valves are in quiet (closed) position and you firmly roll into the throttle or go wot they open accordingly. It works this way in quiet, normal and sport modes. My original valves rattled all the time. The new valves still make noise at cold start and also when the valves are opening under throttle. It is much better now and is manageable with throttle manipulation, but I'm a perfectionist and do not like the tone. The 18-19 mustangs already make enough weird noises on their own, my $ 2000 exhaust shouldn't be another one.
The stock exhaust was nowhere near as much of a rattle can that is the corsa tips. It’s embarrassing to have the car in anything but track

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I m dealing with the same person and he asked for a video.
Sponsored