armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Mine does this as well. Drag mode, track mode, sport mode etc. I also have 3.55s so it shouldn't need to shift early. I'm sure PBD will sort that out with my tune.
Sponsored

OP
OP

U00mem9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Let me know if the tune sorts it out.

I’m currently trying to decide between the MT and The new 10AT. They really fubar’d the ratios in the manual for 18+, and the engine will drop below 5700 with each shift, which is outside the power plateau that exists from 5700-7500 (based on the dyno results I have seen). On the other hand, the 10AT ratios are glorious IF the engine holds to redline in each gear. If it can’t, because of some high rpm limitations, then it’s in nearly the same boat as the MT. I’m hoping a tune can resolve the early 6th shift without causing a problem with the transmission. Is there high risk of warranty denial related to altering these shift speeds?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled

I’m currently trying to decide between the MT and The new 10AT. They really fubar’d the ratios in the manual for 18+, and the engine will drop below 5700 with each shift, which is outside the power plateau that exists from 5700-7500 (based on the dyno results I have seen). On the other hand, the 10AT ratios are glorious IF the engine holds to redline in each gear. If it can’t, because of some high rpm limitations, then it’s in nearly the same boat as the MT. I’m hoping a tune can resolve the early 6th shift without causing a problem with the transmission. Is there high risk of warranty denial related to altering these shift speeds?
Its really a non issue with a stock car since they dont trap above 125 anyway in the 1/4 mile and it only affects 6th at 125 and thats with the 3.55s. Im getting a tune anyway, if youre going to be trapping 125+ your going to have a tune anyway too. And you only notice it when paddle shifting.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium

I think the new manual ratios are better. I had a 15 GTPP, FBO with a gt350 and I hated the ratios. 3.55s would have been ideal. To me. For a stock car, the setup was OK.

There's always a risk with voiding your warrant and tuning the car. But they have to prove the tune caused the problem and or the aftermarket parts. I don't regret trading my manual 15 for an auto 18. This transmission is badass.

OP
OP

U00mem9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Road course rather than 1/4 is the concern. Bogging the thing at 5200 going into 4th at 105-110mph (depending on tire) with the MT and 3.73 is no bueno.

I already know of one owner reverting to the previous gen MT-82 gear ratios because of the gaps. Documented loss of speed on straights. I’m just looking at those AT ratios and 1200rpm gaps and lusting for them.

Sponsored

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Road course rather than 1/4 is the concern. Bogging the thing at 5200 going into 4th at 105-110mph (depending on tire) with the MT and 3.73 is no bueno.

I already know of one owner reverting to the previous gen MT-82 gear ratios because of the gaps. Documented loss of speed on straights. I’m just looking at those AT ratios and 1200rpm gaps and lusting for them.
Gotcha. Yea, that's too much. That's one thing I liked about having the gt350 mani on my previous car. I could rev to 8100ish, but normal shifting was around 7700 and stayed well in the power band. With the stock mani, the car was unimpressive and always felt slow to me.

The A10 ratios are certainly closer, but it's kinda finicky when down shifting past 3rd. That's when driving aggressive and hard braking. It'll keep the engine at peak power until you slow down enough to hit 3rd. But I haven't fully tested it. Plus I never really use "track mode", just sport, sport+ and drag mode. Cooling may also be a concern. But that should be able to be corrected, considering the ZL1 has much more power and runs and equivalent transmission.

I really want to bring this car to NOLA motorsports. This mag ride makes the car so much more solid. Without the extra road noise of bushing upgrades and other suspension parts.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
A little update, I'm not sure what's going on anymore, One of the guys I work with bought a new SRT Challenger so we went playing down by the Mexican border Sunday and autoshifting in sport mode it definitely shifted into 7th and 8th at 7500, the 8th gear upshift was freaking hard, I thought something broke but it kept pulling to 170.

I doubt this tranny is going to like shifting up there in the OD's with any boost.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
The OD's are really weak in the 10r80. That's why ford commands it to shift early.

Just get a tune if you're that worried about it. Mine shifts at 8k now

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its really a non issue with a stock car since they dont trap above 125 anyway in the 1/4 mile and it only affects 6th at 125 and thats with the 3.55s. Im getting a tune anyway, if youre going to be trapping 125+ your going to have a tune anyway too. And you only notice it when paddle shifting.
I have a 19 A10 car with 3.55 gears and an E-Charger. In sport mode, the car shifting itself... it shuts down at 120-121mph BEFORE the shift at 6,600 rpm. It falls on it's face and THEN shifts to 7th. I honestly thought 7th was an over drive until I researched it and seen that 7th was 1:1. It felt just like my 94 AODE car going into OD at WOT (something I try not to ever do after burning up the band a few times). I have the Edelbrock Warranty tune in the car and can't retune it without tossing the warranty. I've asked them if there is anything I can do about it and retain the warranty. Until then, do you any of you know if I can use the paddles to "short shift" the car at 119mph into 7th before I cross the finish line? I just sorted out some bad belt slip issues and would love to see what the car will do now.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I have a 19 A10 car with 3.55 gears and an E-Charger. In sport mode, the car shifting itself... it shuts down at 120-121mph BEFORE the shift at 6,600 rpm. It falls on it's face and THEN shifts to 7th. I honestly thought 7th was an over drive until I researched it and seen that 7th was 1:1. It felt just like my 94 AODE car going into OD at WOT (something I try not to ever do after burning up the band a few times). I have the Edelbrock Warranty tune in the car and can't retune it without tossing the warranty. I've asked them if there is anything I can do about it and retain the warranty. Until then, do you any of you know if I can use the paddles to "short shift" the car at 119mph into 7th before I cross the finish line? I just sorted out some bad belt slip issues and would love to see what the car will do now.
Do you have T/C and advanced track fully disabled? My car only being N/A would do this if I don't have advanced track disabled.

Sponsored

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have T/C and advanced track fully disabled? My car only being N/A would do this if I don't have advanced track disabled.
Yes. Advance Track Off.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My 2018 A10 revs to 73- 7400 in 6th.....same as the other gears. In this picture, I am at 7000 in 6th. I doesn't shift to 7th until 127 mph.
finish line 3.JPG

100mphclub

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 1994 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 A10 revs to 73- 7400 in 6th.....same as the other gears. In this picture, I am at 7000 in 6th. I doesn't shift to 7th until 127 mph.
finish line 3.JPG
Irony is the 120mph. That's where mine shuts down. 120-121 I've had it wait until 123 once at the track and once on the dyno. What gears and tune are you running?
Sponsored