Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Yeah i have also watched a few reviews on the GR86 and BRZ and M2/240i, reviews are all pretty good on them, have you ever driven a GR86? i never have but if one shows up around my area i might test drive one. the engine on them kinda worries me though, not a lot of power and that boxer design and the RTV issues some had. it does weigh about 1000 pounds less than a GT though, & like how analog it is, no ipad screens
im not a huge fan of the engine but they look amazing and for 30K its a lot of car.
the price of the mustang has just outstripped its quality and my local ford dealer is completely unable to keep up with the demand for warranty service.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah i have also watched a few reviews on the GR86 and BRZ and M2/240i, reviews are all pretty good on them, have you ever driven a GR86? i never have but if one shows up around my area i might test drive one. the engine on them kinda worries me though, not a lot of power and that boxer design and the RTV issues some had. it does weigh about 1000 pounds less than a GT though, & like how analog it is, no ipad screens
My brother in law has a GR86. It’s a cool little car, although not my cup of tea personally.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you think the Gr86 doesn't have rattles and problems off the showroom floor, I got a nice bridge for a great price for you.
I will admit it is what the foxbody was in the 80's early 90's. fun ,somewhat underpowered, car. with head gasket problems from day one.
They lose oil pressure on right hand turns on the track too supposedly (the new ones anyway). There’s a few high profile cases out there where Toyota initially refused to warranty the engines after they blew on track. I believe they’ve since been covered but they tout the car as track ready (there some argument also that Toyota encourages track use in some of its marketing materials too)

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
They lose oil pressure on right hand turns on the track too supposedly (the new ones anyway). There’s a few high profile cases out there where Toyota initially refused to warranty the engines after they blew on track. I believe they’ve since been covered but they tout the car as track ready (there some argument also that Toyota encourages track use in some of its marketing materials too)
it really is a shame when you get a brand new car and it just doesn't do the stuff its supposed to reliably.

Mark23GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT 10 Speed Grabber Blue
My brother in law has a GR86. It’s a cool little car, although not my cup of tea personally.
yeah the engine would take adjusting to, how it sounds and everything and it is quite a bit smaller car than mustang also, testers should do like them on reviews though.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
it really is a shame when you get a brand new car and it just doesn't do the stuff its supposed to reliably.
Agreed. My brother in law really wants to take his to Road America but is leery of the engine issues.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
yeah the engine would take adjusting to, how it sounds and everything and it is quite a bit smaller car than mustang also, testers should do like them on reviews though.
Yeah I’ve done the 4 and 6 cylinder thing but my heart is with the V8. It does scoot pretty good though. He has a Borla exhaust on it, I have to give him grief sometimes. It sounds like the morning after Taco Bell night 😂. But he likes it and it’s not stupid loud. I’ve definitely heard worse

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I just saw (didn't drive) the 24 GT in person for the first time today on my local Ford lot. They had a vapor blue one and a yellow one. Both were premium trim performance pack cars. I think they are good looking cars but msrp was over 58K. That is 8K more than my loaded with options 21 GT C/S was msrp and I didn't pay sticker price for it. In a nut shell, I just don't see 10K more car there than our S550's. I happily drove back home in my 21 S550.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I just saw (didn't drive) the 24 GT in person for the first time today on my local Ford lot. They had a vapor blue one and a yellow one. Both were premium trim performance pack cars. I think they are good looking cars but msrp was over 58K. That is 8K more than my loaded with options 21 GT C/S was msrp and I didn't pay sticker price for it. In a nut shell, I just don't see 10K more car there than our S550's. I happily drove back home in my 21 S550.

I think a lot of us who bought in 2020 or 2021 are feeling this due to inflation. My car originally was a base 300A car with PP1 and Rapid Red. The car stickered for $41K, the same car is over $50K. The only saving grace is that the used car prices for the S550 remain elevated.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
GR86/BRZ are gutless, going from a Mustang it will make you pull your hair out during acceleration. Plus the sound.....

M2 nice car, nice interior, fast but also sound like ass and the exterior looks ugly to me.

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
:giggle: What a pile of junk.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
how's the body panel fitment and wheel hop? oh and does it cost 50K?

these are important factors.
The s550 mustang is a 27k car. Does not matter if you option it up to 50 k it is still a 27k car. The quality is based off it being a cheap car platform, they all come off the same line from the same workers and tooling. Those that are able to use logic and reason understand this . Should it be better when the gt is a lot more , sure but they don't have to, buyers still line up for them and doing so would up the base price alot, killing sales and killing off the car .

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The gr86 has a lot of issues and why I thought it comical for the post comparing one to a mustang . As if the Toyota was better screwed together . Bawahahaha

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The s550 mustang is a 27k car. Does not matter if you option it up to 50 k it is still a 27k car. The quality is based off it being a cheap car platform, they all come off the same line from the same workers and tooling. Those that are able to use logic and reason understand this . Should it be better when the gt is a lot more , sure but they don't have to, buyers still line up for them and doing so would up the base price alot, killing sales and killing off the car .

fair point and exactly why i didn't pay more than mid 40's for mine out the door.
i almost got a hpp because at least at that price point (like 10K under a GT PP) the quality and price point were close.

i genuinely think i'd have been totes happy with one of those if push came to shove. they're neat.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
the newest Jetta has this with the higher trim level and it is beyond cool. Lots of configuration options …. The coolest new car tech I’ve seen in a while.
My daughter has a Jetta SEL Premium with the digital dash and center stack. Pretty slick, straight out the Audi's. It looks like it belongs, just as the s550's are great with the digital cluster. The s650 with those 2 dumbass screens looks like a high school kid designed it. While Ford may be targeting a younger audience, they unfortunately can't afford one LOL.
Sponsored