RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
No? Really? Are we not supposed to drool on command over the latest and greatest iteration of every product released?
Some do, they wait in line to be the first to have it, whatever it might be. Others like what they like, and don't need to fall in line.
Ford wants younger buyers, And it is a smart move as most new Mustang buyers are 50 + or fleet buyers. At the same time the solid fan base wants what they are used to, and are buying a throwback to the muscle car days, if they wanted a Tesla, they buy a plaid .
My s550 has a digital dash but it looks like it belongs in the car. The '24 interior is trying to be something it is not.
I do wish all the oems now that most vehicles gauge cluster is a screen would put the nav map when in use where the gauge cluster would be, so no need to look at the dash center just above knee height. and normal gauge look when the nav not in use.
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I do wish all the oems now that most vehicles gauge cluster is a screen would put the nav map when in use where the gauge cluster would be, so no need to look at the dash center just above knee height. and normal gauge look when the nav not in use.
Mercedes of the past 5 years do that, except I've never been able to get the hang of their terrible navigation system.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Mercedes of the past 5 years do that, except I've never been able to get the hang of their terrible navigation system.
Nav systems are pointless in a vehicle that is in the shop more than in the owners driveway/garage. just say'n

DrZed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 M6
Some do, they wait in line to be the first to have it, whatever it might be. Others like what they like, and don't need to fall in line.
Ford wants younger buyers, And it is a smart move as most new Mustang buyers are 50 + or fleet buyers. At the same time the solid fan base wants what they are used to, and are buying a throwback to the muscle car days, if they wanted a Tesla, they buy a plaid .
My s550 has a digital dash but it looks like it belongs in the car. The '24 interior is trying to be something it is not.
the newest Jetta has this with the higher trim level and it is beyond cool. Lots of configuration options …. The coolest new car tech I’ve seen in a while.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
the newest Jetta has this with the higher trim level and it is beyond cool. Lots of configuration options …. The coolest new car tech I’ve seen in a while.
My s550 has just the direction of next move left/right/etc on cluster but only on some screen settings, normal it is there, but have not tried it in sport, or snow/wet, I doubt it is there in track modes lol.

Sponsored

Sdsaathoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT350, GT350R HEP, GT500 HE CFTP, 23 Raptor R
I’ll be honest. I had a Black 2014 GT500 fully loaded with the glass roof. I got rid of it when I had a chance to get my 2015 GT350. I was sad when I someone else drive it away from me, but the GT350 had a lot nicer ride. I since bought a 2020 GT350R Heritage and 2022 GT500 Heritage.

As awesome as those three S550’s are, it still haunts me that I don’t have the 2014 GT500. As brutal and antiquated as it felt side by side with the S550, I still miss a LOT about it…

I imagine it would be worse with a S650. I checked out a Dark Horse at my local dealer and the screens were information overload. I’m a tech guy and even I was like, what the hell is all of this? There’s so much going on its borderline distracting.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
also, the S650 doesn't have this... Analog gauges are cool especially when they have GROUNDSPEED for the speedometer and REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE like in old airplanes.
the s550 has a real aerospace muscle car retro vibe to the interior... the 650 is like a playstation.
1696342178857.jpeg

i mean look at this. everything in a good place, easily accessible, and its beautiful.

1696342756384.jpeg

Last edited:

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
As the S550 platform ages, all you folks will jump into the S650 as it matures into a new badass.
Only if Ford makes some significant upgrades to make it worthwhile.
Or maybe a 2026 retro Bullitt that brings back real gauges, dials, buttons, and toggle switches along with some real performance or handling boost vs. S550.

The S650 is a great car, other than the ipads, but not really better than S550 right now.
If the S550 didn't exist, I would buy a S650. But it does, so I bought that when I had the chance.

Sponsored

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
also, the S650 doesn't have this... Analog gauges are cool especially when they have GROUNDSPEED for the speedometer and REVOLUTIONS PER MINUTE like in old airplanes.
the s550 has a real aerospace muscle car retro vibe to the interior... the 650 is like a playstation.
1696342178857.jpeg

i mean look at this. everything in a good place, easily accessible, and its beautiful.

1696342756384.jpeg
110% THIS. Why I got 400A build.

br_an

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bran
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2020 Ford F150
As the S550 platform ages, all you folks will jump into the S650 as it matures into a new badass.
The S650-hate is pretty ridiculous. Just like the S197 fanboys, the “S550 is peak Mustang” crowd will hold onto their misguided opinions until they wise up or die off.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
There's almost no difference between them. Giving the 2024 car a new platform moniker is a lie, pure and simple. It's virtually the same car.

There's nothing the S650 has or does, that the S550 doesn't already do, or the aftermarket can't make it do. Other than those retarded screens.

OP
OP
Oakley

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
The S650-hate is pretty ridiculous. Just like the S197 fanboys, the “S550 is peak Mustang” crowd will hold onto their misguided opinions until they wise up or die off.
lets do the math:

s550 is a completely different chassis and direction than the s197
s650 is the same chassis with different body panels and interior than the s550

the S650 is refried beans with an ipad slapped on top. it trades clean designs for novelties and i bet dollars to donuts it suffers all of the quality issues the 550 cars have. most of the new things on it are just things we haters don't like and the stuff we do like already exists in the 550.

they didn't build the 650 because the 550 wasn't good enough, they did it because a new skin gives a sales bump. ford always does this when sales numbers drop. it builds hype cheaper than a whole new car.

there is PLENTY to hate about these things from grand theft auto quality taillights to camaro styling and hipster gimmicks on the interior.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
lets do the math:

s550 is a completely different chassis and direction than the s197
s650 is the same chassis with different body panels and interior than the s550

the S650 is refried beans with an ipad slapped on top. it trades clean designs for novelties and i bet dollars to donuts it suffers all of the quality issues the 550 cars have.
And with a MASSIVE price increase.
Sponsored