Sponsored

HORRIBLE experience at dealership

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
there is a video over in the GT350 section someone bragging about breaking in their new GT350 by doing donuts in the parking lot. Even posted video, with smoke clouds coming off the tires. He is also an owner of a Hellcat, so he's probably has a fat wallet. Or used to. I asked he could post his cylinder head temps while doing that but it got no response.

in any case, a smart used car buyer can still get a good deal, if they know how to shop, check for accident damage / paint respray, put the car on a lift for inspection, etc. Some internals will remain an unknown but that can be accounted for by getting a good price on the used car.
of course thats true... but with perf cars... its always a gamble...
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
of course thats true... but with perf cars... its always a gamble...
perf cars and trucks with evidence of towing stuff

as for a Mustang, I am not sure how to shop a used one. But if you could get a solid 7-10k off of new, that would buy a lot of repair / upgrades, even a Whipple.

Doing donuts / line lock on a hot summer day seems like it would be hardest on the engine, because its maximum heat, minimum cooling. I would be curious to know what the numbers are, whether cylinder head temps climb above 220F

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
So 11/21/15 I buy a used 15 GT PP. I should have known it wasn't gonna be a good experience when I asked to see the car the salesman took me to a 14 v6. I said no this is a red çar with black wheels. He replies we have a lot of performance package cars, We have challengers and chargers. The mustang was advertised as a GT premium and it was nowhere near a premium. I then explain to him about the package on the mustang. Anyways we find the var and I end up buying under the condition that they fix a couple things. The major things were a damaged front valance, damaged headlight and a dent and scratches on the hood. So getting the headlight and valance become a 3 week ordeal with them. At onepoint the used car manager told me he wasnt putting the $900 dollars for the new headlight, and to give him time to buy another used mustang and we could swap the headlight. I couldn't believe they are actually gonna try to screw someone else. Anyways they did order a new light and valance, on 12/16/15 it shows up. On 12/17 I show up at the dealership at 8 am. They take the car back. Around noon I see the tech leaving for lunch that was working on my car, so I go to service desk and ask how much longer. I am then informed they ordered the wrong front valance and the headlight was in but they had to put everything back together. This goes on until around 3 pm. Get the car back and do my walk around, everything looks good. Drive about 30 miles to a UPS store to pick up a package. On the way back from the store I notice a gap between bumper and fender. So I go to check it out and notice they have broken the tabs on the bumper and tried to GLUE the bumper back on. WTF. Start looking more in depth and they have put the valance back on about halfway. About 6 of 7 of the plastic push pins and fasteners are missing. At this point I am pissed. Call and speak with the service manager and he tells !e to take it to a local body shop and they will take care of it. So I go there and they say they can either take it off and reglue it or put on a new bumper. I ask what the delarship said and he replies they said whatever you want. I tell him I want a new bumper. He says OK. 12/18/15 I get a call from service manager saying all they are gonna do is reglue bumper. I refuse this and tell him I want to start the arbitration process. He gets totally pissed and hangs up on me. So I file a report with the BBB and sent the dealer a certified letter per the arbitration agreement. Now we see where it goes from here. This is the absolute worst :mad: Ford dealership I have ever seen. I have owned 6 mustangs and this by far the worst experience.
First off, man, space out your sentences. Hard to read this.

Secondly, why would you buy a car like this with so many red flags? :headbonk: They don't even know the difference between a 14 v6 and a 15 GT. I hope you can still sell it back.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
First off, man, space out your sentences. Hard to read this.

Secondly, why would you buy a car like this with so many red flags? :headbonk: They don't even know the difference between a 14 v6 and a 15 GT. I hope you can still sell it back.
From my shopping experience, most salesman are not enthusiasts. They are just there to draw salary and pay the mortgage.

As for the OP, he already pulled the trigger, so he might as well enjoy the car, and hope for the best. Parts, even whole transmissions are relatively cheap on the Mustang, so that helps.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
Don't EVER buy without work being done first. People always have to fight over it and its always shoddy work. I don't know why people still fall for this. There are a MILLION used cars in every flavor, why get stuck with one that has so many loose ends?

good luck OP

Sponsored

Lsstefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Idk how US works, but it's common sense to repair the damage on the car when we signed the papers of purchase with the condition of you repairing that fkin damage. I give you the money and then you say you don't want to repair it?
They(the sole.importer in the country) brought mine in with a scratched bumper and a dented intercooler. I was lucky my dealer made a huge case out of this and contacted the manager. They litteraly ignored my complaints.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Don't EVER buy without work being done first. People always have to fight over it and its always shoddy work. I don't know why people still fall for this. There are a MILLION used cars in every flavor, why get stuck with one that has so many loose ends?

good luck OP
This advice is worth millions, I purchased a truck along time ago and had a list of things the dealer agreed to fix, I was happy and he was happy. These were mostly trim related, loose interior parts, I was happy when they called and said all was fixed then not so happy when I picked it up and the trim had been secured with black drywall screws. Had I agreed to purchase post repairs I doubt it would have been the same outcome.

To the OP, good job being persistent and if you find yourself in this situation again I would suggest making the repairs a prerequisit of the deal, again this is only my opinion, agree or disagree, I only know I've made a million mistakes and I try and take note and not repeat them.

jpilone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Glad you got it all worked out and that the dealer did the right thing! That could have been much worse!!

OP
OP
15 comp orange PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Its all good and I am enjoying the car. I am waiting on the new bumper to be delivered to the body shop. Have to contact them tomorrow. I will say I figured out why the air conditioning wasn't working. Yesterday I was adjusting the headlight they installed as it was pointing at the ground. The top bolt on it was loose. But back to the ac there was some type of connection left unplugged. It was right next to the passenger side headlight. Plugged it back up and now my ac is working again. I am over this dealer and once the bodywork is done I will never deal with them again. I am happy with the car. And it will be well taken care of as long as I have it.
Sponsored