Sponsored

HORRIBLE experience at dealership

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So 11/21/15 I buy a used 15 GT PP. I should have known it wasn't gonna be a good experience when I asked to see the car the salesman took me to a 14 v6. I said no this is a red çar with black wheels. He replies we have a lot of performance package cars, We have challengers and chargers. The mustang was advertised as a GT premium and it was nowhere near a premium. I then explain to him about the package on the mustang. Anyways we find the var and I end up buying under the condition that they fix a couple things. The major things were a damaged front valance, damaged headlight and a dent and scratches on the hood. So getting the headlight and valance become a 3 week ordeal with them. At onepoint the used car manager told me he wasnt putting the $900 dollars for the new headlight, and to give him time to buy another used mustang and we could swap the headlight. I couldn't believe they are actually gonna try to screw someone else. Anyways they did order a new light and valance, on 12/16/15 it shows up. On 12/17 I show up at the dealership at 8 am. They take the car back. Around noon I see the tech leaving for lunch that was working on my car, so I go to service desk and ask how much longer. I am then informed they ordered the wrong front valance and the headlight was in but they had to put everything back together. This goes on until around 3 pm. Get the car back and do my walk around, everything looks good. Drive about 30 miles to a UPS store to pick up a package. On the way back from the store I notice a gap between bumper and fender. So I go to check it out and notice they have broken the tabs on the bumper and tried to GLUE the bumper back on. WTF. Start looking more in depth and they have put the valance back on about halfway. About 6 of 7 of the plastic push pins and fasteners are missing. At this point I am pissed. Call and speak with the service manager and he tells !e to take it to a local body shop and they will take care of it. So I go there and they say they can either take it off and reglue it or put on a new bumper. I ask what the delarship said and he replies they said whatever you want. I tell him I want a new bumper. He says OK. 12/18/15 I get a call from service manager saying all they are gonna do is reglue bumper. I refuse this and tell him I want to start the arbitration process. He gets totally pissed and hangs up on me. So I file a report with the BBB and sent the dealer a certified letter per the arbitration agreement. Now we see where it goes from here. This is the absolute worst :mad: Ford dealership I have ever seen. I have owned 6 mustangs and this by far the worst experience.
Sponsored

slcoddity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So where is the dealer's name?

So 11/21/15 I buy a used 15 GT PP. I should have known it wasn't gonna be a good experience when I asked to see the car the salesman took me to a 14 v6. I said no this is a red çar with black wheels. He replies we have a lot of performance package cars, We have challengers and chargers. The mustang was advertised as a GT premium and it was nowhere near a premium. I then explain to him about the package on the mustang. Anyways we find the var and I end up buying under the condition that they fix a couple things. The major things were a damaged front valance, damaged headlight and a dent and scratches on the hood. So getting the headlight and valance become a 3 week ordeal with them. At onepoint the used car manager told me he wasnt putting the $900 dollars for the new headlight, and to give him time to buy another used mustang and we could swap the headlight. I couldn't believe they are actually gonna try to screw someone else. Anyways they did order a new light and valance, on 12/16/15 it shows up. On 12/17 I show up at the dealership at 8 am. They take the car back. Around noon I see the tech leaving for lunch that was working on my car, so I go to service desk and ask how much longer. I am then informed they ordered the wrong front valance and the headlight was in but they had to put everything back together. This goes on until around 3 pm. Get the car back and do my walk around, everything looks good. Drive about 30 miles to a UPS store to pick up a package. On the way back from the store I notice a gap between bumper and fender. So I go to check it out and notice they have broken the tabs on the bumper and tried to GLUE the bumper back on. WTF. Start looking more in depth and they have put the valance back on about halfway. About 6 of 7 of the plastic push pins and fasteners are missing. At this point I am pissed. Call and speak with the service manager and he tells !e to take it to a local body shop and they will take care of it. So I go there and they say they can either take it off and reglue it or put on a new bumper. I ask what the delarship said and he replies they said whatever you want. I tell him I want a new bumper. He says OK. 12/18/15 I get a call from service manager saying all they are gonna do is reglue bumper. I refuse this and tell him I want to start the arbitration process. He gets totally pissed and hangs up on me. So I file a report with the BBB and sent the dealer a certified letter per the arbitration agreement. Now we see where it goes from here. This is the absolute worst :mad: Ford dealership I have ever seen. I have owned 6 mustangs and this by far the worst experience.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
sigh :headbonk:

I am not an expert at buying cars by any means but from my readings, you mostly don't want to buy a used car that needs anything done to it, or that you aren't willing to do yourself. Once you sign the papers, you lose your leverage, and are depending on the goodwill of the salesman / dealership. Filing BBB / arbitration might have a little potential, but its definitely from a position of weakness.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
sounds like more than a few red flags should have gone up. what was the price of the car that made you stick around as long as you did?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... I end up buying under the condition that they fix a couple things. The major things were a damaged front valance, damaged headlight and a dent and scratches on the hood. So getting the headlight and valance become a 3 week ordeal with them. At onepoint the used car manager told me he wasnt putting the $900 dollars for the new headlight, and to give him time to buy another used mustang and we could swap the headlight. ...
I am surprised they did this much

and notice they have broken the tabs on the bumper and tried to GLUE the bumper back on. WTF. Start looking more in depth and they have put the valance back on about halfway. About 6 of 7 of the plastic push pins and fasteners are missing. At this point I am pissed. Call and speak with the service manager and he tells !e to take it to a local body shop and they will take care of it. So I go there and they say they can either take it off and reglue it or put on a new bumper. I ask what the delarship said and he replies they said whatever you want. I tell him I want a new bumper. He says OK. 12/18/15 I get a call from service manager saying all they are gonna do is reglue bumper.
is the bumper salvageable?

I refuse this and tell him I want to start the arbitration process. He gets totally pissed and hangs up on me. So I file a report with the BBB and sent the dealer a certified letter per the arbitration agreement. Now we see where it goes from here. This is the absolute worst :mad: Ford dealership I have ever seen. I have owned 6 mustangs and this by far the worst experience.
played the BBB / arbitration card way too fast. They sounded like they putting in some effort to make you a happy customer. And in used car land, that's probably way more than average. Maybe you can apologize, and ask for a compromise, and come up with a solution that doesn't involve glue. Perhaps split 50/50 the cost of the paint & body shop to install a new bumper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
15 comp orange PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I have a signed " we owe" form with the stated work they agreed to do. And the bumper was broke in the process of them doing a repair they agreed to. Before they got their hands on the car the bumper was fine.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I have a signed " we owe" form with the stated work they agreed to do. And the bumper was broke in the process of them doing a repair they agreed to. Before they got their hands on the car the bumper was fine.
Better than nothing, but not ideal. They fix the car to my satisfaction, then I buy it. Not vice versa. As it is, they can easily dig in their heels and then you have a huge uphill battle to get them to do what's in the "we owe".

Reminds me of this:
blimpy.jpg

OP
OP
15 comp orange PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I am surprised they did this much

is the bumper salvageable?

played the BBB / arbitration card way too fast. They sounded like they putting in some effort to make you a happy customer. And in used car land, that's probably way more than average. Maybe you can apologize, and ask for a compromise, and come up with a solution that doesn't involve glue. Perhaps split 50/50 the cost of the paint & body shop to install a new bumper.
This has been a three week ordeal trying to get two parts. Have only got one part from them so far. Now its been a month. And why would I split the cost with them when I did no wrong. They broke the bumper, not me. The bumper was fine when I gave them the car.

OP
OP
15 comp orange PP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Better than nothing, but not ideal. They fix the car to my satisfaction, then I buy it. Not vice versa. As it is, they can easily dig in their heels and then you have a huge uphill battle to get them to do what's in the "we owe".

Reminds me of this:
Well let's start this fight. I have documentation and pictures.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Well let's start this fight. I have documentation and pictures.
I suppose something like this could be handled by a small claims court but that still seems like a hassle.

I just offered up the compromise idea because I am a bit lazy and would prefer to side-step a fight.

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Sorry man, that sucks...hope you get it resolved so you can concentrate on how awesome this car is!

saleen405

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
Hope they do the right thing. I would expect that kind of bs from one of those wholesale auto lots but not a Ford dealership. Either the dealership doesn't care about their reputation or you have a few employees that are bad for business. I would be contacting the owner of the dealership also. When all is done I would still warn others - somethings wrong there.

BlackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 triple black GT convertible
I suppose something like this could be handled by a small claims court but that still seems like a hassle.

I just offered up the compromise idea because I am a bit lazy and would prefer to side-step a fight.
This is why customer service and quality control has gone by the wayside. No one want to fight to hold people accountable for promises or commitments made. I am fortunate and have a great dealership to work with but not everyone is as lucky.

I say stick to your guns and hold them to their word. The BBB is a powerful resource. I have used it in the past with positive results.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Takes all the fun out of getting a "new to you" car! What a crappy way to do biz. Guess that's why they coined the term "used car salesman"
Wish you the best of luck. Can we still see some pics?
Sponsored