Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
They're saying I need to replace the compressor and recharge. $1400.
Sponsored

sfs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
They're saying I need to replace the compressor and recharge. $1400.
That's usually the first diagnosis, six months later when you come back with the same symptoms
they will inject dye into the compressor to find where its leaking. When you come back six months
later, they will tell you the evaporator core needs replacement. Cost $2500 because need to remove the entire dash to get to the core. Good luck! If you still have extended warrenty you will
be in good shape. I was 1 week out of warrenty and was out of luck.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That's usually the first diagnosis, six months later when you come back with the same symptoms
they will inject dye into the compressor to find where its leaking. When you come back six months
later, they will tell you the evaporator core needs replacement. Cost $2500 because need to remove the entire dash to get to the core. Good luck! If you still have extended warrenty you will
be in good shape. I was 1 week out of warrenty and was out of luck.
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/a-c-evaporator-factory-defect.62682/post-3287758

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Lol yes!! Just sold that pos today got no patients for unreliable ppl or vehicles ive had lots of new cars with way more abuse and mileage and none of them gave a. Issue as big as this, why is it big? Maybe cuz its hoy wer i live and the stupid dealers want 2k and have to wait for ever for them to even fix it, this might be ok for you but this is totally unacceptable and the mustang will die if ford doesnt do something about this, this was my first try at an american car and it will be the last more than likely
Before you leave I'm interested how you managed to sell a 2017 "POS" with a broken AC. Did the buyer not care in your "hot" location or did you cover it up like an unreliable person. Please enlighten us sad american car buyers.

Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Before you leave I'm interested how you managed to sell a 2017 "POS" with a broken AC. Did the buyer not care in your "hot" location or did you cover it up like an unreliable person. Please enlighten us sad american car buyers.
Sold advised of ac working intermitent and got 34k when i payed 37k out the door, lost 6k cuz i added steeda suspension…

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Going to buy a harley or vette.

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
am at 7k right now myself its a 2017, ac trippin hot on driver side and cold on passenger side barely use the stupid car. thinking about getting rid of it first American car I own and probably the last!
someone needs to chill a bit. I had the AC issue but it's still my favorite car i've owned. plenty of cars sold in the American market are made in America with global parts despite who the company is, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc. It's crappy that the evap went bad; from my understanding the chinese firm they sourced it from is at fault for it. It shouldn't happen, but modern economy of sourcing, things get by. But no other car manufacturer is perfect... Honda with the J30 V6 were known to have bad transmissions, several people going through rebuilts. Nissan Rogue with CVT failed me a few times. Toyota had recalls. STi's had issues. Sorry it happened to you but don't have to come across as a jerk condemning the S550 or their owners. Shiz happen dude. You sold the car, congrats. Happened to me and I was out of warranty, fixed it myself and still cruising.

Those of you who have had to replace the evap core - didn't you get the odd smell in the cabin from the leak?
No smell. I replaced with a FoMoCo core, any smell in cabin was that old moldy smell. Which can be handled easily. But no dead giraffe smell. Did you try a recharge to see if it holds or if it's a leak?

To update; my 2016 Ecoboost with 84,000 miles had the evaporator replaced last summer with a motorcraft core. I'm here in Texas, hot summers and so far running fine. Repair is holding up. reference to @Rod Schneider for the help and I posted my work on replacing it. Link
It's not insanely difficult of a DIY job with the right tools and weekend to spare. Again you can look to TYC, UAC and GPD if you don't want to use Motorcraft. It's only been a year but so far still holding well. My repair cost me only $130 for the core, found on a dealership ebay store. I have tools and do almost all DIY stuff at home, so not so bad. I only replaced the evap core as per TSB. The whole climate control unit be around $600-700. When I called for dealership quotes, they were quoting a whole replacement of the climate control, but even if they just done the TSB it was gonna be well into the $$$$ for the work. Just called my dad, by him some beer and a steak, and we did the work together. (you may want an extra hand to move the dash).

stay safe folks and stay frosty!

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
someone needs to chill a bit. I had the AC issue but it's still my favorite car i've owned. plenty of cars sold in the American market are made in America with global parts despite who the company is, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, etc. It's crappy that the evap went bad; from my understanding the chinese firm they sourced it from is at fault for it. It shouldn't happen, but modern economy of sourcing, things get by. But no other car manufacturer is perfect... Honda with the J30 V6 were known to have bad transmissions, several people going through rebuilts. Nissan Rogue with CVT failed me a few times. Toyota had recalls. STi's had issues. Sorry it happened to you but don't have to come across as a jerk condemning the S550 or their owners. Shiz happen dude. You sold the car, congrats. Happened to me and I was out of warranty, fixed it myself and still cruising.

No smell. I replaced with a FoMoCo core, any smell in cabin was that old moldy smell. Which can be handled easily. But no dead giraffe smell. Did you try a recharge to see if it holds or if it's a leak?

To update; my 2016 Ecoboost with 84,000 miles had the evaporator replaced last summer with a motorcraft core. I'm here in Texas, hot summers and so far running fine. Repair is holding up. reference to @Rod Schneider for the help and I posted my work on replacing it. Link
It's not insanely difficult of a DIY job with the right tools and weekend to spare. Again you can look to TYC, UAC and GPD if you don't want to use Motorcraft. It's only been a year but so far still holding well. My repair cost me only $130 for the core, found on a dealership ebay store. I have tools and do almost all DIY stuff at home, so not so bad. I only replaced the evap core as per TSB. The whole climate control unit be around $600-700. When I called for dealership quotes, they were quoting a whole replacement of the climate control, but even if they just done the TSB it was gonna be well into the $$$$ for the work. Just called my dad, by him some beer and a steak, and we did the work together. (you may want an extra hand to move the dash).

stay safe folks and stay frosty!
Good for you i on the other cannot tolerate pos cars that have a major fail at 7k when they have been babied. Many new jap cara never had an issue like that, maybe in 10 years ill
Give them another chance.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We generally have a new society that really can no longer tolerate any deviation from absolute perfection.
It really defies common sense when you apply thought though. Products are made by people and people aren’t perfect.
It stands to reason then that anything made by those humans will have some degree of imperfections both seen and unseen. To be completely intolerant of that is setting yourself up for constant disappointment and unhappiness.
I’d imagine someone who wouldn’t be much fun at parties either.

Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
We generally have a new society that really can no longer tolerate any deviation from absolute perfection.
It really defies common sense when you apply thought though. Products are made by people and people aren’t perfect.
It stands to reason then that anything made by those humans will have some degree of imperfections both seen and unseen. To be completely intolerant of that is setting yourself up for constant disappointment and unhappiness.
Lol bro. No one is asking for perfection, that doesnt exist, hell when i bought this car i expected issues and believe it had them from creaking to bad body panels and that was ok! But a 3,000 repair in 7k miles, you have to be stupid to let
That pass. So your statement is a joke.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol bro. No one is asking for perfection, that doesnt exist, hell when i bought this car i expected issues and believe it had them from creaking to bad body panels and that was ok! But a 3,000 repair in 7k miles, you have to be stupid to let
That pass. So your statement is a joke.
Just a general statement. People are really intolerant lately. Hopefully, you’ll find what you’re looking for. I would research your chosen corvette carefully. Have family with 2 of them each had issues. One Z06 overheated on the way home after purchase and another GS leaked when raining. Hopefully you’ll have better luck.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, Ford knows they will lose customers like you and has calculated that costs less than reducing the number of occurrences. I don't blame anyone who gets bit by this or another problem to boycott a manufacturer. But it doesn't happen enough to make Ford change. For Ford its a tiny tiny percent. For any single owner its all or nothing. I feel for you.
I wonder how many people who have had this issue took a minute to call Ford. Id ask if they’ll help and get a case number.
Ford paid for mine (less small deductible) 1.5 years out of warranty.
Why not try? It’s free! I like to give companies a fair chance at customer service.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Just a general statement. People are really intolerant lately. Hopefully, you’ll find what you’re looking for. I would research your chosen corvette carefully. Have family with 2 of them each had issues. One Z06 overheated on the way home after purchase and another GS leaked when raining. Hopefully you’ll have better luck.
Like i said no car is perfect, and yes i would not touch the zo6 dont like force induction.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
I wonder how many people who have had this issue took a minute to call Ford. Id ask if they’ll help and get a case number.
Ford paid for mine (less small deductible) 1.5 years out of warranty.
Why not try? It’s free! I like to give companies a fair chance at customer service.
Whats happens when it happens again i talked to guys on their 3rd evap.
Sponsored