HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Lol yes!! Just sold that pos today got no patients for unreliable ppl or vehicles ive had lots of new cars with way more abuse and mileage and none of them gave a. Issue as big as this, why is it big? Maybe cuz its hoy wer i live and the stupid dealers want 2k and have to wait for ever for them to even fix it, this might be ok for you but this is totally unacceptable and the mustang will die if ford doesnt do something about this, this was my first try at an american car and it will be the last more than likely
Unfortunately, Ford knows they will lose customers like you and has calculated that costs less than reducing the number of occurrences. I don't blame anyone who gets bit by this or another problem to boycott a manufacturer. But it doesn't happen enough to make Ford change. For Ford its a tiny tiny percent. For any single owner its all or nothing. I feel for you.
Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Unfortunately, Ford knows they will lose customers like you and has calculated that costs less than reducing the number of occurrences. I don't blame anyone who gets bit by this or another problem to boycott a manufacturer. But it doesn't happen enough to make Ford change. For Ford its a tiny tiny percent. For any single owner its all or nothing. I feel for you.
Agree, but the. Again every person who gets screwed by this will tell at least 30 something more but yes even then maybe its not “worth” it for them? But maybe thats why they keep loosing to the japanese to the point wer they cant even compete in car segment if u ask me that stupid and they are paying the price they are gonna screw that last decent car they make.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The A/C failure on the Mustang shouldn't have ever happened - it's a major repair and expensive to fix. It's not like A/C systems are new to Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. I've got vehicles that are 15+ years old that blow cold air two seconds after turning the A/C on, and they've never been recharged or ever had any A/C issues.

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The A/C failure on the Mustang shouldn't have ever happened - it's a major repair and expensive to fix. It's not like A/C systems are new to Ford or any other vehicle manufacturer. I've got vehicles that are 15+ years old the blow cold air two seconds after turning the A/C on, and they've never been recharged or ever had any A/C issues.
Finally a word of reason

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi guys
So my MY17 went into the troublesome AC issue: the driver-side blows only hot air and takes forever to blow cool air (from 30 mins - 1hr in this June weather of Texas) while the passenger side is working properly. when the ambient temperature is not too brutal (like midnight or cool days), the driver side gets cool pretty quickly (few ish minutes)
So my question before heading to the dealer (I still need the car for daily driving) is: what is the potential issue with it?
I checked the blend door actuator, it works fine, I removed the actuator and trying manually adjust the blend arm, behaves the same.
The AC clutch is working fine too, engaging when I turn the AC on, disengage when I turn it off.
Low refrigerant? EVAP core busted? or maybe something else?
Thank guys in advanced

Sponsored

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
Hi guys
So my MY17 went into the troublesome AC issue: the driver-side blows only hot air and takes forever to blow cool air (from 30 mins - 1hr in this June weather of Texas) while the passenger side is working properly. when the ambient temperature is not too brutal (like midnight or cool days), the driver side gets cool pretty quickly (few ish minutes)
So my question before heading to the dealer (I still need the car for daily driving) is: what is the potential issue with it?
I checked the blend door actuator, it works fine, I removed the actuator and trying manually adjust the blend arm, behaves the same.
The AC clutch is working fine too, engaging when I turn the AC on, disengage when I turn it off.
Thank guys in advanced
Sell the stupid car your AC evaporator is out it is located behind the dash and is anywhere fron 2.5-3k to fix. Thats what i did at least

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know its true but don't understand why some failures result in the passenger side being normal or close to it and the driver side having barely or non-cooled air even when owners report no blend issues. Why are the symptoms different on one side of the car from the other.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know its true but don't understand why some failures result in the passenger side being normal or close to it and the driver side having barely or non-cooled air even when owners report no blend issues. Why are the symptoms different on one side of the car from the other.
Just a theory, but might have to do with the temperature gradient across the evaporator when the freon is getting very low. Maybe the side of the evaporator that is closer to the passenger side runs colder than the driver side, and that translates to how the air going through the dash ducts behaves also.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi guys
Thank guys in advanced
I'd have the dealer check for any other potential leaks and charge the A/C system if required. If it goes out again in short time, then it's most likely the evaporator leaking. The dealer might be able to determine if it's the evaporator right off with testing.

Sponsored

Lincolnzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Grabber Blue
I've got a 2017 GT, and about two years ago at (38000 miles)I started having a squealing noise from my AC compressor when it was engaged (AC, heat, defrost), eventually compressor locked up completely. I disconnected compressor so I could use heat and ran for the last two years with no AC because I didn't want to stomach the repair lol. (I showed dealer all of the forums regarding evaporator failure and had them diagnose it -- they said it wasn't the evaporator and quoted me $1900 to replace condenser/compressor.)

Last week I had the compressor/condenser replaced at a local place for $1200.

For the last two days I've been having an issue with the AC -- when cool outside temperature -- 60ish, blows 40-45 degrees Farenheit out of the vent idle and driving.

When it warms up and gets hot outside the vent blows 60F at idle, but at highway speeds drops down to 45F.

This has gotta be the radiator fan (just looked and one of them is running at idle, car cool, haven't looked when car is heated up yet), or low refrigerant right?

I'm hoping the high speed fuse for the fan is blown or my mechanic missed a seal on the compressor install and it leaked a bit and it's not the evaporator....

Is it possible evaporator leaked first time around and the low freon killed the compressor? And now that I have a new compressor it's still leaking causing issues?

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
When my Ac stopped working I took it to my local dealer where they told me that my compressor had failed and they need to replace it. My compressor was working, only making a whirring noise. I called BS on their diagnosis and took it to a dealer where one of my family friends worked there. I asked him to do proper diagnosis on the evaporator with probe camera and sniffer. They did that and confirmed that the evap was leaking and once they charged the system for diagnosis the compressor whirring went away. So long story short, I changed the evap and the compressor is still doing its job. In your case, it's very possible that a leak in evap caused the problem and that resulted in your compressor failure.

I've got a 2017 GT, and about two years ago at (38000 miles)I started having a squealing noise from my AC compressor when it was engaged (AC, heat, defrost), eventually compressor locked up completely. I disconnected compressor so I could use heat and ran for the last two years with no AC because I didn't want to stomach the repair lol. (I showed dealer all of the forums regarding evaporator failure and had them diagnose it -- they said it wasn't the evaporator and quoted me $1900 to replace condenser/compressor.)

Last week I had the compressor/condenser replaced at a local place for $1200.

For the last two days I've been having an issue with the AC -- when cool outside temperature -- 60ish, blows 40-45 degrees Farenheit out of the vent idle and driving.

When it warms up and gets hot outside the vent blows 60F at idle, but at highway speeds drops down to 45F.

This has gotta be the radiator fan (just looked and one of them is running at idle, car cool, haven't looked when car is heated up yet), or low refrigerant right?

I'm hoping the high speed fuse for the fan is blown or my mechanic missed a seal on the compressor install and it leaked a bit and it's not the evaporator....

Is it possible evaporator leaked first time around and the low freon killed the compressor? And now that I have a new compressor it's still leaking causing issues?

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Those of you who have had to replace the evap core - didn't you get the odd smell in the cabin from the leak?

I went through this in my '06 - there was no mistaking the evap core failure. My bride said it smelled like a "dead giraffe" in the cabin.

My AC just went warm this past week - but no smell. Headed to the shop this morning.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Guys,
Even if your car is out of warranty- Call Ford.
I had very low mileage but my car was 1.5 years out of warranty and Ford fixed my car for a small deductible. It pays to ask.
I am grateful.

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
No smell here too, just leaked out slowly.
Sponsored