A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I had my evap core replaced last year and plan on picking up a 2018 GT in a few months.. I hope they fixed this problem on the 18's.
Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
If I buy the basic coverage will they honor replacement being that I’ll have Whipple on it ?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If I buy the basic coverage will they honor replacement being that I’ll have Whipple on it ?
I would think so since a supercharger shouldn't have any bearing on the AC going out. Call your local Ford dealer and ask the Service Manager the question and see what he says.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Took it into the dealer today for the second aircon failure.

Told the service advisor that I was aware of the widespread evaporator issue and he agreed that this could well be the case.

This, however, was the 'fix' (he did say that they removed the glove box and checked for dye on the evaporator unit and it seemed to have no leaks).

It's already blowing at inconsistent speeds, so I know I'll be back again soon.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:
ac1.jpg

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
I've had the car for just over 2 months now and with just about 6k miles miles my AC is smelling funny. I don't even use the AC as much as most people do down here as I have my windows down once its under 85 degrees.

If this thing continues to crap out once the warranty is up, I'll probably just deal with it. May-November will suck tremendously but I refuse to spend thousands on a fix that will only last a summer.

I read that Ford is owning up to the Focus RS head gasket issue but I doubt they'll address this since it's not an engine problem.

Sponsored

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I've had the car for just over 2 months now and with just about 6k miles miles my AC is smelling funny. I don't even use the AC as much as most people do down here as I have my windows down once its under 85 degrees.
If you do take it in for warranty service, I had a very good experience at Pines Ford- replaced mine no questions asked in like 1-2 days. Ask for Kenny.

tranceporter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport
If you do take it in for warranty service, I had a very good experience at Pines Ford- replaced mine no questions asked in like 1-2 days. Ask for Kenny.
Thanks a lot! That's where I was planning on taking it as its the closest dealer to me. Glad to know they took care of you properly.:thumbsup:

MustangMahi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium : Pony Package
2017 Ecoboost Premium - Evaporator Core Replacement

I had my stang for a year 15,000 miles

going to go see how they did the job at 7pm EST

Do you guys think we should file a lawsuit?

Cant be good for us to breathe in this gas that has been leaking into our cabin.

Morgan and Morgan For the Mustang Owners

clicklogical

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible Performance Pack
I had my stang for a year 15,000 miles

going to go see how they did the job at 7pm EST

Do you guys think we should file a lawsuit?

Cant be good for us to breathe in this gas that has been leaking into our cabin.

Morgan and Morgan For the Mustang Owners
A lawsuit was filed years ago. This problem has existed forever. The lawsuit was thrown out. Complete bullshit if you ask me. :cheers:

https://www.law360.com/articles/257189/ford-owners-seek-class-cert-in-ac-defect-action

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I've had 2 confirmed evap failures and the the third evap core is acting up again.

3 evap failures in 10,000 miles in less than 2yrs! Has to be a record.

Sponsored

MustangMahi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium : Pony Package
I've had 2 confirmed evap failures and the the third evap core is acting up again.

3 evap failures in 10,000 miles in less than 2yrs! Has to be a record.

Im sorry to hear that man. Be sure to ask the dealer to order the most up to date part. From reading other post I have seen a lot of different variants go around.

I just picked up my car today.

A/C is blowing cold and the dash is super tight.

I hope this is the first and last time this ever happens..

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So what's the verdict? Does Ford yet have a part that doesn't fail...or is everyone just purchasing the ESP so they don't have to fix this out of pocket?

OurMustangGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Why was this covered for us.

We had trouble with the AC before the warranty expired but it failed totally after warranty ended.

Our AC was giving us issues in my daughter's car early on and was taken in twice to have it looked at and they couldn't replicate the problem. Well, it finally gave out at 37k miles. Sunrise Ford in So. CA thought they could fix it under warranty because we had it in twice with the problem before the warranty expired and was logged in the paperwork. Needless to say, they fixed the car thinking Ford would cover it. Then it got rejected as a warranty claim. They held the car hostage until we put out of pocket $1,200 for the repair. I have had the worst luck with Ford also own a Platinum F150. I am still looking to talk to a factory rep on the Mustang warranty AC issue.

Is there a recall on this issue? Looks to be a significant problem. Anyone have a good number to call and discuss these issues with Ford?

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
There will be no recall for this. It’s not a safety issue

flyinghunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium
I'm joined the "AC quit working club" yesterday. 2016 GT with 21k miles and the AC simply quit working. Took it in for warranty service yesterday and today they call and ask if they can change the oil, air filter etc...Good grief...just fix the AC.
Sponsored