N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well here I can get 94 octane E10 So 3 Galls 115 octane x98 + 13 galls of 94 E10 will yield 98 octane with 27% Ethanol if my math hasn't failed me.
Sponsored

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Guys running E85 are tuned! The car in stock form is not designed to run on fuel with 30% ethanol. The car may run lean as it takes a lot more ethanol than gasoline for the air/fuel ratio to be correct. The information you are providing is incorrect.
If you want your car to be slow, go ahead and run 91 octane. I don't mind im giving you guys good advice and if you wanna be hard headed its your go.

Helios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen3 Coyote
Stock trims you will max timing with 94 20% ethanol it should hit about 27 degree

You can blend more ethanol but i don't think its going to be needed

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Just keep an eye on your AFR. It's always best to run that your gauge display as the main display.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Stock trims you will max timing with 94 20% ethanol it should hit about 27 degree

You can blend more ethanol but i don't think its going to be needed
Does this apply to a gen 2 and gen 3 or just a gen 3?

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Ok so somebody posted in here they tested E30 on a 2018 and found it to be beneficial and about the cutoff for the stock tunes capability. I have an idea. There is an E85 station sort of near me. I don't wanna run E85 without a tune, and I don't wanna get a tune right now. We have no E30 around here. But according to an online calculator I found, if I run 12 gallons of 91 and 4 gallons of E85 I get a 28.8% ethanol mix. Am I crazy for wanting to try this? Of course the drag strip is closed so I wouldn't have any data but I could always do a street run

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Ok so somebody posted in here they tested E30 on a 2018 and found it to be beneficial and about the cutoff for the stock tunes capability. I have an idea. There is an E85 station sort of near me. I don't wanna run E85 without a tune, and I don't wanna get a tune right now. We have no E30 around here. But according to an online calculator I found, if I run 12 gallons of 91 and 4 gallons of E85 I get a 28.8% ethanol mix. Am I crazy for wanting to try this? Of course the drag strip is closed so I wouldn't have any data but I could always do a street run
No it's not crazy, E30 will be slightly better than E10. But if you don't tune for it, you won't really see much benefit.

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it's not crazy, E30 will be slightly better than E10. But if you don't tune for it, you won't really see much benefit.
I think I may test it tonight or tomorrow. Will do an 1/8 mile run on the street before and after

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Where is everyone getting 10% from? My owners manual on page 136 says not to use fuels over 15% ethanol not 10%

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok guys, I may have found the trick. probably the same performance gain as a pump gas tune for these cars, if not more.

did a baseline 1/4 mile test using the car's built in timer at a local country backroad where i live. it was about 65 degrees out and while the road is good asphalt it's a little dirty right now due to less traffic for obvious reasons. anyways, car was in track mode, advancetrac off, shifter in D, windows up, AC off. half tank of 91, stomped on the gas off idle and spun bad through first and second gears, ran a 12.7 @ 112mph. my previous best street time was 12.3 @ 115mph, and then the same day i went to the drag strip and ran consistent 11.9s @ 119mph so the car's timer is a little off, but that's ok.

went to the gas station about 30 minutes away which has E85. put 4 gallons of E85 in and then filled the rest with 91. effectively an E30 blend. went back to the same road. put the car back in track mode, and did the same exact launch. again, roasted the tires through first gear and most of second, ran a 12.4 @ 115mph. drove a small loop to let the car cool off a bit and went back to the spot. sad idling for about 30 seconds while i got drag mode ready. shifter in D of course, advancetrac off. launched off the brake this time, with the tiniest bit of brake boosting. was a little softer on the throttle but still spun in first and almost all of second gear. ran a 12.4 @ 117mph.

the car definitely pulls harder mid range and especially at high RPMs. also feels like power drops off less between shifts, which could just be a placebo effect but i swear it does. i bet i can trap 121mph at the track with this fuel combo. can't wait for it to open back up.

anyways, if you're like me and don't want to run an E85 tune for convenience and warranty reasons, and don't think a pump gas tune is worth the money or warranty hassle, E30 is worth a try. some would argue that E85 is cheaper therefore you will be saving money, but you also get lower MPGs which pretty much cancels out the savings at the pump so it's a wash.

i don't think i'll run it all the time though, because there are other things you need to do like change the oil more often and there may be long term negative effects on seals and gaskets. with E30 it may not be a huge issue though.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
holy crap...i would rather run it on 87 than that
I wouldn't. Here's a result of running 87 octane while hooning on the street. Warmer ambient temps, higher IAT's, this is usually the end result on 'but it can run on 87' engines. Broke from knock, melted from higher combustion temp 87. We took his engine apart cause of oil fouling 2 plugs. He didn't here a damn thing, and no indication other then the fouling.
c_oc=AQmLQ_wHRImkGSQw__MWQtGMYYOOdN9BKLxgkoOZtfdrtsv3YkRlMA-loP-miztC830&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-1.jpg