Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
You're not going to get better mpg with either. But you need to take into account that the engine has 12:1 compression ratio. No one should ever run 87 in these engines. The car will run better in the long run and make a little more power with 93. Mpg questions are literally useless. If you putt around everywhere at 2k with almost 500hp trying to squeeze out mpg, then why have this car? Beat on it every chance you get and when you see that it says you're getting 13-14 average mpg, smile and continue to beat it. The only useful reason for the mpg meter in my opinion is for diagnosis reasons.

For example: Whenever I was daily driving 90 Miatas, they don't have new tech, so I used an app at the gas station at every fill up to record fuel logs and it properly calculated mpg. When I saw it dropping from 28 to 22 and I felt a loss of power over time, I was right in assuming that the keyway on the 90-91 short nose crankshaft 1.6s had worn and retarded timing due to the crank bolt losing torque

I average 16-17 in my 16 GTPP. If I started seeing 10 mpg during the same type of driving, I'd know something was wrong.
Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB