Sponsored

700+ hp 5.2L flatplane voodoo

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Check out the packaging on the top end of those engines. Now take a look at the packaging on the top end of a voodoo. Notice anything?
Instead of me guessing, what do you have in mind? Increased manifold volume , straight path runners?
Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Instead of me guessing, what do you have in mind? Increased manifold volume , straight path runners?
I was just thinking that the voodoo has nowhere near the room for top end components of that size. In the engine bay. Even if you had a hood that could clear the IMs, there's no way their would be room for headers. Actually, I find myself questioning whether the heads would even fit between the strut towers.

I guess my point is, from an application standpoint, it looks like apples and oranges. I could be wrong.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I was just thinking that the voodoo has nowhere near the room for top end components of that size. In the engine bay. Even if you had a hood that could clear the IMs, there's no way their would be room for headers. Actually, I find myself questioning whether the heads would even fit between the strut towers.

I guess my point is, from an application standpoint, it looks like apples and oranges. I could be wrong.
I guess I'm totally confused here. The voodoo heads already fit in the engine bay, I already have ARH 1-7/8" long tubes, bigger primary tubes could be used if needed. But their is no room for equal length. As far as intake manifolds go, I'd turn to hogan. When I trial fit the cobra jet last winter it was to tall and would not allow the hood to close by over 1". With the voodoos oil pan to K member clearance their is no room to lower the engine. With stock motor mounts the oil pan to k member has about 5/8-3/4" clearance stock. I turned to hogan and asked them. A intake can be made. Not a big deal.
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Another example
image.jpeg

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Another
image.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Another one
image.jpeg

redleg322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord 2.0t Touring, '17 GT350
Why not ITB's? Or would that flow less than a massive throttle body with a massive plenum and short fat runners?

Kind of like the 800HP+ hoonigan mustang, granted its a 410ci

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Why not ITB's? Or would that flow less than a massive throttle body with a massive plenum and short fat runners?

s-l1000.jpg

Kind of like the 800HP+ hoonigan mustang, granted its a 410ci

Hoon-7.jpg
I would think stock tuners like Lund wouldn't be able to be used. Something like a MOTEC would be needed. That's going pure race car, might as well gut all the interior, not what I think he has in mind. I could be wrong.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base

Yeah I understand. I was just bringing concrete examples of big power NA engines, in a flat plane configuration, close to the same size as the voodoo.

2.4-2.5L inline 4 VS the 5.2 8. Biggest difference is the Hondas are under square by quite a bit which will reduce the revs. Voodoo has that advantage.

You know, the more I think about it, it's almost exclusively about head design and flow. Tuned, equal length exhaust and all the plenum volume and straight fat runners aren't going to do much if your head doesn't flow well.

Maybe the key to the voodoo is a proper multi angle valve job with flow bench results, and maybe a port and polish. The valve job is 70-80% of the gains anyway.

redleg322

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Accord 2.0t Touring, '17 GT350
I would think stock tuners like Lund wouldn't be able to be used. Something like a MOTEC would be needed. That's going pure race car, might as well gut all the interior, not what I think he has in mind. I could be wrong.
He just wants to rev to 9K and make 700HP. No need to do anything other than cut a hole in the hood for the ITB's. The interior can stay. Have you not seen totally streetable well mannered cars running Motec? And its probably necessary to make it a quality build. Otherwise you waste a ton of time fighting the stock computer. Its not hard to find a motec tuner.

Sponsored

Petroleum Jesus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I guess I'm totally confused here. The voodoo heads already fit in the engine bay, I already have ARH 1-7/8" long tubes, bigger primary tubes could be used if needed. But their is no room for equal length. As far as intake manifolds go, I'd turn to hogan. When I trial fit the cobra jet last winter it was to tall and would not allow the hood to close by over 1". With the voodoos oil pan to K member clearance their is no room to lower the engine. With stock motor mounts the oil pan to k member has about 5/8-3/4" clearance stock. I turned to hogan and asked them. A intake can be made. Not a big deal.
I was referencing the head/IM package of the Honda K24s that Darkane linked to. They appeared nearly twice the size of the head/IM package on the voodoo. This goes back to what I was saying earlier, If you can fit much larger heads with tangent porting to your IM and exhaust, your power potential for a given displacement is considerably higher. That said, I already beat that horse to death.

I would go with that low-profile dual plenum intake out of the choices you posted. Just my preference. :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott