200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
My question is, would you give up The unique sound of our cars to produce more horsepower?
I think it will still be unique, only more so. And better. It almost looks like they tried to make the engine sound more crossplane like with the stock layout, and then the x pipe which is a bit redundant on a flat plane. Seems like a confused layout to me. I think it will get higher pitched and a bit more Ferrari like with 4-1 long tubes. I heard a Pantera once with 180 degree headers with megaphone collectors and that thing could make the hair stand up on your neck...in a good way, it left a permanent mark. Also heard a 69 428 CJ with 180's (bundle of snakes), another incredible sounding vehicle.
Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
I think it will still be unique, only more so. And better. It almost looks like they tried to make the engine sound more crossplane like with the stock layout, and then the x pipe which is a bit redundant on a flat plane. Seems like a confused layout to me. I think it will get higher pitched and a bit more Ferrari like with 4-1 long tubes. I heard a Pantera once with 180 degree headers with megaphone collectors and that thing could make the hair stand up on your neck...in a good way, it left a permanent mark. Also heard a 69 428 CJ with 180's (bundle of snakes), another incredible sounding vehicle.

I'm thinking the same as you. Equal length headers may make it sound even more different than a CPC V8. I also wondered why the X-pipe was in there, but it's probably because the stock header design is actually inefficient. After headers, the X may need to be ditched.

08fordgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 shelby gt350 race red
sub'd. glad your'e back.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Voodoo/8250rpm when you come back just ignore all of the drama, I'm interested in what this FPC Ford engine will do once modded by a regular gear-head and you seem to be that guy!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
�� I'm back! Headers are on the way and I'm waiting to install them. They doubled the weld and purged them for a better weld to prevent any cracking from the voodoo's vibration.

Sponsored

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang
Good to hear they are purging inside the header. What a difference this makes. Dealing with a Chinese supplier right now trying to make them do this on our products.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see the power gains between my car running ARH and off road exhaust to another members kooks exhaust set up. Can't wait. I just talked to chuck Watson at Watson racing today and I'm waiting for him to get back to me to set up Dyno times. Also I ran into a snag with the cobra jet intake CAI for the gt350. I'm waiting on another tube to see if the shape will work or not, if not I will fabricate one.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm back! Headers are on the way and I'm waiting to install them. They doubled the weld and purged them for a better weld to prevent any cracking from the voodoo's vibration.

Remember to get a baseline dyno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Good, your back, I need something to read that feels like I learned something.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Please try to shoot an exhaust video once you get the headers installed. On the dyno would be cool, but going down the road at WOT would be cooler.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Please try to shoot an exhaust video once you get the headers installed. On the dyno would be cool, but going down the road at WOT would be cooler.

Make sure to use a good microphone held a good distance from the car and use a wind sock as well.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Make sure to use a good microphone held a good distance from the car and use a wind sock as well.
Lol.
All I have is a gopro 4 black. I'm new to using it but I'll figure it all out. If I have a problem loading it to this forum I'll email it to someone.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Lol.
All I have is a gopro 4 black. I'm new to using it but I'll figure it all out. If I have a problem loading it to this forum I'll email it to someone.

Use an external microphone plugged into the jack on the side. I've tested multiple microphones at a bunch of different price ranges. The Olympus ME-51s is decent for its price, I've seen them for as little as $15 though they are usually $25-30. I also have an Audio Technica ATR-6550 which does a great job at only picking up the exhaust sound and nothing else. I've got a test video on my YouTube channel, I'll post it up later.
Sponsored