Sponsored

$3k Budget Suggestions

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I'm finally looking at modding my 2019 Mustang GT. I would like to do an intake, tune, and some form of headers/exhaust. My budget to work with is about $3,000. How would you spec it if it were yours?

My initial thoughts were nGauge with PBD 91 and Flex Fuel Tune, JLT Intake, Roush H Pipe, and Stainless Power Off Road Headers.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
That should make for a nice Little bump in power.

NC85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing
Converter and PBD tune. Add a Steeda Midpipe on for exhaust.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Mak cat deletes, h-pipe, E85 tune, converter if auto. Well under your budget, and would make the most enjoyable drive.

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
2M Headers (Mixed reviews, but a great product) PBD tune w/nGauge (E85), ported manifold, filter of your choice, and rear tires (You'll need them)

edit: Didn't see OP has 18+...

Last edited:

Sponsored

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
intake is wasted money on an 18+.

headers
e85/flex fuel tune
bmr cb005
steeda cb005 delrin subrame alignment
bmr sp083
m-18000-f
steeda billet rear shock mount
gt350 front and rear sway bars
wider stickier tires.

OP
OP
Marino

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I should mention it is an auto and it has the performance pack level 1. I hadn’t even considered a torque converter. I know it helps in the quarter mile but what does an aftermarket torque converter do and would that ruin the drivability?

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
I would say thats a very solid start for sure. You will not be disappointed with a PBD tune at all. They have done great things for my cars. If you want to go over any pricing or would like to see if I can get you a great deal on some of those products, hit me up. I'm here to help. Lethalperformance.com

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
I should mention it is an auto and it has the performance pack level 1. I hadn’t even considered a torque converter. I know it helps in the quarter mile but what does an aftermarket torque converter do and would that ruin the drivability?
In short summary a converter makes the driving experience sooooooo much more enjoyable. Lets the engine rev up a little and breathe instead of the factory keeping the rpm's as low as possible in an attempt to help fuel economy. I liken it to the old days of tossing in a 3.73 rear gear. Car is jut revvier, and engine is happier not always lugging down. Driveability when tuned properly is glorious, better than factory. And yes it does make the car faster in the 1/4 as an added bonus.

OP
OP
Marino

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
I would say thats a very solid start for sure. You will not be disappointed with a PBD tune at all. They have done great things for my cars. If you want to go over any pricing or would like to see if I can get you a great deal on some of those products, hit me up. I'm here to help. Lethalperformance.com
Okay. I’ll reach out to you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Marino

Marino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moped
In short summary a converter makes the driving experience sooooooo much more enjoyable. Lets the engine rev up a little and breathe instead of the factory keeping the rpm's as low as possible in an attempt to help fuel economy. I liken it to the old days of tossing in a 3.73 rear gear. Car is jut revvier, and engine is happier not always lugging down. Driveability when tuned properly is glorious, better than factory. And yes it does make the car faster in the 1/4 as an added bonus.
Thanks for the insight! Sounds like a worthwhile mod.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I'm finally looking at modding my 2019 Mustang GT. I would like to do an intake, tune, and some form of headers/exhaust. My budget to work with is about $3,000. How would you spec it if it were yours?

My initial thoughts were nGauge with PBD 91 and Flex Fuel Tune, JLT Intake, Roush H Pipe, and Stainless Power Off Road Headers.
First mods should be intake, exhaust + headers, and tune. If it's available, switching to E85 is a great bang for you buck mod you will just need the appropriate compatible parts to run it. Give us a call here at Lethalperformance and we can answer any questions you have! 1.877.253.8425

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Skip intake
E85 / flex tune (best bang for the buck of any mod NA)
Long tube headers or just cat delete for budget.
BMR CB005 for wheel hop
Springs to get rid of square at launch
Better stickier tires in the rear ( or wait till later when you swap out the boat anchor wheels that come with our pp1 cars)