Exhaust & Long Tube Headers Suggestions

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have a 15' GT automatic with the following mods done: Lund Flex Fuel Tune, Mishimoto Inlet Tube, Velossa Big Mouth. Want to get most HP/TQ without going FI route.
Want suggestions for exhaust & long tube headers. Not a fan of loud exhaust so I want the best gains but exhaust to sound close to stock. Also want to be able to pass NYS emissions testing for yearily inspections on both exhaust & headers.
Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
I have a 15' GT automatic with the following mods done: Lund Flex Fuel Tune, Mishimoto Inlet Tube, Velossa Big Mouth. Want to get most HP/TQ without going FI route.
Want suggestions for exhaust & long tube headers. Not a fan of loud exhaust so I want the best gains but exhaust to sound close to stock. Also want to be able to pass NYS emissions testing for yearily inspections on both exhaust & headers.
Lund ...if you are staying with them ..should be your first point of contact on achieving your goal. They might be able to point you to a known result.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
You should probably just avoid headers then. It's going to be a lot louder and with the rear O2's being relocated, it makes it far more difficult to ready the O2/HO2 setting to pass that part of the emissions.

Reactions: Ebm

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Plus a million on skipping headers. Go cat delete if you must. Research 15-17 n/a power mods. Lots a threads. 18 manifold with E85 probably the best for induction to extend your power band.

A lot of people make the mistake in believing a loud car is always a fast car... Lol.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
You should probably just avoid headers then. It's going to be a lot louder and with the rear O2's being relocated, it makes it far more difficult to ready the O2/HO2 setting to pass that part of the emissions.
+1, skip headers and any cat modifications if you don't want trouble with emissions inspections.

Also, any aftermarket exhaust will add noise. The closest to stock muffler with just a little noise added would probably be the GT500 mufflers.

Honestly, I'd leave the exhaust system alone with what you have mentioned in your original post.

Sponsored

BrandonS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Premium A6
18+ intake, E85 tune (Not flex fuel, timing will be conservative with flex fuel tune) and Circle D converter 4C converter. That's my plans at least.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Not a fan of loud exhaust so I want the best gains but exhaust to sound close to stock. Also want to be able to pass NYS emissions testing for yearily inspections on both exhaust & headers.
... Then DO NOT BUY HEADERS...

hell dont buy anything more than an axleback...
Sponsored