Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Hello fellow mustang owners!
I have a 2019 GT pp1 and am currently running a Corsa 2x X pipe resonator delete with the stock mufflers. Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what axle back would be best paired with the x pipe for a not obnoxiously loud but still deep and could get obnoxious if I wanted to.

Thanks in advance!!!
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
The deepest sound seems to come from the Magnaflow Competition series axle back, but you need to also get the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator if you want to get rid of the drone on the inside.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow mustang owners!
I have a 2019 GT pp1 and am currently running a Corsa 2x X pipe resonator delete with the stock mufflers. Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on what axle back would be best paired with the x pipe for a not obnoxiously loud but still deep and could get obnoxious if I wanted to.

Thanks in advance!!!
Borla S type or FP Borla Sport would probably be good.

Have you thought about completing the full Corsa sport catback by adding the touring axleback?

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
The deepest sound seems to come from the Magnaflow Competition series axle back, but you need to also get the Magnaflow Tru-X resonator if you want to get rid of the drone on the inside.
Awesome! I’ve never looked much into Magnaflow because I’ve heard nothing but complaints about the drone. It makes sense though that their resonated X would eliminate some of that. I’ll look into it thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
Borla S type or FP Borla Sport would probably be good.

Have you thought about completing the full Corsa sport catback by adding the touring axleback?
S- Type has been the leading contender so far! From what I can tell off just video it’s got a great tone and volume. I have also thought about completing Corsa by going the touring route, but that system is very pricey for what may end up being too loud for my not so enthusiast friendly home state that is California. If it were up to me I’d just go Roush or Borla ATAK and enjoy the sweet sounds!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
S- Type has been the leading contender so far! From what I can tell off just video it’s got a great tone and volume. I have also thought about completing Corsa by going the touring route, but that system is very pricey for what may end up being too loud for my not so enthusiast friendly home state that is California. If it were up to me I’d just go Roush or Borla ATAK and enjoy the sweet sounds!
The Sport is not that loud, only when you go WOT. I had it for two years and it's one of my favorite exhausts by a mile.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Magnaflow is a bit loud for sure but imo sound amazing. I had the comps on my old car and it sounded perfect. If you want something with a deeper tone to it, Borla is a solid option as well. We are running sales all month long currently, if you would like to see some of the options on sale right now, hit me up. https://www.lethalperformance.com/info/springsale2020

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
The Sport is not that loud, only when you go WOT. I had it for two years and it's one of my favorite exhausts by a mile.
2nd the Corsa touring axle back. Especially on stock headers it's very controlled but great tone.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You didn't state a price range. There can be a huge differences in prices between the different manufacturers.

OP
OP
Bmac50

Bmac50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT pp1
You didn't state a price range. There can be a huge differences in prices between the different manufacturers.
I apologize for not clarifying. Price isn’t so much a factor as volume. I live in California and as much as I’d love to get something outrageously loud with good quality (such as Corsa extremes) but I’d rather not have to spend a lot on a system that might get me constantly pulled over, considering I can’t resist driving my stang any chance I get! I’m leaning heavily toward Borla S- Type, but I was open to any other suggestions. Thanks for the reply!
Sponsored