2M Fabrications Review (Headers)

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
READ: I have completed the header install and I encourage you to read the issues and experiences I had with the headers. I will leave the original posting and all of the original replies. I made the original posting before completing the installation, and have updated it for ease of future readers.

Final Review and Opinions:
The 2m Fabrication headers are one of the cheapest name brand headers you can buy. Starting around $500 for the headers and catless pipe and $800 for the catted version, they are significantly cheaper than the $1000+ or even $2000+ options elsewhere.

So are they worth it?
In my opinion yes.

Customer Support:
The company accidentally didn't send me the catted pipe. I got the headers as a Christmas present and sent them an email on Christmas day telling them I didn't receive the catted pipe. They responded within a few minutes and verified my order. They shipped me the catted pipes the next business day. That's something really impressive that I doubt you would receive with any of the other bigger companies. I've heard some negative things about the company but everything I've experienced personally has been great. When I reached out to them about my fitment issue they suggested that my engine mounts may be bad, which was the case.

Fitment:
The headers have a tight fit. I've heard lots of people having problems with them. When I first put in the headers they rubbed on my steering shaft. Turns out my engine mount had gone bad and it was enough of a difference in height to cause the header to rub on the steering shaft. Once I installed some new (aftermarket, but stock height) engine mounts the steering shaft had about a quarter-inch of clearance from the header. It's a tight fit, so if you have high mileage expect you may have to buy new motor mounts if yours have started sagging.

Instillation:
*ill update this later*

ORIGINAL POST:
Recently received some 2m fabrication headers as a Christmas present. Due to me needing to pass emissions soon I opted for the catted version (which btw is a significantly cheaper price than any other catted headers).

When I received the headers they gave me the non-catted pipes. I emailed them and they responded in about 5 min... on Christmas day! They had me send a picture of the package labels and a picture of the pipe I received. They then said they will send over the catted pipe the next business day! I don't even have to return the non-catted pipe so, after emissions, I'm free to install that.

Great customer service and so far they seem to be of great build quality. I will update in the coming month when I do an install on the fitment. Overall very happy. The headers are a good price and they have better support and shipping times than any of the bigger companies would have had. As long as the fitment is good this will be a 10/10.

I get mistakes happen, and it really shows who a company is when they can own up to the mistakes and resolve them quickly.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Keep us posted on fitment.
I will. They claim it will connect up right to factory resonator or a replacement h-pipe/x-pipe.

The pipe has a bendy section so I hope that will help make fitment an ease. Only thing I need to decide is if I want to keep the downsize to 2.5” as my cat back is a full 3”. Whatever I do I’ll make sure to keep you updated!

Expect the update to be 2 or 3 weeks as I wait to re assemble my car and get it in my shop to install the exhaust.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Fitment has always been the big hit and miss with them. Hopefully you get lucky this time around and get one that fits well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Fitment has always been the big hit and miss with them. Hopefully you get lucky this time around and get one that fits well.
Ya I’m hoping. They are a lot cheaper than the competition so I honestly won’t be mad if it is a little short, especially since I might do a little work to make a full 3” exhaust. But I’ll definitely update with fitment when I have my car ready for them to be put on.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Small Update: Received the catted pipe earlier this morning (Wednesday).

Also a minor correction when you buy the headers from 2m if you choose the catted ones you get the catted pipe and off road pipe, so no need for me to send the off road pipe back.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
UPDATE:
Headers have been installed! Fitment was spot on. I’ll do a fully write up of my experience and what I think but the 2M headers fit factory exhaust and car backs that are made to connect to factory exhaust. Really happy

Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
UPDATE:
Headers have been installed! Fitment was spot on. I’ll do a fully write up of my experience and what I think but the 2M headers fit factory exhaust and car backs that are made to connect to factory exhaust. Really happy
Glad to hear. I have a set of 2M headers waiting to go on. Did you use their gaskets, new OEM, or reuse your stock ones? Looking forward to your write up.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Glad to hear. I have a set of 2M headers waiting to go on. Did you use their gaskets, new OEM, or reuse your stock ones? Looking forward to your write up.
I used their gaskets and I replaced the stock studs and nuts with their bolts (makes installation a lot easier)

I’ll wait to do a full write up for a few more days so I can put it on a lift and check clearances and leaks. I know my cat back is leaking pretty bad but haven’t noticed the headers leaking. The car does feel a lot shakier and I’m concerned the steering shaft may be hitting something.

I’ll probably throw it on a lift on Tuesday

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
I used their gaskets and I replaced the stock studs and nuts with their bolts (makes installation a lot easier)

I’ll wait to do a full write up for a few more days so I can put it on a lift and check clearances and leaks. I know my cat back is leaking pretty bad but haven’t noticed the headers leaking. The car does feel a lot shakier and I’m concerned the steering shaft may be hitting something.

I’ll probably throw it on a lift on Tuesday
The steering shaft hitting one of the tubes appears to be a common trend with 2M.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
The steering shaft hitting one of the tubes appears to be a common trend with 2M.
Ya I’m hoping that’s not the case but I want to double check that as well as check bolts and leaks before giving a final review.

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Ya I’m hoping that’s not the case but I want to double check that as well as check bolts and leaks before giving a final review.
I’ve also seen some posts that indicate it’s hitting the frame on the passenger side. Might be something to check as well.
Sponsored