Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
This new dark horse.

500hp, tremec, all the M1 goodies it sounds like

(and fugly….interior as well)

thoughts on M1 being upped so soon? Even the new GT has more power which was expected I guess.
Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Theres always something better or with more power. My M1 will be my first Mustang when it shows up in a couple months. Not looking to compete with the Gen 7. That being said im gonna do a fair amount of chassis upgrades, plus air filter, headers, and tune. I’ll be good for a while. When im not good anymore its getting a centri.

And i dont want the ipad dash so that makes my choice easy to be happy with. M1s are rare. I have seen 1 in my town. And i have seen 0 Mischievous purple cars of any flavor.

OP
OP

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Theres always something better or with more power. My M1 will be my first Mustang when it shows up in a couple months. Not looking to compete with the Gen 7. That being said im gonna do a fair amount of chassis upgrades, plus air filter, headers, and tune. I’ll be good for a while. When im not good anymore its getting a centri.

And i dont want the ipad dash so that makes my choice easy to be happy with. M1s are rare. I have seen 1 in my town. And i have seen 0 Mischievous purple cars of any flavor.
Yeah, I’m happy that I got the 22. I don’t care for the front end or the screen on this.
Kinda sad even the GT is rated higher than the 22 M1 (easy fix of course)

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Im not worried about factory power numbers. The enthusiasts all mod them anyway. My M1 will be 485ish as soon as i put the airaid filter on and remove the carbon tube trap crap.
And if the locked PCM turns out to be true the 7th gen will be tough to mod.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't forget you can actually tune our cars. You cannot tune the 2024 due to an ECU similar to the Corvette C8. It's locked down hard. I promise you once mine is tuned it will dust any stock dark horse there is.

Overall, the Dark Horse looks alright. I don't like the tail lights but the rear end itself is okay. I'll wait for a final gen Shelby or something.

Vapor Blue was the highlight for me. That color is beautiful.

Just wait till people see the price on the Dark Horse. People thought the Mach 1 was bad... Just wait.

Last edited:

Dreadomir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Ford Mustang Mach 1 Premium

I'll definitely be sticking to my Mach 1, and don't worry gentlemen. We can easily get some gains from just removing this pile of shit filter. Not tune required, this is where we lose our 10HP which is more like 18HP at the wheels.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Don't forget you can actually tune our cars. You cannot tune the 2024 due to an ECU similar to the Corvette C8. It's locked down hard. I promise you once mine is tuned it will dust any stock dark horse there is.

Overall, the Dark Horse looks alright. I don't like the tail lights but the rear end itself is okay. I'll wait for final gen Shelby or something.

Vapor Blue was the highlight for me. That color is beautiful.

Just wait till people see the price on the Dark Horse. People thought the Mach 1 was bad... Just wait.
I agree that Vapor Blue color is stunning. Ford will give Roush, Saleen and Shelby access to the ECU like GM did for Callaway and Lingenfelter for the C8.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I’m wondering if a lot of the chassis parts for the s550 will work on the s650. It’s seems the design was more sheet metal and I curious if the subframes are the same. This could save a lot of ppl money if the do trade up. I’m torn…I think the 550 is a better looking design and I actually like the interior of the new one. The Dark Horse is going to be tempting 🥴

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I will also keep my M1. Like others have said vapor blue is nice, and it looked liked the rears are actually a Brembo caliper, not a single floater.
@Zelek is right, Dark Horse will be a hefty price I’m sure. The iPad and rev key fob are nothing of interest for me.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
The 2015 was a big improvement over all those Boss 302 built in 2013. This is no different.
This case is quite different, despite the name S650, this car is built on the S550 chassis there is a lot of carry over. For those who complain of "parts bin special" for the Mach 1, I hope they are consistent when talking about the S650. 🤨

I'd expect incremental improvement over S550 GT, but hardly the jump we saw 2014 to 2015. They were going from solid rear end to IRS back then, huge difference.

Dual throttle bodies and "most powerful Coyote V8" and Tremec 6spd definitely perked my ears up.

Looks are subjective, and the IPAD type screen sticking up like an after thought will divide opinions, despite its functionality.

I was hoping they would have rolled out the hybrid powertrain this gen so the Mach 1 could have been the last hurrah for pure ICE in Mustang. This iteration might hurt our resales a little bit.

Dual throttle bodies and "most powerful Coyote V8 ever" definitely perked my ears up...but based on my taste I'm sticking with M1. I can see the appeal for others, but not for me.

Pricing will be VERY interesting.

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'll say about the Dork Horse what I did about the Mach1. Should have just called it the GT Hi-Po to be inline with the EcoBoost Hi-Po. In both cases it would have caused a lot less people bitching/complaining about the name being dumb/stupid/not living up to expectations and would be 100% accurate. More so with the 80's retro theme they went for.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This case is quite different, despite the name S650, this car is built on the S550 chassis there is a lot of carry over. For those who complain of "parts bin special" for the Mach 1, I hope they are consistent when talking about the S650. 🤨

I'd expect incremental improvement over S550 GT, but hardly the jump we saw 2014 to 2015. They were going from solid rear end to IRS back then, huge difference.

Dual throttle bodies and "most powerful Coyote V8" definitely perked my ears up. Ratti' rides reports its still the MT82 6spd, "no word of the tremec".

Looks are subjective, and the IPAD type screen sticking up like an after thought will divide opinions, despite its functionality.

I was hoping they would have rolled out the hybrid powertrain this gen so the Mach 1 could have been the last hurrah for pure ICE in Mustang. This iteration might hurt our resales a little bit.

Dual throttle bodies and "most powerful Coyote V8 ever" definitely perked my ears up...but based on my taste I'm sticking with M1. I can see the appeal for others, but not for me.

Pricing will be VERY interesting.
I never understood the parts bin bashing of the M1. It got all the good parts from the 350 & 500 for crying out loud! The gen 4 Coyote sounds badass. I agree pricing will be interesting. The Eco will still probably be affordable and maybe even the base GT but I would expect the higher trim models to get a hefty price tag