Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Well I’m guessing they still have no update yet because I just got tune from them Feb 28 2023

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, do you happen to have a Whipple ticket #? I will update my ticket with that if you have it. Maybe that will help them.
Let me know how u make out

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Any for guys have a problem restarting car after u shut it off for a few mins. When I shut my car off and go to restart it.It starts up, then just dies. Then I start it again and it starts right up.

cidthekid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2017 Procharged Mustang
Any for guys have a problem restarting car after u shut it off for a few mins. When I shut my car off and go to restart it.It starts up, then just dies. Then I start it again and it starts right up.
Did you install the DW400?? I had it once on a procharger kit and car always took a bit longer cranking to start up. It always did start up so the pump worked but it was one of its quirks.

Sponsored

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yep I installed Dw400. it fired right up after the install but after u shut it off when it hot it will die on the first restart then fired right up on second try

cidthekid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2017 Procharged Mustang
Yep I installed Dw400. it fired right up after the install but after u shut it off when it hot it will die on the first restart then fired right up on second try
yes! I had the most trouble on hot restarts. Cold starts usually started right up. Not so much on hot restarts.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
New DW 400 have an internal check valve now

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Did you install the DW400?? I had it once on a procharger kit and car always took a bit longer cranking to start up. It always did start up so the pump worked but it was one of its quirks.
If that the case I’ll be putting a stock pump back in & run a BAP. But my gut tells me it something with thottlebody

Sponsored

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I stayed with the 6 rib. No OPG's either. I don't plan to bounce on the rev limiter. We will see.
If you can install a Whipple supercharger you must have some great skills so you should be able to install the OPG. Always helps to do the install when you are installing the Whipple since you have most of the parts off. MMR OPGs are only $300 for the part; it is the install that cost so much. I am having Lethal Performance of Texas install my new 3.8L Whipple stage 2 on my 2018 Mustang GT and ordered back on January 15th. I am also adding American Racing Headers 2'' catless long tube headers and that is the only thing holding my install up, if I had known ARH company takes 4 to 6 months to ship your order I would have used a different company. I am also installing new billet MMR OPGs and am doing it with the Whipple install and thought I would get some kind of discount because most of the parts will be off, but no. Lethal said it takes 14 hours to install OPG and they will only take off 2 hours from the cost so it is going to cost me $1,400 in labor for them to do OPGs with the supercharger, unbelievable. Total cost with stage 2 3.8 Whipple, long tube headers, OPGs, and professional tune comes to $20,000, OUCH... I did not want to take a chance with the motor failing due to OPG after investing so much money.

Thank you for letting me know how awesome it is to have the Whipple and is awesome that you could install yourself. Lethal is charging $2,500 for just the Whipple labor.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If you can install a Whipple supercharger you must have some great skills so you should be able to install the OPG. Always helps to do the install when you are installing the Whipple since you have most of the parts off. MMR OPGs are only $300 for the part; it is the install that cost so much. I am having Lethal Performance of Texas install my new 3.8L Whipple stage 2 on my 2018 Mustang GT and ordered back on January 15th. I am also adding American Racing Headers 2'' catless long tube headers and that is the only thing holding my install up, if I had known ARH company takes 4 to 6 months to ship your order I would have used a different company. I am also installing new billet MMR OPGs and am doing it with the Whipple install and thought I would get some kind of discount because most of the parts will be off, but no. Lethal said it takes 14 hours to install OPG and they will only take off 2 hours from the cost so it is going to cost me $1,400 in labor for them to do OPGs with the supercharger, unbelievable. Total cost with stage 2 3.8 Whipple, long tube headers, OPGs, and professional tune comes to $20,000, OUCH... I did not want to take a chance with the motor failing due to OPG after investing so much money.

Thank you for letting me know how awesome it is to have the Whipple and is awesome that you could install yourself. Lethal is charging $2,500 for just the Whipple labor.
So, Did I read that right? You're going to put the Whipple 3.8 on a stock motor BUT you're changing the oil pump gears so you don't have any motor issues? Just my opinion, but you may want to rethink the 3.8...

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So, Did I read that right? You're going to put the Whipple 3.8 on a stock motor BUT you're changing the oil pump gears so you don't have any motor issues? Just my opinion, but you may want to rethink the 3.8...
Definitely going to need the big pulley.

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
Quick Update on my car.
#1. I have the issue with the paddles showing on the dash at all times.

#2. The hot "restart" issue has also cropped up. During the winter it was non existent. As the weather has warmed the hot restart issue has showed its face. I do DW400. I have not engaged with Whipple about either as of yet.

Otherwise, still loving the car.

Valiant

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Val
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT in Eruption Green
Quick Update on my car.
#1. I have the issue with the paddles showing on the dash at all times.

#2. The hot "restart" issue has also cropped up. During the winter it was non existent. As the weather has warmed the hot restart issue has showed its face. I do DW400. I have not engaged with Whipple about either as of yet.

Otherwise, still loving the car.
I have the paddle issue too. But I think whipple does it somehow to trick the car into thinking its in sports mode at all times is my guess?

Unless its not
Sponsored