Sponsored

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
To be fair I have minimal drive time with the Whipple on their tune, and years on the Roush tuned by Lund.
The Lund tuned Roush had slightly better response and power from very low rpm, like 2000. Whipple stock tune has plenty of power, maybe the same as the Roush but doesnt really pull until about 3,500 rpm.
In terms of power there isnt much difference but Im not tuned at the moment
appreciate the insight man. The lower RPM power band sounds kind of nice
Sponsored

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Lol I just order it 10mins thanks!!!

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Nice job...man, I'd love to boost mine!! Trying to convince the wife why I need more HP. Just a quick question, what specialty tools did you need or wish you had?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Good luck. I told my wife put supercharger on Mach 1 or I was going to trade it for a GT500 šŸ˜œ

Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
How are you liking the power from the whipple tune? Though I havent driven mine quite enough yet, I am not impressed with their tune/power output so far. Curious as to your feel for it?
With a custom tune, I picked up 51 hp, 43 tq and a couple mpg over the Whipple tune and peak power was extended from 7,000 to 7,900rpm

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
How does the whipple compare to the roush supercharger? I've been debating back and forth between the two brands.
The Whipple makes more power out of the box than Roush, it is physically larger at 3.0 liters compared to 2.65. Whippleā€™s screw compressor is more efficient than the Roush roots style lobes, Whipple has a larger more efficient intercooler, heat exchanger and a larger throttle body. The Whipple will make more power per pound of boost, have lower IATā€™s and isnā€™t as prone to heat soak. Roush has zero advantages over Whipple. Roush buys their rotor pack from TVS, as does Edelbrock, VMP and Magnuso. All 3 other brands have better intercooler designs and larger throttle bodies than Roush, and I would also choose any of the 3 over Roush as well.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
With a custom tune, I picked up 51 hp, 43 tq and a couple mpg over the Whipple tune and peak power was extended from 7,000 to 7,900rpm
Where'd you start with the whipple tune hp and where'd ya finish with the aftermarket tune?

Who did your tune as well? Any other supporting mods?

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Nice job...man, I'd love to boost mine!! Trying to convince the wife why I need more HP. Just a quick question, what specialty tools did you need or wish you had?
Superchargers whine, wives whine. Choose wiselyā€¦.

you just need basic hand tools, the only specialty tool you need for the Whipple is the crimp tool for the collar that attaches the fuel line to the in tank pump and the tool to remove the lock ring on the fuel hat is easier to use than the hammer and screwdriver method.

Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
maybe think about a pedal commander
All pedal commanders do is make the throttle ā€œfeelā€ more sensitive, which can be accomplished in a tune. The Whipple tune leaves a lot to be desired, so a custom tune is the best solution that will also pick up HP, TQ and MPG. Pedal commanders and other similar devices yield no measurable performance gain and money is better spent elsewhere.

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Where'd you start with the whipple tune hp and where'd ya finish with the aftermarket tune?

Who did your tune as well? Any other supporting mods?
I have ARH catted headers and Magnaflow Competition 3ā€ full exhaust. With the Whipple tune it made 622 on the supplied 3.875 pulley, with just a tune it picked up the 51/43 then with a 3.625 pulley it made 732/588 on pump gas this is on my 2020 GT, my 2018 GT350 made 435 completely stock, with Whipple stage 2 with 150mm throttle body, CJ intake tube, PNR ice tank, ID10x injectors, twin boost a pumps, ARH catless headers, Corsa valved exhaust, OPG & CS made 757 on pump gas and 910 on e85 tuning was done at Papiniā€™s Garage in Temecula CA

Hahny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
About a week ago I finished a self-install Whipple stage 2 on my 2022 A10 GT. Thought I would push out some take aways from the experience. Disclaimer, I have ā€œnotā€ used a custom tune, so I do not have any comparison opinions. I am aware there is more HP/TQ with other tuners though.

Installation:

Kit quality is great. Engineering with clearances is great. I saw a few places with the installation manual that had prior years info and maybe pictures but nothing to cause a work stoppage during the install. Whipple should mention a tank lock ring removal tool for the pump install. I tried the hammer screwdriver and didnā€™t like beating on it so I ordered the $20 tool and it made the ring removal a 30 sec job.

I chose to remove the wipers and cowling completely. It did make things easier. Also chose to remove the battery box and firewall support brace next to the rear right bank. Also, to make things easier. I recommend doing both.

One area of issue I had was with installing the reservoir. I have a 401A optioned car with collision avoidance. There is a bracket that supports the sensor that Whipple tells you to utilize the OEM rear bracket mount stud. Problem I had with that is the stud was not long enough (reservoir bracket + grommet + bushing). No threads to start it let alone allow it to have enough threads to lock. I had to find something thinner but still have shock absorbing properties.

Drivability:

This is a daily driver car, on track for 20k miles first year. I went with the Whipple tune for the near stock drivability since I donā€™t have many complaints with the OEM feel except for holding 9/10 gears at 50 mph and for the mentioned conservative tune since it is a full on daily.

I am very happy to report that the cars drivability is fantastic. I am very surprised with how OEM the car feels. I little bit of gear whine and injector noise during normal conditions. If you didnā€™t know the car you wouldnā€™t know what lies under the hood. VERY VERY happy with drivability. Transmission changes seems to have happen as well with this calibration. Gone is the hold high gears at low speeds and just a tad bit more firmness in drive. I would place it somewhere in the middle between drive and sport, leaning more to drive.

When you hit the go pedal, I thought I saw Jesus! Itā€™s everything your expecting and everything your reading. How technology has made possible a vehicle with so much power and brute strength still be capable of OEM drivability.

Iā€™ve only driven the car for a week but initial thoughts is worth every dime.
Excellent write up man. Iā€™m glad to hear that you are enjoying your new Whipple.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
For me, these 2 items made things easier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012CRAKWG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share so . So I could remove wiper blades and cover.
I must be dumb.I got wipers off,but I thought cowling would just lift off.Is there a trick to it?
To take the entire plastic upper cover off the wipers have to come off. The tool makes it easy is all. But, it's not required to accomplish the install. I like to get things out of the way if I can. Purely optional.
Sponsored