Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The ford 10r80 is nothing like GM 10L?? In the Camaro.My buddy camaro SS 1LE 10sp
Is way better the mine.maybe it tuning or hardware.but it just seem to drive much better
It's the same hardware, just different control units and calibrations
Sponsored

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
Iā€™m starting to install my whipple on my 2021 Mach 1 next week.Got it about a month ago.Glad to hear about the near stock Drivability.I was going back and forth between stage 1&2 was not sure about the 132mm thottlebody and its Drivability
The 132 driveabilkity is like stock, now the 150 takes some tuning and then some more tuning to get the drivability like stock

Racinjason65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1M-82
I be wonder when getting a calibration file out of car with the supplied whipple tuner can u still run the car.I know u have to install the whipple tune before u start car up after installing supercharger kit
No, the car wonā€™t run with the Whipple and the factory tune, with the larger injectors, you need a tune, the car wonā€™t idle and it you did get it to do anything more than idle, youā€™d probably hurt the motor.

cidthekid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2017 Procharged Mustang
Just ordered this exact kit for my 21. Mind if I hit you up if and when I get stuck
About a week ago I finished a self-install Whipple stage 2 on my 2022 A10 GT. Thought I would push out some take aways from the experience. Disclaimer, I have ā€œnotā€ used a custom tune, so I do not have any comparison opinions. I am aware there is more HP/TQ with other tuners though.

Installation:

Kit quality is great. Engineering with clearances is great. I saw a few places with the installation manual that had prior years info and maybe pictures but nothing to cause a work stoppage during the install. Whipple should mention a tank lock ring removal tool for the pump install. I tried the hammer screwdriver and didnā€™t like beating on it so I ordered the $20 tool and it made the ring removal a 30 sec job.

I chose to remove the wipers and cowling completely. It did make things easier. Also chose to remove the battery box and firewall support brace next to the rear right bank. Also, to make things easier. I recommend doing both.

One area of issue I had was with installing the reservoir. I have a 401A optioned car with collision avoidance. There is a bracket that supports the sensor that Whipple tells you to utilize the OEM rear bracket mount stud. Problem I had with that is the stud was not long enough (reservoir bracket + grommet + bushing). No threads to start it let alone allow it to have enough threads to lock. I had to find something thinner but still have shock absorbing properties.

Drivability:

This is a daily driver car, on track for 20k miles first year. I went with the Whipple tune for the near stock drivability since I donā€™t have many complaints with the OEM feel except for holding 9/10 gears at 50 mph and for the mentioned conservative tune since it is a full on daily.

I am very happy to report that the cars drivability is fantastic. I am very surprised with how OEM the car feels. I little bit of gear whine and injector noise during normal conditions. If you didnā€™t know the car you wouldnā€™t know what lies under the hood. VERY VERY happy with drivability. Transmission changes seems to have happen as well with this calibration. Gone is the hold high gears at low speeds and just a tad bit more firmness in drive. I would place it somewhere in the middle between drive and sport, leaning more to drive.

When you hit the go pedal, I thought I saw Jesus! Itā€™s everything your expecting and everything your reading. How technology has made possible a vehicle with so much power and brute strength still be capable of OEM drivability.

Iā€™ve only driven the car for a week but initial thoughts is worth every dime.
Howā€™s it driving now?

Just ordered this exact kit for my 21. Mind if I hit you up if and when I get stuck?

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
Sure. Still driving great.

Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
How are you liking the power from the whipple tune? Though I havent driven mine quite enough yet, I am not impressed with their tune/power output so far. Curious as to your feel for it?

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
How are you liking the power from the whipple tune? Though I havent driven mine quite enough yet, I am not impressed with their tune/power output so far. Curious as to your feel for it?
Iā€™m hoping it wakeā€™s up Mach 1 .going to start my install next weekend.I got her all clean up Sunday & got bumper off
I bin driving Mu 03 cobra with a kenne bell 2.2L at 18psi and that bitch hit hard down low (rpm)
68728C7E-EBFA-43FF-9DAF-15DECC341079.jpeg

OP
OP
bryontro

bryontro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Whipple Stage 2
I think that depends on the "intent". For me, I am liking the tune. It's a little soft on throttle response, car acts a lot like OEM when normal driving. But this is a true daily for me and reliability matters. Hopefully the conservative tune isn't miss placed trust but I'm hoping it has impact.
I only real gripe is I can't see IAT2 (MCT) temps in real time. Custom tune will give me that. For now, I'm good with it. 295's on the back and struggle is real. lol

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
maybe think about a pedal commander

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
How does it drive with advance trac off?

Sponsored

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
How does the whipple compare to the roush supercharger? I've been debating back and forth between the two brands.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
How does the whipple compare to the roush supercharger? I've been debating back and forth between the two brands.
To be fair I have minimal drive time with the Whipple on their tune, and years on the Roush tuned by Lund.
The Lund tuned Roush had slightly better response and power from very low rpm, like 2000. Whipple stock tune has plenty of power, maybe the same as the Roush but doesnt really pull until about 3,500 rpm.
In terms of power there isnt much difference but Im not tuned at the moment

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Just started with the install got bumper off and going to take cowling & wiper too.how do wiper come off. been pulling them up and trying to get them off with no success. Just thought there might be a trick to it.

cidthekid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Vehicle(s)
2017 Procharged Mustang
Just started with the install got bumper off and going to take cowling & wiper too.how do wiper come off. been pulling them up and trying to get them off with no success. Just thought there might be a trick to it.
When you find out post the instructions here! Canā€™t wait to get mine installed in a few weeks.

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Will do.I donā€™t think they need to be pointing up.
Sponsored