2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Reinyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
13 FRS 22 Mach 1 on order cries in -10 horsepower
I thought twister orange was not a option for 2022?

Correct it's not. It was late in the year when I ordered this one but they told me I'd be getting a 21.

I've put in a consecutive order for a 22 in Eruption Green :)
Sponsored

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang LX, 1991 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT
the 6MT is slightly less efficient so gets hit with it. The A10 squeeks past the cutoff.
Thanks! This is the first time I've ordered a car. My last 3 Mustangs were bought off the lot.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
the 6MT is slightly less efficient so gets hit with it. The A10 squeeks past the cutoff.
Yeah the 6MT was REALLY close to avoiding it too, but didn't make it. Sucks because in my real world experience it beats the MPG rating, city and highway. I was surprised how many highway MPG I could squeeze out if it, rivaling my old S197 which DID not have the GGT.

I'm pretty sure I'm beating the minimum MPG specs for GGT so its an extra slap in the face.

Meanwhile thirsty trucks minivians and SUVS pay nothing.... Yep that is government for ya. If you can't tell this GGT BUGS me.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Order confirmation Date: 11/2/21
Priority Code: 19
Estimated Build Date (If showing): N/A
Options: FJG, 700A, 10spd, Appearance, Elite, Magnetic Painted Wheels, Navigation, No Gas Guzzler Tax :cool:
Shipped Date: N/A
Received Date: N/A
1 mpg activates the Gas Guzzler Tax..... BOOOOO!!

Sponsored

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
What is this Gas Guzzler Tax thing? Mine shows $0. I thought is was a NV thing. They do like to tax us here. LOL
Auto vs. Manual. 1 mpg difference activates the tax.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
1 mpg activates the Gas Guzzler Tax..... BOOOOO!!
surely if they are going to neuter the engine by 10HP they could have neutered it to the point they got the 1MPG back and save the consumer the fine?

Then sell a Mach1 PowerPak for $300 that no only gives the 10HP back (more?) and removes the shackles put in place for the 1MPG 'find'.

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
surely if they are going to neuter the engine by 10HP they could have neutered it to the point they got the 1MPG back and save the consumer the fine?

Then sell a Mach1 PowerPak for $300 that no only gives the 10HP back (more?) and removes the shackles put in place for the 1MPG 'find'.
I know

Agreed!!!

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I don't like how they keep the cars active on the sites and take a bunch of backups behind you. Have you taken title yet? I am in the same boat as they ship the car from a northern dealer to my dealer.
They just went through the paperwork today that I overnighted back to them on Wednesday. It "should" be done now.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
They just went through the paperwork today that I overnighted back to them on Wednesday. It "should" be done now.
Congrats man! I am awaiting that step. Are they shipping to you without seeing it first? I have to decide.

Sponsored

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

i'm sure they don't really care about us but that would have been a great idea. was it the BOSS cars that had some kind of track key? i'm sure theres a way to neuter the car as you said and a simple fix could be sold afterwards to the consumer for "off road use" that opens it up to 100%

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Congrats man! I am awaiting that step. Are they shipping to you without seeing it first? I have to decide.
I got a few pictures that I posted in the other thread. Other than that, it is something that I will handle and if I need my warranty, it's there. I was just concerned about getting the car here in one piece and the thing not being stolen off the lot since I keep seeing more and more stories of higher end cars being stolen straight off dealer lots. This dealer even mentioned losing a few at one point.

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I got a few pictures that I posted in the other thread. Other than that, it is something that I will handle and if I need my warranty, it's there. I was just concerned about getting the car here in one piece and the thing not being stolen off the lot since I keep seeing more and more stories of higher end cars being stolen straight off dealer lots. This dealer even mentioned losing a few at one point.
Go it. They are bringing mine from TN to FL where it had sat for eight weeks. I can ship it the 350 miles to S FL or fly up and inspect and drive home. It's a toss-up but I know anything cosmetic will not be covered. I hear most the thefts are hellcats. I have never bought a car without seeing it yet. New world....

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Go it. They are bringing mine from TN to FL where it had sat for eight weeks. I can ship it the 350 miles to S FL or fly up and inspect and drive home. It's a toss-up but I know anything cosmetic will not be covered. I hear most the thefts are hellcats. I have never bought a car without seeing it yet. New world....
Yeah, especially one this expensive. Given the exclusivity of it now, not much of a choice. Either YOLO it or miss out and order a 2022.

I did this same thing with a 2013 Scion FR-S when it came out. It was still worth it although I had the opportunity to walk away if I didn't like it. Barely fit in that car and I'm 6'6".

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
Yeah, especially one this expensive. Given the exclusivity of it now, not much of a choice. Either YOLO it or miss out and order a 2022.

I did this same thing with a 2013 Scion FR-S when it came out. It was still worth it although I had the opportunity to walk away if I didn't like it. Barely fit in that car and I'm 6'6".
I'm 6'4 Did you get Recaro or regular seats? My last GT was Recaro and a tight fit for me. Went with non Recaro this time.
Sponsored