2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
My order was 6 days after yours but no email for me im about ready to buy something else good luck with yours
Not to be rude, and you can obviously do whatever you want, but my order was 3 months before yours and I have not received any news either. Not to mention the fact that several people who had canceled 2021 orders and reordered for 2022 also still haven’t heard anything. This process was always going to be a test of patience, and it should be expected that there are long waits and vague communication. I’m not saying that’s how it should be, but considering the circumstances that’s just unfortunately how it is.
Sponsored

Gecko50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang Coupe, 1991 GT Hatch, 2015 GT Coupe
So a bit long winded BUT....my wife posted earlier about the stealer marking up to the new cost. After a discussion with DW, I said ya know we now purchased 3 cars from the same sales person. She is nice, BUT. I WILL NEVER EVER buy another vehicle from that dealer and maybe Ford again. We also
20180310_1813561.jpg
have a 2020 Denali diesel to tow my race car a 87 mustang coupe, As stated earlier I will give the LOWEST rating for the sale. Its a matter of customer satisfaction we put down $500.00 bucks with a price on the M1. The paperwork shows total price and the sales person said the only change may be shipment due to shipping cost (Yes it was verbal). Well I also called the dealer preferred shop to apply ceramic coating. The shop said the best is a protection film on the front and total ceramic coat on the rest of the vehicle. Convo continued that the dealer likes to mark up their cost for "Their profit margins"" He said I can pay them direct we thought finance the entire cost, but now I can just pay cash to the shop. Now its my total commitment that the stealer move my car immediately BEFORE any shop prep work right off the trailer. Flatrock said the transport would be convoy... BUT stealer said its is on the rail. I told dealer when it arrived at the rail yard I want to be notified immediately when it goes from the rail yard to the dealer so I can be there. I want it so they can do a total paint inspection before any foreign hands touch the vehicle. My wife second M1 as she had one back in the 70's but this is speshal order with the handling package! Again last Ford, to bad profits before customers and loosing future sales!

Chuck

Gecko50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Sorry its not a M1 in my post. But my Ford blood is blue but is changing like a chameleon or a gecko.

Chuck

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
Not to be rude, and you can obviously do whatever you want, but my order was 3 months before yours and I have not received any news either. Not to mention the fact that several people who had canceled 2021 orders and reordered for 2022 also still haven’t heard anything. This process was always going to be a test of patience, and it should be expected that there are long waits and vague communication. I’m not saying that’s how it should be, but considering the circumstances that’s just unfortunately how it is.
So if you want to wait longer thats on you, My dealer never informed me of this before i ordered he told me 4 months id have my car, well it never happened i have 10 old hot rods il just stick with them. maybe if you wait another 6 months you might see yours

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just got another email this morning that my car shipped and is on its way to Granger.

Sponsored

Gecko50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
So if you want to wait longer thats on you, My dealer never informed me of this before i ordered he told me 4 months id have my car, well it never happened i have 10 old hot rods il just stick with them. maybe if you wait another 6 months you might see yours
We are in our 8 month. We knew it would be a long haul and expected as such. We are lucky I guess but maybe unlucky as to stealer markup guess we find out in a couple of weeks.

Chuck.

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
We are in our 8 month. We knew it would be a long haul and expected as such. We are lucky I guess but maybe unlucky as to stealer markup guess we find out in a couple of weeks.

Chuck.
Yea chuck they never informed me of this, i never knew it was like this till i joined this forum at that time was when i felt i probably made a mistake, good thing that came from it was i saved enough to pay cash for the car im sure it will come in handy in the future

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just so you know it's been 1 full year since I ordered my 2021 and it's just now shipping as a 2022. Most dealers really don't know anything about what's going on with Mach 1's except the high volume ones like Granger or Chapman but even then they have limited insight as to what the hold up is. I was told I would have my car in October and it got canceled due to shortages. I ended up finding one on a dealer lot at MSRP so I got very lucky and snagged it.

Spec1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clinton
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1 Hp
I’ve been waiting since June 2021. I was told to expect a vehicle in September 2021 however I was delayed to re-ordered in December 2021 this long wait has allowed pay off credit cards. That my benefit of waiting. Patient is important

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Got a question... when is a car considered invoiced? I just talked to my dealer about the cost increases on the pkgs for my Mach 1 I order I ordered in Oct 2021 and paid a $500 down on. She's telling me that I don't have the price protection on the cost increases. I have a Preview Order that I signed 10/13/2021. Doesn't that lock in the total cost of the car? My window sticker is $3220 more.
Here is what Zach posted last year about price protection. He provided Ford's Price Protection Program document that you can show your dealer. The dealer does get an automatic reimbursement after the sale if the car was sold to the original person on the retail/custom order.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/price-protection-new-vehicle-orders.161430/

Sponsored

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

Colls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colleen
Vehicle(s)
1987 Mustang LX, 1991 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
@dealerinsider being nowhere to be found in any of these threads, speaks for itself.
@dealerinsider knows it's basically stealing from the customer. I don't doubt that they file these price protection documents after the sale and then pocket the money Ford gives them. Being up front about that would affect the amount of sales they get off these forums (which I imagine is a good chunk), so they won't acknowledge it.

I'll be sure to take that price protection document in with me when I go to pick up my car and tell Chapman that if they don't give me the price difference, I will be giving them a not-so-glowing review when Ford asks me how my experience was.

I could have bought one at MSRP back in January at almost the same price as what I'm going to be paying now, for fuck's sake.

/rant

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I've noticed a few people announce theirs' arriving early. It's certainly nice to hear things moving in that direction versus the other. You can see from my experience how even information from the dealer is not 100%, through no fault of their own.

When I thought ours had arrived early at the CO depot the other day, the dealer checked the Ford/shipper systems. The last Union Pacific rail update showed things in Chicago. But that update was five days old; that's all he had. United Rail's was near real-time.

I'm an expect the worst, pray for the best kind of person. If you have a date in July, stick with that. Once you see shipped, check with the dealer maybe once a week on the rail status, and use the United Road link for zeroing in on the final leg. Hopefully, you and others will be rewarded with a sooner-than-expected arrival.
I have a family member who works for U P and just like most forms of transportation they are backed up. High demand + labor shortage = gridlock

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Thank You! I printed it and will take it with me when my Mach 1 gets here.
Another interesting point is that having a signed agreement isn't mentioned anywhere in Zach's post or Ford's document. Only that the retail order must be submitted with your name and that you purchase that ordered vehicle (Ford must verify this before sending the reimbursement). I'd still want to have a signed document showing the agreed price, though.
Sponsored