You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I would own one. The the 1967 GT500 is burned into my soul as the greatest Shelby ever made. This car, in that color combination is home run.

No matter what they the do, or don’t do with this car, people will always want more, or think it’s not enough. Can’t please everyone.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No matter what they the do, or don’t do with this car, people will always want more, or think it’s not enough. Can’t please everyone.
Sure you can. Its going to take more than a coat of paint and a name slapped onto it to do it. For instance, you dropped over 30K for a SE Shelby edition. Ford could have done all that and more for probably less. Now that would be a good way to pay tribute to the GT500 heritage.

It has already been demonstrated that people line up around the block for this car and pay way over sticker to get it. A very special limited run of engineered weight reduction (and yes, that means lots of carbon fiber and other weight reduction strategies) along with the paint and badging would have had me selling my car to buy one. I think if it was something truly special, people would dig into their pockets for that.

So no. Slapping a coat of paint on a car and labeling it a heritage edition for the sake of hype and marketing doesn't really do it for me. I would have expected a bigger effort if the intent was to pay tribute to (most likely) the last GT500 having a big block V8.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
maybe it's the lighting in the pic but the new one has way too much silver in it. A more faithful match to Brittney would look better IMO.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
Low production number GT500s imo will be the most valuable down the road. I have number 712 and I know in the forum there is some here a lot lower than that. And mine is pre pandemic built as well which should be interesting if that is ever talked about in the future.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Sure you can. Its going to take more than a coat of paint and a name slapped onto it to do it. For instance, you dropped over 30K for a SE Shelby edition. Ford could have done all that and more for probably less. Now that would be a good way to pay tribute to the GT500 heritage.

It has already been demonstrated that people line up around the block for this car and pay way over sticker to get it. A very special limited run of engineered weight reduction (and yes, that means lots of carbon fiber and other weight reduction strategies) along with the paint and badging would have had me selling my car to buy one. I think if it was something truly special, people would dig into their pockets for that.

So no. Slapping a coat of paint on a car and labeling it a heritage edition for the sake of hype and marketing doesn't really do it for me. I would have expected a bigger effort if the intent was to pay tribute to (most likely) the last GT500 having a big block V8.
All I am saying is, they can't please everyone no matter what the decided to do. To your point, I purchased the SE package for my car, but there are plenty of things that I would have done differently. It's a package they chose, not one I got to pick, so there will always be things that don't please everyone.

Just so you know, I agree that it would be nice if they included more than just a color and a HE specific side stripe (and perhaps they will) , but I don't get to make that decision. The color is spectacular, and it will sell itself I am sure. I would be happy to add this one to my collection.

OP
OP
Epiphany

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I'm now of the understanding there will be no special chassis plate on the dash like on the HEP GT350's but also that everything hasn't been finalized and could be subject to change. Mr Owens, come on, that makes no sense. The paint and stripes are a nice touch. Something on the inside for this bon voyage edition is a must do.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm now of the understanding there will be no special chassis plate on the dash like on the HEP GT350's but also that everything hasn't been finalized and could be subject to change. Mr Owens, come on, that makes no sense. The paint and stripes are a nice touch. Something on the inside for this bon voyage edition is a must do.
I am betting the details have not been ironed out yet. Like you, I think (at the very least) they should include HE plaque to the interior.

It' s a shame they don't allow the side stripe with POTTS, this car would look killer as a CFTP version, with the side stripes. This color is probably the ONE color I would have chosen over FPB.

Sponsored

rp930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, 2019 Ranger, 2015 MB GLK250
Low production number GT500s imo will be the most valuable down the road. I have number 712 and I know in the forum there is some here a lot lower than that. And mine is pre pandemic built as well which should be interesting if that is ever talked about in the future.
Unless it’s less than number 100 I don’t see it mattering much. I can’t see why the pandemic would matter at all.