Sponsored

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Without staring a new thread, what's the deal with ceramic coating ?? Does it really enhance the appearance ?? How does it perform on light colors vs black "" How much should a guy pay for the coating ??

Thanks
in advance
It works to shed dirt etc.
Meh. Makes it easier to clean main benefit. Do paint correction first, that helps the appearance.
No difference.
Depends.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It works to shed dirt etc.
Meh. Makes it easier to clean main benefit. Do paint correction first, that helps the appearance.
No difference.
Depends.
Agreed, although some coatings can give more of that wet shine appearance. @oregongt350 how light a color? I generally agree with @Houston Kid that there isn’t a major difference between dark and light colors, although I do think darker colors can show off the shine a little better than say a white or light silver color but it’s splitting hairs at that point. Paint correction and preparation is the key to the coating. Here’s mine right after I did my coating last fall, it’s Grabber Blue Metallic so a lighter color. Benefits are the car and wheels are easier to clean and the hydrophobic properties are awesome. Mine is a beader but some are sheeters. I’d advocate doing it yourself if you have the means, it’s not a whole lot different than applying a wax or sealant, the work time to apply and remove is just a little shorter. Otherwise, pricing really depends on the detailer and what you choose to have done.

6E12D72C-3BE7-42B6-B83E-F3123F8EC27B.jpeg

F6021DBE-9848-423B-8CB0-BFDBD1A10F54.jpeg

mrmercherz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Shelby GT500 ,1984 Ford Mustang GT350
@op Did they have to remove your vinyl stripes to do the PPF? I had some shop near me tell me that's what they had to do which put me off doing PPF. Don't like the idea of removing stripes and having them put back on just won't feel the same.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Why would they insist on that. None of my cars have I removed the stripes to install ppf. Find another shop. Also, whoever you use make sure there using a plotter with patterns, not hand cutting the entire install.

@op Did they have to remove your vinyl stripes to do the PPF? I had some shop near me tell me that's what they had to do which put me off doing PPF. Don't like the idea of removing stripes and having them put back on just won't feel the same.

OP
OP
Ezatnova

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
no. I found a shop that did it “right” in my opinion. They did the painted areas and not the stripes, and then cut PPF the size of the stripes and went over them separately.
Same height discrepancy as stock going from paint to stripe, and of course zero air bubble lines doing it like that.

on a Heritage you do NOT need to remove the side stripes because if you look closely, Ford put the whole GT500 and triple stripe on ONE clear sticker. So it’s not raised in all the edges. AND it’s much much thinner than the over the top stripes. So just PPF right over that on your rockers, and there won’t be air bubble lines because the decal is so thin, unlike the vinyl over the top stripes.

Last edited:

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
As the classic saying goes, "a rose by any other name would smell as sweet", well in this case, call it Harry Potter, Hurkalees Edition, or Heritage Edition, this is one monster beast! Congratulations and hope you enjoy every mile of it!
Sponsored