Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Where exactly are those shipping blocks? I ask, because someday my Mach 1 will be at the dealership and I want to check. Thanks.

They are plastic blocks put on the springs to increase the ride height for getting the cars on/off the trucks. See this video of them on a pre-delivery inspection........jump to 9m 55s

Sponsored

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
Check this one out too. Can see the shipping blocks still there lol

Tshenberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis M1908
So, the question is, is that why there is that space between the tire and the fender?
I would say yes based on what I’ve seen without the blocks

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Concerning level of knowledge/care at the Dealer level when you repeatedly see this type of thing.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I ordered the front splitter and rear wing and gurney flap at Ford when picking my car up. First PN ending in AB is gurney flap. Second ending in AA is the spoiler. I’ll post the splitter PN shortly.
I've added these to the Mach1 Part Numbers Sheet, thanks. If you have any other part numbers that can be added feel free to tag me and I'll get them added.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How much is needed to be done for swapping out to a 3:73 with Torsen.

Not sure if the cooling needs to be considered in any way?

Is there a re-tune needed or something that can be fixed through a dealer/n-gauge or similar for changing the gearing software wise

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Here's a question that I have not seen covered.
Can all season / winter tires be mounted on these different size wheels ? If no tire maker makes tires for both size rims can you use , or is it advisable to mount two different tire makers for front rims and rear rims ?

Front rim 19x10.5
Rear rim 19x11

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Here's a question that I have not seen covered.
Can all season / winter tires be mounted on these different size wheels ? If no tire maker makes tires for both size rims can you use , or is it advisable to mount two different tire makers for front rims and rear rims ?

Front rim 19x10.5
Rear rim 19x11
Unfortunately there are no all season is factory sizes. The closest thing I have found is Michelin 4s but that is not an all season, it’s just an improvement over the sc2’s. The 4s would require you to go to 325’s in the rear.
Hopefully Michelin brings us the as3+ or something similar.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
or is it advisable to mount two different tire makers for front rims and rear rims ?
This is never advisable. Different tire compounds can really throw off the handling of a car. Recommendation would be to buy a separate set of wheels/tires for low temperature driving.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see a problem with winter tyres, there's Michelin Pilot Alpin PA4 in both 255/40 and 275/40 R19. I'll get another set of wheels for these winter tyres.

There's also Nokian WR Snowproof P, Goodyear UltraGrip Performance+ or Pirelli SottoZero III in both sizes so plenty to choose from.

305/30 or 315/30 R19 don't exist for winter tyres here and I wouldn't want to run those widths on those great looking HP wheels in winter anyway, best to get a separate set of wheels with regular tyre sizes for winter.

I would never recommend all-season tyres to anyone, they're mediocre for summer and not great for winter either (but that depends on the kind of winter you have, no snow or ice like in Florida could be fine for all-season).

This is high performance car and it deserves high performance tyres, best for the best :wink:

Last edited:

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
This is never advisable. Different tire compounds can really throw off the handling of a car. Recommendation would be to buy a separate set of wheels/tires for low temperature driving.
I kinda thought something along those lines. Thanks

Last edited:

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
Anybody wants to sell a set of these? :)

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
Unfortunately there are no all season is factory sizes. The closest thing I have found is Michelin 4s but that is not an all season, it’s just an improvement over the sc2’s. The 4s would require you to go to 325’s in the rear.
Hopefully Michelin brings us the as3+ or something similar.
Here in Germany there is wider choice of High Performance all-season tires on the market compared to the very slim pickings when the S550 Mustang first came onto the market in 2015. Hopefully some good choices for all-season High Performance tires for the Mach 1 before too long.

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
I might have missed it somewhere, but are these the actual style coming on the HP cars, or are they going to be the ones listed on the Ford build site?
Sponsored