no FRP tune for the HPP

zrx4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
randy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
no FRPP tune for the HPP. please don't post alternatives, this is just a FYI for HPP owners.

Techline, FordPerformance (.) ([email protected])To:you Details

Randy-

Unfortunately, it is my understanding that there will not be a calibration for the 2.3 HPP cars. Our engineers were unable to make any additional power, and still pass emissions.

Matt Korczyk
Ford Performance Info Center
Ford Performance Parts Vehicle Coordinator
(800) 367-3788
Sponsored

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
bummer

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Good/bad. At the very least, you have to know they did what they could with the stock cal given the stock architecture of the platform. I wonder if they have a more stringent emissions target than the Focus RS, which had a bit more power?

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Good/bad. At the very least, you have to know they did what they could with the stock cal given the stock architecture of the platform. I wonder if they have a more stringent emissions target than the Focus RS, which had a bit more power?
I am speculating a bit but I bet they tailored the HPP for a broader and Mustang / more muscle-car audience than the FoRS, which was aimed at the hot hatch /track crowd. So probably a thicker torque curve at lower rpms (even if peak tq is the same), maybe at the sacrifice of a little top end power for track work. There's a lot of overlap as I'm sure plenty of HPP owners intend to do track work, but they aim the engine for what they think people will want when checking the car out. I'll bet there's no reason they were prevented from using exactly the same engine hw and tune as the FoRS. Again, I'm guessing...
Sponsored