COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
2020 Mustang EcoBoost HPP Stage 3 Off The Shelf Maps
2020-EBM-Stage-3.jpg

The COBB Tuning Accessport now includes Stage 3 Off The Shelf Maps (OTS) for the 2020 Mustang EcoBoost equipped with High Performance Package! Specific vehicles are

• USDM 2020 Mustang HPP EcoBoost AT
  • USDM 2020 Mustang HPP EcoBoost MT
  • EDM 2020 Mustang HPP EcoBoost AT
  • EDM 2020 Mustang HPP EcoBoost MT
These maps can be obtained on the Accessport via a Firmware update and using the Restore OTS Maps Feature in the "Tune" section. They can also be directly downloaded from cobbtuning.com.

Stage 3
The Stage 3 v101 maps take into account the full menu of common bolt-on modifications. The maps are available in both 91 and 93 octane. Both versions incorporate COBB Custom Features including:

More details on power gains and specific modification requirements are below.

91 Octane
The 91 Octane version of the Stage 3 map requires 91 octane (95 RON) or better. For power gains, Maximum gains are measured as the largest gain at any single RPM (point on x-axis) between the two plots. Peak gains refer to the difference between the two highest points anywhere along the full RPM range.

Stage-3-91-2020-EBM-HPP-1024x547.jpg

Hardware Requirements

Power Gains

• Peak Gains +15.15% TQ / 7.15% WHP
  • Max Gains +25.37% TQ / 25.37% WHP
Boost Level

• Up to ~24.5psi tapering to ~19.5psi by redline. (+/- 2psi).
93 Octane
The 93 Octane version of the Stage 3 map requires 93 octane (98 RON) or better. Just like above, the Maximum gains are measured as the largest gain at any single RPM (point on x-axis) between the two plots. Peak gains refer to the difference between the two highest points anywhere along the full RPM range.

Stage-3-93-2020-EBM-HPP-1024x547.jpg

Hardware Requirements

Power Gains

• Peak Gains +15.92% TQ / 12.11% WHP
  • Max Gains +26.55% TQ / 26.55% WHP
Boost Level

• Up to ~24.5psi tapering to ~19.5psi by redline. (+/- 2psi).
*Note that while the Stage 3 OTS Maps are available, there is not a Stage 3 Power Package for the 2020 Mustangs equipped with active exhaust (this includes all HPP cars and non-HPP active exhaust cars). This is due to the lack of compatibility of the COBB Cat-back exhaust with the active exhaust valve on these vehicles.
Sponsored

Scootsmcgreggor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost turned GT
Interesting graphs. Curious if you have any insight as to why the HP taper near redline that the FoRS doesn't have when tuned?

Also not that we needed any more proof, but man this engine just needs octane.

OP
OP
COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
Interesting graphs. Curious if you have any insight as to why the HP taper near redline that the FoRS doesn't have when tuned?

Also not that we needed any more proof, but man this engine just needs octane.
A combination of turbo differences, along with cam and manifold differences, will allow the turbo in the RS to hold higher boost levels to redline and still stay within the turbo's efficiency range.

All of the EcoBoosts are definitely sensitive to octane!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
2 digits after the decimal point? That's quite a sensitive dyno, lol.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Thanks for your continued support! The AccessPort is an amazing little device.

Sponsored

krack999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
A combination of turbo differences, along with cam and manifold differences, will allow the turbo in the RS to hold higher boost levels to redline and still stay within the turbo's efficiency range.

All of the EcoBoosts are definitely sensitive to octane!
I'm at a loss here... I thought the new HPP mustang has an identical motor as the Focus RS, minus the intake manifold and turbo? This inlcudes the cam.

Does this mean the HPP mustang still has an inferior turbo compared to the Focus? It looked like both turbos have the same turbine size (50mm) and compressor size (63mm). Also, what could be done about the intake manifold to make it better? Its a composite part so I'm surprised no-one is trying to make a better one if this is such a performance restriction.

Regardless, I'm glad there is some support for the HPP mustang. However, I must say, it really appears Ford did a lot of extra specialized tuning for the HPP to really make it shine compared to the regular Ecoboost. It seems the better value would be to take a 2018 PP Ecoboost with an A10, change the cams to the FRPP cams, get an NX2 turbo, intercooler, exhaust, and a pro-tune with an access port versus spending an extra $5k from Ford for the the HPP option.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I'm at a loss here...

Regardless, I'm glad there is some support for the HPP mustang. However, I must say, it really appears Ford did a lot of extra specialized tuning for the HPP to really make it shine compared to the regular Ecoboost. It seems the better value would be to take a 2018 PP Ecoboost with an A10, change the cams to the FRPP cams, get an NX2 turbo, intercooler, exhaust, and a pro-tune with an access port versus spending an extra $5k from Ford for the the HPP option.
Keep in mind, that $5k changes things all over the car. It's a hell of a lot more than just 20 HP.
Sponsored