Sponsored

2020 HPP Learned Relative Octane, Data Problem ?

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP w/Handling Package, 2004 Boxster S, 2013 Jeep JK,
Vehicle Showcase
I have a stock (except for intercooler) 2020 HPP EcoBoost with 1,800 miles. It has only been filled with 93 octane.
I have data logged using OBD Fusion and ForScan for the last two tanks from different stations. The results for the Learned Relative Octane Rating stays at -0.0274046. I also manually entered the formula in the Torque App but the results were the same.
So is the OAR PID different for the 2020 HPP or is something else going on?
Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have heard it being referred to as Octane Adjust Ratio(“OAR”) or Learned Octane Ratio (LOR) with the optimal reading being”-1.0”. Are you sure you are using the correct gauge, as you refer to it as Learned Relative Octane.

On the Cobb Accessport you can pull up the timing gauges for each individual cylinder to see if timing is being pulled and if so, in which cylinder.

Can the current monitoring tools you are using do that?

OP
OP
JJSSI

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That is the only PID with "Octane" in the description. I believe they are the same.
It appears that the Cobb Accessport does work fine with the 2020 though the OAR is reported as KOM and the best is +1 instead of -1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJSSI

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I have seen that article and a lot of other articles and I have a pretty good understanding of how it works.
I think I need to find someone that has used an app like Forscan or OBD Fusion on a 2020 HPP to check the octane adjust rating / learned relative octane rating.
That could tell me if I am doing something incorrectly or the number is stuck or something changed with the 2020 HPP.
It seems to run fine and hits 22# boost. I have the stock tune.

Sponsored

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do you have a 1/4 mile track near you? It should run low to mid 13's. If it runs that, then the car is fine.

OP
OP
JJSSI

JJSSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Billy1, closest track is about 3 hours away. It feels like it would run mid 13s.
I'm guessing Ford made a change to the PID. I did a user defined PID with a few mods and the result is more in line with what it should be. Looks like Ford changed the OAR data to KOM (knock octane modifier) after 2017 with a positive 1 being best.
I still would like to hear from someone that data logged their 2020 Eco HPP with OBD Fusion, Forscan or Torque App.
Thanks for the responses.
Jim

Last edited:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep