Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Interesting. Curious how many GT500 VIN's are lower than mine (145)

Its awesome, but also not lol. That means of all the cars built that week, we are so far apart, we may be waiting a while for delivery
Last three digits on my VIN = 195
My GT350 was shipped by rail and it took 4 days to get to TX. Presume the same for the GT500.
Guessing early Oct until we take delivery (assuming no holds at the plant for these early builds..)
Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Yea I can get down with some Kettle One as well. Ill be picking the car up in Delaware.
Im getting quotes and checking out 3 different ceramic coating places now.
Come on guys you are buying a 100k car. The least you can do is get an 18 year old single malt scotch to sip on. Macallan 18 is my go to.

mannymo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang equip with 2.8 KB SuperCharger.
Good morning Everyone and congrats to everyone getting their VIN/ scheduled build dates. So yesterday I called performance and and provided them with the dealer # and order # but ford performance said noting was popping on their system he said to contact my dealer and maybe get a updated order # I will contact my dealer Monday. My biggest fear is they didn’t submit my order or didn’t get the the one allocation they were supposed to get. When I placed my order he sent me this. Any suggest on what should I do or requested from the dealer? Thanks everyone!
719DB168-59A3-4AAC-8205-B16C1AE5CE52.jpeg
05F37083-84E5-49D7-8DB5-8C7B36396A95.jpeg

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Good morning Everyone and congrats to everyone getting their VIN/ scheduled build dates. So yesterday I called performance and and provided them with the dealer # and order # but ford performance said noting was popping on their system he said to contact my dealer and maybe get a updated order # I will contact my dealer Monday. My biggest fear is they didn’t submit my order or didn’t get the the one allocation they were supposed to get. When I placed my order he sent me this. Any suggest on what should I do or requested from the dealer? Thanks everyone!
719DB168-59A3-4AAC-8205-B16C1AE5CE52.jpeg
05F37083-84E5-49D7-8DB5-8C7B36396A95.jpeg
They could have changed the order# like happened to me, for sure call the dealer Monday to confirm this. But yes also they could have never ordered the car if they did not get an allocation for 1.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
My GT350 was shipped by rail and it took 4 days to get to TX. Presume the same for the GT500.
Guessing early Oct until we take delivery (assuming no holds at the plant for these early builds..)
How long did it take to build? I was under the impression its roughly 30 days, then shipping, if ok to sell

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Chairman: Many thanks for the insight into transportation, your situation was mighty quick so I'm hoping the rest of us are as lucky.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
How long did it take to build? I was under the impression its roughly 30 days, then shipping, if ok to sell
Voodoo: (I almost abbreviated your name, "VD" but thought that would sound the wrong way. :-)

Call me stupid. I figured when Ford says a car will be built the week off, I foolishly assumed it would be completed that week. Obviously, from what you said V, that is not the case and in fact, the cars take longer to build than a week and therefive, each week's builds move into the next week's builds but ahead on the line. Is that about correct?

And if it takes that long, I'll be lucky to see mine by the first of December. Fortunately, unlike Ohio and other Northern locales, South Texas IS drivable in December. :-)

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It normally takes just a day or so to build the car.
Your window sticker will show a few dates:
1. Top center is the “Blend” date (that’s when all the parts are to be on the line to start assembly). After that, it’s only a day or so to complete the car.
2. Bottom, just to the left of center, is the date the sticker was printed. That is essentially the date it came off the production line.
If you have special features to add (like stripes, etc.), those cars go to another building for installation. That’s where the backlogs generally occur.
Then the car is shipped out in another day or so. Last time, FP even gave me the rail car number to track the shipment, and by the time I could get all the info, found that the rail car had arrived Mesquite, TX that day! I called the dealer to see if they knew and they sent a truck over to pick it up right away (they are about 10 minutes from the rail yard). I had the car the next afternoon.
For my GT350: Blend Date was 3/14/2016; Sticker print date was 3/17/2016, arrived TX 3/29/2016, and in my possession 3/30/2016. Exactly 16 days from Blend to me. And it had stripes installed at the plant.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
They could have changed the order# like happened to me, for sure call the dealer Monday to confirm this. But yes also they could have never ordered the car if they did not get an allocation for 1.
I would find that quite "troubling" indeed. Here's why : They know if they paid the $2,000 and joined the Shelby Club before the "deadline" which now has come and gone. So when I see that last sentence of "But yes also they could have never ordered the car if they did not get an allocation for 1 I say "WTF"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They know if they joined the club and got in under the time deadline.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
1. Top center is the “Blend” date (that’s when all the parts are to be on the line to start assembly). After that, it’s only a day or so to complete the car.
2. Bottom, just to the left of center, is the date the sticker was printed. That is essentially the date it came off the production line.
If you have special features to add (like stripes, etc.), those cars go to another building for installation. That’s where the backlogs generally occur.
Then the car is shipped out in another day or so. Last time, FP even gave me the rail car number to track the shipment, and by the time I could get all the info, found that the rail car had arrived Mesquite, TX that day! I called the dealer to see if they knew and they sent a truck over to pick it up right away (they are about 10 minutes from the rail yard). I had the car the next afternoon.
For my GT350: Blend Date was 3/14/2016; Sticker print date was 3/17/2016, arrived TX 3/29/2016, and in my possession 3/30/2016. Exactly 16 days from Blend to me. And it had stripes installed at the plant.
I agree that it "normally" just takes a day or two to build a car at the FRAP but in many cases especially when it comes to the GT350/GT350R's and now our GT500's it may and will take much more time than a day or two.

In the case of my 2015 GT350 it was built on July 25th, 2015 and because of various parts shortages I did not receive that car until January, 2016.

I also had a long delay with my 2016 R model as it was delayed a great deal because of the OTT stripes along with the CF wheels, CF wing and rear seat delete that had to be installed at the Mod Shop.

When it comes to our upcoming GT500's and especially the CFTP optioned cars I would suggest that we may all expect a delay due to the CF wheel and CF wing installation along with the rear seat delete option that comes with this car.

Also for those who have ordered Painted OTT stripes who knows how long that process will take especially if this process is being done by an off site third party?

Not trying to be negative regarding the production times for our GT500's and hope that the above processes move much more quickly than anticipated.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
PP001, how many epic mustangs have you owned or currently still own? Reading your messages makes me feel like you are the Tom Brady of Mustangs.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
wow, that really made my day.

I agree that it "normally" just takes a day or two to build a car at the FRAP but in many cases especially when it comes to the GT350/GT350R's and now our GT500's it may and will take much more time than a day or two.

In the case of my 2015 GT350 it was built on July 25th, 2015 and because of various parts shortages I did not receive that car until January, 2016.

I also had a long delay with my 2016 R model as it was delayed a great deal because of the OTT stripes along with the CF wheels, CF wing and rear seat delete that had to be installed at the Mod Shop.

When it comes to our upcoming GT500's and especially the CFTP optioned cars I would suggest that we may all expect a delay due to the CF wheel and CF wing installation along with the rear seat delete option that comes with this car.

Also for those who have ordered Painted OTT stripes who knows how long that process will take especially if this process is being done by an off site third party?

Not trying to be negative regarding the production times for our GT500's and hope that the above processes move much more quickly than anticipated.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Given a base GT500, and very very early build, would you say ^ his timeline is much more likely in my scenario?

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Given a base GT500, and very very early build, would you say ^ his timeline is much more likely in my scenario?
We can hope so. As PP0001 said, those with unique builds may have the most delays while they sort it out. Items like painted stripes and CFTPs have the most risk for delays.
On the other hand, building something this new can bring all sorts of unintended issues. My ‘99 Mustang Cobra took almost a year to be delivered and had several recalls to get it right. On the other hand, my ‘09 GT500KR and ‘16 GT350 have both had a trouble-free life.
Ford is trying hard to not put these unique cars out there and then have to fix something in the field.
At this point, us early build guys will have to grin and bear it for the others that come behind us. We can all hope our builds go smoothly! :whew:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

I would like to think so and wish you both the best with very early builds and looking forward to seeing what chassis numbers are assigned to your early cars?

With the GT350/R's and the GT500's going down the same assembly line in FR I am trying to determine if Ford will use the same chassis number designation for both the GT350/R and the GT500?

I suggest that the chassis numbers for the GT350/R's will continue to start with "LXXX" in the case of a regular GT350 and "LRXXX" in the case of the R model.

When it comes to the chassis numbers for your cars will Ford use the same scenario except will the chassis plate show as a GT500 and not a GT350/R?

Bottom line is the least complicated a car is from a build standpoint the better chance of getting it early.

Vinyl stripes versus painted stripes is a huge difference in timing and when it comes to rear seat delete, CF wheels and wing, OTT painted stripes this all adds significantly to the delay of getting a car early.

Once the Mod Shop gets involved you can expect some long delays in many cases.

Good luck to both of you going forward!

:like::like:

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
A dealer friend of mine sent me this VVR for a 2019 Mustang that was just produced. Checkout the time between "Body Shop" and "Released". Keep in mind that there was a weekend during this time period, so actual production time would depend on a 5 or 7 day workweek.

2020 Mustang VVR - 2.jpg
Sponsored