2020 GT500 confirmed orders

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Just went to the Ford site, this fucking sucks, I cannot believe we cant configure this car. While Chevrolet has a configurator for the c8 which doesnt even come out till next year. Sorry to mention C8 in this thread, lol, dont care about that car.

Fucking Ford man. Really getting fed up with their BS. GM needs to fire the camaro design team and the execs who approved that atrocity and start with a clean slate. Come back with a bad ass car to light a fire under ford's lazy ass.
When I see "Mountain View, Cally" I automatically think of Silicon Valley and Multi-Millionaires many many times over. I use to call a guy by the name of Don Valentine one of the founding fathers of Sequoia Capital regarding certain companies. That was many many years ago.
Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
In reality it would probably be best to get it in the spring. My dealer was saying Thanksgiving, which got me excited. Then I think about the crappy weather we have in Ohio and the only thing I could do with it is look at it in the garage.
If November you could get it Ceramic coated, PPF done and a few other things. I plan to pick mine up in my trailer drop off for PPF and Ceramic coating then put my new V703 wheels from signature wheels on it, maybe do some other stuff when aftermarket parts start rolling out. Mostly appearance stuff then she will be ready for spring

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
If November you could get it Ceramic coated, PPF done and a few other things. I plan to pick mine up in my trailer drop off for PPF and Ceramic coating then put my new V703 wheels from signature wheels on it, maybe do some other stuff when aftermarket parts start rolling out. Mostly appearance stuff then she will be ready for spring
Dunk, thats my plan as well if it is a winter delivery. Pick it up, take it straight to ceramic coating or xpel (still deciding) then putting it in the garage next to a chair so i can drink beer and stare at it.

What I am missing is a truck and trailer to get it from the dealer to the paint shop.

geoking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
31,34,48 and 2019 Fords + a 58& 66 Chevy trucks
Ordered on 24 July (Base, TO, Handling Pkg, cover & Recaros).
Called Ford Performance today for the first time to check status, and they told me:
1. It is scheduled for build the week of 23 Sep!
2. Said the dealer should have a VIN shortly.

I was shocked & happy!
Evan,
Your car, VooDoo's and mine are all scheduled for the same build week of 9/23.

Congrats on the good news

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Dunk, thats my plan as well if it is a winter delivery. Pick it up, take it straight to ceramic coating or xpel (still deciding) then putting it in the garage next to a chair so i can drink beer and stare at it.

What I am missing is a truck and trailer to get it from the dealer to the paint shop.
I got a truck and trailer Your in reading but where you get your car?

Mine will be vodka in my chair not a fan of beer.....lol

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Evan,

Damn it, my name is Evan too and I thought you somehow got news on my build date before me.

But congrats geoking. Aka the 3rd other Evan ive ever met.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
I got a truck and trailer Your in reading but where you get your car?

Mine will be vodka in my chair not a fan of beer.....lol
Yea I can get down with some Kettle One as well. Ill be picking the car up in Delaware.
Im getting quotes and checking out 3 different ceramic coating places now.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
The FRAP has not built any 2020 GT500's so far and we are still over a month away before the initial launch of the first GT500's to be assembled.

As far as the last 3 numbers of your VIN namely "711" that number simply indicates how many VIN's have been assigned to the various Mustang models which includes the 2020MY Eco Boost, Bullitt (not sure if they are continuing this year), the Mustang GT, GT350/GT350R's and of course the upcoming GT500 2 seat and 4 seat cars.

Congrats on your upcoming 2020 GT500!!

:sunglasses:
Interesting. Curious how many GT500 VIN's are lower than mine (145)

I didn't have any questions after reviewing the links here on this site such as the order guide thread, color palate thread, and the e-sourcebook thread. Nevermind everything else that has been disected and analysed over and over again.

Is it indecision or just that you want to build a car online that you will never purchase?

More of the same stuff around here. If it isn't this, it's that. What's next?
How it doesnt run 8s on factory tires and pump gas? Or sub 1 minute "ring" time

Ordered on 24 July (Base, TO, Handling Pkg, cover & Recaros).
Called Ford Performance today for the first time to check status, and they told me:
1. It is scheduled for build the week of 23 Sep!
2. Said the dealer should have a VIN shortly.

I was shocked & happy!
Congrats, location?

Evan,

Its awesome, but also not lol. That means of all the cars built that week, we are so far apart, we may be waiting a while for delivery
Yea I can get down with some Kettle One as well. Ill be picking the car up in Delaware.
Im getting quotes and checking out 3 different ceramic coating places now.
Call Shinetechs, tell him Steve/slipstream sent you to get a best price

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Evan,

Thanks, back at you all as well!

I surmise they are building the easy ones first, and spreading around the country.
My focus now is ordering the simple/common parts to get ready for the track:
- Braided Brake hoses, Schroth 4pt belts
- Jacking rails, Camber plates (since they donā€™t come with the handling package)
- Oil Separater (wonder when the FP version will be available...)
Other pieces may have to wait until we determine if the parts are common to the current GT350, like:
- Tow hooks, rear vertical links, diff lockouts, etc.
We probably need a sticky tracking parts commonality...

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜09 GT500KR & ā€˜16 GT350 Track Pack & ā€˜20 GT500 HP
Congrats, location?

Its awesome, but also not lol. That means of all the cars built that week, we are so far apart, we may be waiting a while for delivery
Iā€™m in San Antonio. My dealer is in the DFW area.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Iā€™m in San Antonio. My dealer is in the DFW area.
Down in Corpus here, ordered locally. Fingers crossed that there are no material holds or delays in transportation...I'm PSYCHED!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Voodoo, I have a call in with Shine Techs, I will make sure I do some name dropping! I just got my first ceramic quote, $1,961, full car, rims, engine bay, glass. Seems reasonable.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Anybody in California have your cars status changed to clean or scheduled? If so, can you post dates?

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Looks like things are moving along. For 1Mic, that is Ford I.T. dept with the hold up. The C8 configuration was slap together to get the hype up. It is not the one used for the official site. But to generate hype, their team put something together that people could look at.

If you go to Ford, you see that the GT500 is still in "future: status. Until Ford marketing and probably a few other committees move it to release, they will not put the configurator into on-line mode. I agree though, let us at least play with it....use the temp build one like they had with the Mustang challenge.

With VIN's being assigned, it should not be long now.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
When I see "Mountain View, Cally" I automatically think of Silicon Valley and Multi-Millionaires many many times over. I use to call a guy by the name of Don Valentine one of the founding fathers of Sequoia Capital regarding certain companies. That was many many years ago.
I wish I was a millionaire! Lol
I'd get a ford gt and a gt500 to compliment each other. Get 2 cars from the each of the big 3.
Sponsored