Sponsored

2019 B&O Subwoofer Install Help?

nathanks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Curious, most everyone else has had a positive response. I wonder if your experience is due to subwoofer choice?
I doubt it. The Dayton is a great sub. The biggest limiting factor will always be the amp, and in this scenario the stock amp just isn't getting it done.
Sponsored

Assh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red GT
Black and Purple wires go to the negative input on aftermarket sub.
Yellow and Green wires positive input on aftermarket sub.
I've got all that and my new sub has DVC with 2 connections. Then it doesn't really matter which connection each pair of wire connects as long as the polarity is correct.

Thanks.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Correct

I've got all that and my new sub has DVC with 2 connections. Then it doesn't really matter which connection each pair of wire connects as long as the polarity is correct.

Thanks.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
I doubt it. The Dayton is a great sub. The biggest limiting factor will always be the amp, and in this scenario the stock amp just isn't getting it done.
To me the Dayton sounds better and is tighter than the factory sub. Always planned to install an amp though. Bought a Rockford R250 just haven’t installed it yet.

Sponsored

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Old thread but if hooking up a DVC 4ohm speaker is it putting a 2ohm or 8ohm load on the stock amp. I know it depends on if you wire it in parallel or series. How did you guys end up doing it?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I assume each voice coil is 4 ohms.

Parallel is 2 ohms overall, and series is 8 ohms.

If you have stereo left & right channel signals available, then run one into one coil and the other into the other. The two signals will "sum to mono" electro-acoustically". The amp is happy because each channel sees a 4 ohm load.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I assume each voice coil is 4 ohms.

Parallel is 2 ohms overall, and series is 8 ohms.

If you have stereo left & right channel signals available, then run one into one coil and the other into the other. The two signals will "sum to mono" electro-acoustically". The amp is happy because each channel sees a 4 ohm load.
This would be just replacing the stock B&O 10" sub with the stock amp, after reading through all these threads there are two clips with two wires each and there are 2 positives on one and 2 negatives on the other?

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
This would be just replacing the stock B&O 10" sub with the stock amp, after reading through all these threads there are two clips with two wires each and there are 2 positives on one and 2 negatives on the other?
Yes. So you connect one pair to one of your coils and the other to the other. The stock B&O is a 4ohm DVC sub.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Yes. So you connect one pair to one of your coils and the other to the other. The stock B&O is a 4ohm DVC sub.
What if I did a SVC and just twisted the 2 negs and 2 pos and hooked up that way? Would that cause a problem with the amp?

Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Yes. Don't do that. You are connecting the positives of two amp channels together and it won't like that.
I think that is what some people do with a SVC sub. Of course driving just one channel and leaving the other disconnected would significantly reduce the power output. Just use a DVC sub is the obvious solution !

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
I think that is what some people do with a SVC sub. Of course driving just one channel and leaving the other disconnected would significantly reduce the power output. Just use a DVC sub is the obvious solution !
I went ahead and ordered the Pioneer DVC 4ohm and will install it this weekend. Already popped off the trim piece with no damage and added 8oz Poly Fil for the time being 👍🏼

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I went ahead and ordered the Pioneer DVC 4ohm and will install it this weekend. Already popped off the trim piece with no damage and added 8oz Poly Fil for the time being 👍🏼
I broke half my grille tabs. How did you do it?
Would be great if you documented installing the Pioneer woofer for us.
Sponsored